+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I get a very FF14 feel from the character designs and the music... I want to know the creative team to confirm...
    110% same. I haven't played FFXIV in years, but I swear I hear a main voice from there, Thancred or WoD maybe?

Edit: Just got off work and replied to the first comment that echoed my feelings, I really gotta scroll further down lol. XIV may not be for me anymore, but Yoshi has a hell of a record. I'm down to see what he can do.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    It's also worth noting that SE lately has been a lot better about production times outside of anything Nomura touches.
    And I think this is largely because of Yoshi-P and his influence on the execs at the company

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

At one point I realized that SE is not a game company but a visual arts company and Final Fantasy games are just an art style with a mildly entertaining but usually nonsensical story. So if you like the art style or don't that just makes or breaks each series. This is the first Final Fantasy game I'm interested in playing since 12 and I skipped 13/14/15 entirely.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status...57893661388807

Okay I’m officially hyped for this.

Yeah, that and no Nomura. This is gonna be pretty good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They should also get the chick that wrote Shadowbringers in for this. Lady got some mad skill.

this announcement just makes me sad there is no announcement for a new dragon quest yet

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is just an initial trailer I guess to capture hype but I'm not really excited at all with this presentation.

Happy that they're leaving Nomura behind for sure, happy that the gameplay is more than likely gonna on point so even if I dont like the story, I'll get a lot of playtime outta the fights. However, like someone said, looks very generic. Got FFXIV meets Game of Thrones vibes. They really need a FF that isn't taking itself too seriously after FFXV but that's my personal opinion.

Really not a lot of information to go off of aside from who's helping create the game so I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Turn it into an Ivalice title though, and I'll stan all day. We get who's doing music?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Right, high on emotions maybe but me and my friend went to talk about the trailer after the event. If anyone wants to hear 2 guys rag on the trailer:

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It at least can't be worse than XV, right?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Not with Yoshi-P in charge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How is this next gen worthy haha, I mean we went back to more traditional roots, sure. But it doesn't look any better than FFVII Remake, have we plateaued?
    Trailer looks good, very lore driven, but I reserve judgment as XV was a mess of a story and not up to the FF quality I am used to.

I agree with you Stig. Nothing in that trailer made me go "wow" from a graphical standpoint. It looks like a current gen game.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's typical of any early release/build of a next gen console though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They have said XVI is bring built on an existing engine. It is Project Athenia that is supposed to the SE's new engine.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Trailer looks good, very lore driven, but I reserve judgment as XV was a mess of a story and not up to the FF quality I am used to.
    Between what they cut out with Luna, the datalog and reports and all the stuff they added with DLC, the story eventually became really fantastic with Ardyn being a fantastic antagonist. But the base release of the game didn't deliver on most of it at all. On paper it was a great story, but that was the problem, you had to fucking read it off of those reports and barely any of it was actually shared via gameplay and cutscenes

Ardyn was a great villain. After you learned why he was doing the shit that he was doing

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Frankly it looks like its going to be too damn grimdark for me, think I decided that with the scene of some dude getting beheaded and his blood splatter just drenching that kid. So yah, I've checked out on this game but It still looks like it has a solid chance to be real good. Plus after that CC remake among other things my faith in SE isn't high these days.

But regardless of how I feel, it looks the stars are aligning for this one in terms of the team coming together. Definitely has potential, I wonder if it'll come out within the next 5 years.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This is gonna sound dumb as fuck BUT:

Game looks amazing

Trailer looks dumb af

I can't complete explain it. I think part of it is the speaking parts are lower than the music and the timing of the voice and the lettering feels weird. idk I'm old. But I am super hyped for it despite the trailer while at the same time because of the trailer. The fuck.

[edit] I am sad it seems like they are once again moving away from a party system (though maybe it's just hidden right now), I feel like they were starting to get it figured out with FFVIIR, so I hope they don't completely give up on it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Between what they cut out with Luna, the datalog and reports and all the stuff they added with DLC, the story eventually became really fantastic with Ardyn being a fantastic antagonist. But the base release of the game didn't deliver on most of it at all. On paper it was a great story, but that was the problem, you had to fucking read it off of those reports and barely any of it was actually shared via gameplay and cutscenes

Ardyn was a great villain. After you learned why he was doing the shit that he was doing
    Even then a lot of it was just not shown on the screen. The idea was good, the execution not so much.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Final Fantasy XVI (PC/PS5)

Ardyn is arguably the best antagonist in the entire franchise. He’s the only one with a legitimate and actually relatable/understandable reason to why he does what he does. At least Kefka was an unapologetic deranged lunatic. Everyone else is just some half-assed Japanese trope sprinkled with a little Oedipus complex and the one reskinned Star Wars.

Other than Kefka, he’s also the only one who actually accomplished what he set out to do.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Looks like XIV and XV had a baby and it came out retarded :/
    ^ This, but I wouldn't say retarded; I'd say it's like when you know the baby has some sort of life affecting condition but you're not sure if it's going to be self esteem issues or self care issues.

So for a game would it be the constant comparisons to the 2 last generation FF games, or is it going to be what looks to be DMC approach to the gameplay that everyone picks on?

I mean visually I'm mostly happy. A fucking old world looking castle?! In current gen 3D? In MY Final Fantasy? AND it's more likely than I think? Woo boy.

But uh, does anyone else think Shiva looks like someone took Lunafreya from 15 and added a Shiva skin? I'm happy she's finally getting a role in the main story.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag