+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Man I've been on the I'll get around to playing MHW one of these days train forever. This game is gonna be here before that lol
    Ditto. I still need to actually hunt Fatalis and win.

EDIT: Nintendo's server must be getting hammered. Can't even get the game to queue on my switch.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cleared all the large monsters in the demo with SNS. The new bug clutch claw thing is everything the clutch claw should of been in Iceborne thank fuck they got rid of weakening spots on the monster.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also good job Capcom remembering to put tigrex in the base game this time that was like making jaws and forgetting to put a shark in it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Spiderman aspect still gets me every time I see it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Love it, cannot wait for March 26th. Gonna put hundreds of hours into this like I did World.

BG Level

Is there a training area in the demo to learn the controls for weapons?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wanting the game but life changed so much that I won’t have time to play and will be hard to find people for online progression like it was in generation on switch

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Is there a training area in the demo to learn the controls for weapons?
    Nope. Unfortunately, the demos for Monster Hunter games I've played now kind of just feel like they are more targeted at veterans of the series to check out what has changed. I do wish they included this type of thing in the demo though.

But yeah, I did quite enjoy going through this demo solo, and will probably play with friends and stuff in the next few days. The wire bug stuff feels pretty good, and I definitely prefer this wyvern riding system over clutch claw tenderizing nonsense again.

I do wish I was able to check out gear stats/abilities to see how they changed them for this game, since I think they did say they would be different than World and the old style?

BG Level

That's unfortunate. I love the demo but it's definitely not fun not being able to learn a moveset

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its not a demo thing the franchise has always been terrible at player training. World was better but it still had a long way to go.

BG Level

Wow LBG feels completely different. Can't do quick ammo changes on the fly and elemental ammo doesn't have a piercing effect any more

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know this is a Nintendo series, but I've only ever played World and that one on PS2 way back in the FFXI era. I love them, but I always consider it a "hardcore" game and I tend to go pretty crazy with em. For people used to that kind of thing, how does it translate to the handhelds? Should I bother or will I just be disappointed?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It was primarily a handheld series up until World.

But if liked World I'm sure you'll like this.

Also goddamn the HH redesign is amazing, weapon just fucking flows so well now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not sure how to articulate what is in my head so I'll give an example. Smash on handheld fucking sucks. It's the same game with the same basic gameplay as others in the series... yet I hate it. Everything about it feels "LITE" and 1/3 lobbies slow-motion lag because of people with shitty WiFi. I'd rather play ANY other version, and something in my gut is warning me about similar "handheld" issues here.

I don't know if anyone actually relates to that vibe... but given the series origins I am sure there are WAY more people who went from handheld to World rather than vice versa. So figured I'd ask about how it translates? Probably a difficult thing to answer seeing as I am struggling to even articulate what the question is, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It was primarily a handheld series up until World.

But if liked World I'm sure you'll like this.

Also goddamn the HH redesign is amazing, weapon just fucking flows so well now
    Fucking this holy shit HH really blew me away. Songs are easy to activate (you don't play them, just have the notes lined up), you can use world dances with normal attack strings and then you get super songs and wirebug skills.

Being an aggressive horn player just got even better, but you could also just spam healing songs really easily too lol.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    I'm not sure how to articulate what is in my head so I'll give an example. Smash on handheld fucking sucks. It's the same game with the same basic gameplay as others in the series... yet I hate it. Everything about it feels "LITE" and 1/3 lobbies slow-motion lag because of people with shitty WiFi. I'd rather play ANY other version, and something in my gut is warning me about similar "handheld" issues here.

I don't know if anyone actually relates to that vibe... but given the series origins I am sure there are WAY more people who went from handheld to World rather than vice versa. So figured I'd ask about how it translates? Probably a difficult thing to answer seeing as I am struggling to even articulate what the question is, lol.
    Ok,

A) Don't worry about connection quality or people on wifi, the nature of the game means it doesn't really fucking matter how bad or good the connection is with whoever you're playing with. I could go in depth about how the game interacts with other players when you're online but the short version is it doesn't matter. Anyone who played 4 remembers the French Insect Glaive armada, and while their quality of play may have been lacking, you never noticed any problem as it pertained to the distance between you and them which normally implies laggy play.

B) Expect the hunts in the game to generally be shorter then we saw in World (speed running shenanigans aside), the MH series has traditionally been aimed more at a quicker experience given it's handheld nature. The game seems to have carried over many of the ideas and QOL changes we saw in World, but I would expect this aspect to stay similar with the series moving back to the smaller screen.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bought a switch and should arrive in a day or two. I’m pretty happy with impressions and excited to try the demo myself.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At a glance I would say SNS is better off using the Wire bug multi hit attack on knockdowns rather then the traditional bnb now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, after playing MHGU on Switch with like 0 issues, I highly doubt this game will have connection problems unless something goes horribly wrong.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I doubt they have talk about this not to ruin possible sales

But will this have g rank or they will probably do a rise ultimate in 1-2 years?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast