Closed Thread
Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Dubious efficacy and safety when we have a growing anri-science / anti-vax movement and need complete or near-complete adherence to vaccination recommendations to have a shot at returning to BAU in the next two years.

Your idea was dumb and if you don't understand why then you are dumb.
    300,000 dead it is then.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Why are people getting hung up on the numbers of deaths from this virus as if it's some huge number? Even if the vaccine went country wide in March, we'd still be talking about how dumb others are. People in general are either going to take it or they won't, cause that's just how we are today, no one is gonna change a mind, a stimulus won't do anything to change a mind, and notmypresident2.0 won't do it either.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    300,000 dead it is then.
    Got my answer too

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

300,000 dead it is then.
    Or if the vaccine is efficacious and has dangerous side effects, 600,000. Or 3,000,000.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Or if the vaccine is efficacious and has dangerous side effects, 600,000. Or 3,000,000.
    Testing for "safe enough relative to a global pandemic" safety is pretty quick and easy.

Efficacy testing is what takes time, time we should've spent mass producing and making it available.
    ^

BG Level

Except if it were quick and easy, it would have been done. Several times. I think I even mentioned before that coronaviruses are notoriously hard to make vaccines for.

BG Level

The safety testing is quick, the efficacy step is the one we should've blown past.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Safety is the hard part. We could have blown through efficacy by intentionally exposing volunteers to someone that is shedding after vaccinating them. However, we basically did safety and efficacy testing in parallel with the phase 3 study, so adding another level where we test for efficacy actually would have made it slower unless that let us shorten the safety testing somehow.

The problem here is that COVID itself is not *that* bad (nothing-flu for most, hospitalization for some, 0.5% mortality rate now?), so they have to show that their vaccines are very safe to be better than a 75% chance of getting COVID. To show it is very safe, you need a lot of people and you need time for problems to occur.

BG Level

The safety testing is quick, the efficacy step is the one we should've blown past.
    Except it isn't quick. That's why there are several phases involved.

BG Level

And the fuck with COVID isn't that bad? Yes it is. Still definitively worse than the flu. Just because some people don't get critically ill doesn't mean it isn't that bad.

We rushed out a number of treatments of dubious efficacy during this exact pandemic lol
    Not a medical professional but....treatment =/= vaccine?

I don't see trying to use hydroxyTrumpoquin or Remdysavir and other stuff as attempts to stop someone from dying as on the same level as a vaccine that all healthy people are going to inject willingly into themselves to stop the spread of covid. Maybe it's me but a vaccine for a crazy pandemic needs to have it's side effects examined since ED medication can make your heart burst into flames and your brain melt into cancer as a side effect (hyperbole btw but some of that shit has crazy side effects)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The mean response to COVID is much worse than influenza, but I'm not convinced the median response is. It's perfectly legitimate to compare most of the non-hospitalized distribution of COVID cases to the flu, as I did.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The problem here is that COVID itself is not *that* bad (nothing-flu for most, hospitalization for some, 0.5% mortality rate now?)
    LOL

BG Level

The mean response to COVID is much worse than influenza, but I'm not convinced the median response is. It's perfectly legitimate to compare most of the non-hospitalized distribution of COVID cases to the flu, as I did.
    Do we have any idea at all how frequently people have asymptomatic influenza?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    LOL
    Americans always gotta justify their globally worst response

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The US has handled the pandemic catastrophically bad, but in no way is their response the worst in the world. That wonderful honor goes to Brazil. I would say Venezuela as well before the US. We have no real idea the extent of Russia's outbreak either. Though we may never.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    The US has handled the pandemic catastrophically bad, but in no way is their response the worst in the world. That wonderful honor goes to Brazil. I would say Venezuela as well before the US. We have no real idea the extent of Russia's outbreak either. Though we may never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Americans always gotta justify their globally worst response

BG Level

Yes, but you didn't specify that.

But let me go tell my COVID patient it's nbd, the flu is worse. That's if they can hear me through the ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    We have no real idea the extent of Russia's outbreak either. Though we may never.
    It's fucking horrible. Worse than you know.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Why are canadians such consistently bad posters

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh