Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hot take, after Shadowbringers, Emet Selch is one of my all time favourite antagonists. Easily up there. ShB story is phenomenal

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Now, just need to known who will do the music. Maybe a crazy Soken/Shimomura duo?
    So far it sounds like more of Shimomura's takes on the old Uematsu crystal themes we got in FF15, but it could definitely be Naoshi Mizuta!

At this point Mizuta deserves it, so I hope we're actually hearing him.

He and Yoshida have a huge rapport, and he's been working with Takai directly for 18 years. He's been delivering A+ tracks for every game he's participated in, even shit garbage like the FF13 sequels.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks pretty prettay prettayyyy good. Agree with whoever said they were glad FF was heading back to its medieval roots; nothing against steampunk/brotrip/etc. but always enjoy a good Western European-esque fantasy setting in both literature and games.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I liked XIII-2.

The soundtrack was a large part of it.

Quite frankly, I look forward to playing as the Kingsglai--I mean the Arise--I mean the new protag.

Nomura not being anywhere near this makes me more optimistic than I was originally.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FFXIII-2 was the best one of that trilogy gameplay wise. Loved collecting me some pokemons.

I still never quite finished Lightning Returns. The time limit and the need to look everything up so as to not fuck up really turned me off from it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With the amount of product placement and tie-ins we saw with XV, I thought SE would never allow the series to return to medieval fantasy.
    Maybe they only resorted to Cup Noodle tactics because the 11 year production ran so over budget it was more an act to recoup cost than milk the cash cow (??)
    Barring time travel shenanigans (lookin at you I and VIII), I guess they're comfortable enough shilling with FF7R chapters for that Butterfinger money.

And Nomura needed a time-out for sure. I wish it were Hiroyuki Itou (fuck, I really wish it were Sakaguchi...) but it's in good hands with Yoshida & Takai.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    FFXIII-2 was the best one of that trilogy gameplay wise. Loved collecting me some pokemons.

I still never quite finished Lightning Returns. The time limit and the need to look everything up so as to not fuck up really turned me off from it.
    I had this same perception of LR when it came out and I never finished it at launch. I revisited the series a year ago and finished LR. The clock is just there, you can pretty much ignore it. I finished all quests and main story by day 7 without a guide. It's very lenient.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I had this same perception of LR when it came out and I never finished it at launch. I revisited the series a year ago and finished LR. The clock is just there, you can pretty much ignore it. I finished all quests and main story by day 7 without a guide. It's very lenient.
    Seconding this.

I did enjoy my time with LR.

I actually enjoyed the spin offs more than the base game.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The first thing I tried to find was if Nomura had a hand in it. Since that fuckwad isn't involved, I'm crazy stoked for this

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going by the trailer, this game is either engaging TAA (yuck), or the texture detail is far too fine and is getting eaten by the Youtube compression. I can't see any other reason why the details are all blurred otherwise before you account for the motion blur.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Final Fantasy XVI (PC/PS5)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Going by the trailer, this game is either engaging TAA (yuck), or the texture detail is far too fine and is getting eaten by the Youtube compression. I can't see any other reason why the details are all blurred otherwise before you account for the motion blur.
    I 100% believe this started out as a ff14 expansion. Some of those models are straight up ps3 level.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

v much doubt it was going to be an XIV expansion as none of this fits in to XIV outside of similarity in art style. similarity in assets is simply down to the fact that yoshida's team works on both games, no deeper meaning here. reusing an art style or assets is 100% Yoshida's m.o. and it isn't necessarily a bad thing if we don't want the game to take 15 years to make

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Point still stands than. Looks like they reused a few ff14 assets.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

I want this to feel more like the ff7 remake then 15 for the love of god

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I 100% believe this started out as a ff14 expansion. Some of those models are straight up ps3 level.
    How do you get the conclusion that this was gonna be an XIV expansion?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't played XIV since Heavensward, my friend linked a clip the trailer in our Discord and I thought it was a XIV expansion because the game looks a LOT like FFXIV, had to double check the beginning to make sure It did actually say XVI and I didn't have a dyslexia moment. I'm not saying Story wise or anything it matches, but it certainly immediately reminded me of playing XIV. maybe it was the character models, or the medieval back-drop, or the cutscene 'quality', or all the above, but it definitely looked like FFXIV.

ANYWAY. My rambling aside, I can see why someone looking at this might think that... I personally woulda thought this might have started as like... a FFXIV Single-player game featuring the Allaghan Empire or something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The Witcher Fantasy XVI

They need to clean up gameplay.

Also, I haven't seen enough to tell here but AAA games in general need to work on making the CGs/story less "community theater"-ish.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gameplay better not be button mashy like ff15. Ff7r had a great combat system, and i hope they took lessons from that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Gameplay better not be button mashy like ff15. Ff7r had a great combat system, and i hope they took lessons from that.

How was holding down a single button button mashey?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk which insult is worse lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text