+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nice seeing FF have a medieval style setting again though yeah combat seems eh.

I just hope they don't pull another XV with a ton of DLC content again.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Here's the thing, I trust Yoshi-P with a schedule. And also to make sure its right before releasing. Something I can't say about the other business divisions.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like XIV and XV had a baby and it came out retarded :/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am more then excited for this. Going back to a more fantasy rooted story and not trying to modernize things like 13 and 15 did.

And while graphically, yeah, it's not the overly jaw dropping stuff we're used to with FF with each new release, if it means they're going to start prioritizing gameplay and story and etc etc over just trying to make the most beautiful game ever at the expense of other aspects of the game, I'm ALL FOR IT

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    SE needs to be REAL careful in not having a second flagship title stuck in development hell after XV. Both financially and for whatever reputation they may have left before that overall public opinion really starts to fall to Atlus.

Or hell, they may not care about anything besides the bottom line and grass graphic fidelity. Will be an interesting development cycle full of tells for the future of the series.
    it just seems like they're trying to do too much, I was hoping for FFVIIR pt2 by 2022 but that seems wishful and that game already has a base layout. ffxv took 10 years to release, can't see why this would be that much better.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Technically, the game looks amazing, and not all of that is just ray tracing. Idk how I weigh this though, final fantasy is always drop dead gorgeous, but I expect it. Im definitely feeling the medieval fantasy setting and am glad to be away from the futuristic setting the mainline titles have been lately.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Technically, the game looks amazing, and not all of that is just ray tracing. Idk how I weigh this though, final fantasy is always drop dead gorgeous, but I expect it. Im definitely feeling the medieval fantasy setting and am glad to be away from the futuristic setting the mainline titles have been lately.

yea it seems more similar to FFXII for me tbh

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

XV had a shitton of development issues, between jumping consoles, jumping engines (which basically made them drop all the shit they already made and start from scratch), jumping game directors mid production, etc, etc

Between that and the shitty initial release of FFXIV (which is now a constant source of revenue for them after the ARR fix), there's no fucking way they're going to keep fucking up that badly. Do I expect this game before 2022? No, but I'm not so pessimistic either

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    The dude straight up warped strike at one point lol. Looks like they also added some kind of DMC style devil bringer.
    So apparently the battle director for DMC5 is also behind this game. Fucking hell yeah!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I was hoping for something on FF7R part 2, guess we’ll be waiting years for both games.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Teasing that theyre rebeling against the crystals cmonnnn I even wanna see more of the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    So apparently the battle director for DMC5 is also behind this game. Fucking hell yeah!
    Fuck yeah. When I saw the big hands, I instantly thought Nero lol, so that makes sense.

Yeah, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Not a big fan of the graphics and character design, but if we're getting FF with DMC combat, I'm ok with everything else. I just hope the story is good too

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I hope there are more party members and this isn't too KH'ish in that you only control the protagonist and occasionally jump around to other characters, but I also hope the jumping between members isn't as clunky as XV

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Teasing that theyre rebeling against the crystals cmonnnn I even wanna see more of the plot

Yeah and the fact that the abilities you see the main character use are based on summons, I have a feeling you will be killing eidolons who control the crystals.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Theyre doing some blasphemous shit and I am down for it lets gooo

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09...unced-for-ps5/

Final Fantasy XVI producer (that’s right, just producer) Naoki Yoshida here. How did you enjoy the trailer? The exclusive footage, comprised of both battles and cutscenes running in real-time, represents but a fraction of what our team has accomplished since the start of development on this, an all-new Final Fantasy game. In that span, the team’s size has grown from a handful of core members to a full-fledged unit that continues to polish and build upon what they have created so far, all to provide players an experience unmatched in terms of story and gameplay.

Our next big information reveal is scheduled for 2021, so in the meantime, I expect everyone to have fun speculating, as we have a lot in store—not only for Final Fantasy XVI, but for Final Fantasy XIV, too. Needless to say, I’ll be working hard on both!

— Final Fantasy XVI Producer, Naoki Yoshida

When Final Fantasy I was released, I was just another player─a young student with big dreams. By the time Final Fantasy V was in the works, I had earned myself a seat at the developers’ table… albeit at the very end. From there, I moved “online” leaving my mark on both Final Fantasy XI and XIV.

And now…XVI.

From the establishment of an all new development environment, to learning the ins-and-outs of the PlayStation 5, the team and I have taken on countless challenges during our journey to bring you the sixteenth chapter in the storied Final Fantasy franchise. And though we’re pouring our hearts and souls into this project each and every day, it may still be some time before we can get it into your hands. However, I promise it will be worth the wait!

— Final Fantasy XVI Director, Hiroshi Takai

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ignoring any complaints I can have about XIV being very repetitive, Yoshida still has my trust with just how he handles the game. Now, just need to known who will do the music. Maybe a crazy Soken/Shimomura duo?

But yeah, with them constantly pointing out it's still ways off I'm not expecting it for another couple of years...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

this will be the first mainline single player title in at least a decade that nomura won't have a hand in. cause for optimism, IMO. with yoshi-p handling production i think we have a good shot at seeing this within the next 2 years.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, hearing his approach and ideology and how he told the SE execs that the company needed to change if it wanted to survive and succeed again in those NoClip ffxiv documentary videos really makes me think this game will be handled a hell of a lot better then the last few.

Will it be a good game? Who knows, let's hope so. But I'm optimistic this won't be a cluster fuck filled production and forced out kind of game like XV was

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Yeah, hearing his approach and ideology and how he told the SE execs that the company needed to change if it wanted to survive and succeed again in those NoClip ffxiv documentary videos really makes me think this game will be handled a hell of a lot better then the last few.

Will it be a good game? Who knows, let's hope so. But I'm optimistic this won't be a cluster fuck filled production and forced out kind of game like XV was
    It's also worth noting that SE lately has been a lot better about production times outside of anything Nomura touches.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag