+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Set 100 years before breath of the wild.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors. But this time I'll wait til the ultimate edition of the game.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looks like you got beat by 1 minute.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Looks like you got beat by 1 minute.
    I was going to merge but whatever. If one gets more than the other then I'll do it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Hated BOTW to no end so I’ll see how it develops

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    May I asked what you hated? I also hated it for years due to not liking the controls or the weapon system. About 3 weeks ago I played for the wife to get her the glider and somehow everything just clicked.

Now I'm like 40 hours in and completely addicted.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    May I asked what you hated? I also hated it for years due to not liking the controls or the weapon system. About 3 weeks ago I played for the wife to get her the glider and somehow everything just clicked.

Now I'm like 40 hours in and completely addicted.

Don't like the ambiance.

The world feels empty, there's no 'dungeons' the game being based on mostly the Shrine is stupid they have boring designs, the poop quest is just boring

It doesn't feel Zelda at all, it just feel Skyrim with Zelda characters in it

I know Zelda is not recognize for the story line, but each Zelda has a small story in it, now it's just 2h of intro then its over nothing else, the world doesn't evolve like other Zelda and etc

Last boss doesn't feel like Ganon at all except the Horse fight part

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this game has nothing to do with BOTW right? its a zelda dynasty warriors

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Still in the same world, same environnement so never know

Eh, it feels like a Zelda to me outside of the dungeon content. Granted, I totally get the perspective if Zelda is dungeons and the in-between is negligible.

Not into dynasty warriors but I might look into this title. The story they hinted at in BOTW was really cool although they didn’t really deliver it on it as well as I would hope.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Gameplay wise it'll be pretty standard musou stuff, but the story is 100% BOTW if the trailer is any indication, letting the player go through the events that led to Calamity Ganon taking over the castle and Link falling asleep for 100 years

I never played the first Zelda musou game, did anyone here play it? Was it any good?

https://twitter.com/Lythero/status/1...432122884?s=20

So it sounds like they’re going for a serious canon take.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Gameplay wise it'll be pretty standard musou stuff, but the story is 100% BOTW if the trailer is any indication, letting the player go through the events that led to Calamity Ganon taking over the castle and Link falling asleep for 100 years

I never played the first Zelda musou game, did anyone here play it? Was it any good?
    It was the best musou game that they've ever put out. I've played em since Dynasty Warriors 2

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Hyrule Warriors is probably one of my favorite games ever and I had played no musou games before it. I know this style of combat/repetitive gameplay is definitely not for everyone, but I just really like a game like this sometimes between other games where I can just mindlessly kill things. It's also quite fun getting to play as such a huge amount of characters from the series.

Even if you just want to play through the main story of Hyrule Warriors, it was maybe like <20-30 hours? But if you want to keep going, there is easily like 200+ hours of stuff to do in the game after that with adventure maps and stuff.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I was going to merge but whatever. If one gets more than the other then I'll do it.
    ; ;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I still need to play the original Hyrule Warriors. Had it almost a year now but haven't gotten around to it because of other games. Looks like they either used the assets from BotW or matched the art style really closely for this game which is cool.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Played the F out of Hyrule Warriors, but even before all of the DLC came out, I was getting worn out by it, so I don't think I'll wait for an Ultimate Edition. I also didn't like some of the "Play Perfect or Fail" conditions, but those are fairly minor gripes in a fantastic game. Very much looking forward to this, and I hope the visual style of BOTW doesn't clash too much with the gratuitous amount of action in a muso game.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm quite fond of musou games (especially the Gundam ones, the One Piece ones are... eh), and it sounds like I need to try the first Hyrule Warriors.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh man oh man oh man. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition on switch was a great game. The Wii U versions slowdown was unbearable at the times and the 3DS version felt like cut content from the Wii U version. DE smashed them together in a good way and for the most part balanced the story mode out to the end. The main thing that sucked was some items you need to progress characters could be major mother fuckers to obtain (looking at you Tetra's Sandals) and once you've beaten the story mode, which to be fair is a very long story mode, everything else is repetitive with regional variation.

Some thoughts:
    HWDE had a lot of characters. HWAoC could realistically have Link, Zelda, the King, the 4 champions, ... *Shrug* We're getting some original characters, I hope none of them are Lana/Cia level Mary Sue's.
    Everyone's going to die at the end, of course there will be some Mary Sue's.
    Announced re-release of the Champion Amiibo's for this. Which, horray.
    Battlefields are gonna be interesting if they try and keep some area's parity with BoTW.
    Calling it now - the story sets up BoTW 2 in some way.

Still in the same world, same environnement so never know
    It's a Musou game the gameplay litterally cannot be ambient or empty. You're getting kill counts in the thousands on most story levels.

I bet the additional information they're gonna give on the 26th is you can only buy/play the game for 6months XD.