+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Raised By Wolves (HBOMax) from Ridley Scott

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.c...pressive-debut
    After a striking debut on the streamer as the #1 performing Max original since the platform’s launch, HBO Max has ordered a second season of Raised by Wolves, a serialized sci-fi series from master storyteller and filmmaker Ridley Scott (The Martian, Gladiator, Alien), which has immersed fans into the rich, intricate world of Kepler 22-b. The series, which debuted with three episodes on Sept. 3, has continued to be a strong performer in its second week on the platform, growing its audience by nearly 50% week over week.

Raised by Wolves centers on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task. Scott serves as an executive producer on the series and directed the first two episodes, marking his television series directorial debut for American audiences. The series was created by Aaron Guzikowski, acclaimed writer and visionary behind the highly lauded film, Prisoners.

Critics have lauded the series, with IGN calling it “one of the most interesting sci-fi shows in years. Meanwhile, The Wall Street Journal heaps praise on Amanda Collin (A Conspiracy of Faith, A Horrible Woman), who stars as Mother, as “one of the most memorable female/female-like space entity since Sigourney Weaver’s Ripley in “Alien”—or the alien in “Aliens.” Collin’s performance, alongside her character’s counterpart, Father, played by Abubakar Salim (Fortitude, Jamestown), has been underscored as “top-notch” by Forbes.

In addition to Collin and Salim, Raised by Wolves stars Winta McGrath (Aloft, Red Dog: True Blue), Niamh Algar (The Virtues, Calm With Horses), Jordan Loughran (The Infiltrator, Emerald City), Matias Varela (Narcos, Point Break), Felix Jamieson (Game of Thrones, The Ghost), Ethan Hazzard (The Long Song, Damned), Aasiya Shah (Call the Midwife, Unforgotten) Ivy Wong (Star Wars: Rogue One, Maleficent 2) and Travis Fimmel (Vikings).

The series is produced by Scott's Scott Free Productions, with Scott, Guzikowski, David W. Zucker (The Man in the High Castle), Jordan Sheehan (The Terror), Adam Kolbrenner (Prisoners) and Mark Huffam (The Martian) serving as executive producers.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

worth the watching? looks interesting but haven't trusted Ridley Scott in a long time.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's dope and the lead actress is incredible

Doesn't have the stank of other recent Ridley Scott works

Thanks for making a thread, this show is legit.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

in case the bolded in the op got looked over, it got renewed today

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Episodes 6 and 7 are out now too.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Been really digging this along with Lovecraft Country. It wasn't at all what I expected and has a cool, eerie vibe to it.

This and lovecraft are 2 of the 3 series that one should be watching now. along with the Boys ofc

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

First episode is on youtube if you want to check it out

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    worth the watching? looks interesting but haven't trusted Ridley Scott in a long time.
    The trailer posted is misleading in all honesty and betrays how slow and.. cringy it can be at times. It's worth watching because it's a sci-fi universe that feels new and fairly unique so far. I'm enjoying it but at the same time i'm not as most of my enjoyment is coming from the world building and mysteries they are setting up. The entire show hinges on the payoff we may or may not get but eh it's worth a watch and Father is best.

This trailer is closer to what you will be getting for the first 5 episodes out so far.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Also i'm pretty sure first trailer gives away a bunch of stuff that still isn't shown up to episode 5.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'll edit it out, I just grabbed the first trailer link I saw for the sake of fleshing out the op

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I mean.. it is the far better trailer tbh, just a tad misleading.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I thought about making a thread for this cause I saw the preview and it looked really slick but I don't have HBOMax so..

This is seriously making me think about getting it.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I'm just downloading em, i got hbo but i guess they just junked my hbogo and never gave me max.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Father is best.
    This. He's my favorite part of the show.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

episode 6/7 spoiler
    Spoiler: show
    campion a bitch

So what are your predictions?

-story based on romulus/remus paul or campion will kill the other and become king
    -Planet has a remnant AI from the past
    -the holes are prior attempts at terraforming

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Praise sol this show doesn't become anymore fucking strange.

Going to assume the og campion is a misdirection or something by the cult in that one vision. They were clearly holding that creature captive in the box while it spat out the plasma like blood that androids have. It's safe to assume the creatures on the planet are not natural, in a sense, and are probably a previous settlement or some ancient human shit. Mutated after all these years surviving off of the failed terraforming attempts.

Also it made me laugh when otho reversed the blood and got bane'd as fuck from mother's blood from the baby.

All caught up and wow...

Just an observation:
    Are the Mithraic supposed to be Romans? Latin names, worship Sol Invictus + Mithras, legend of Romulus and Remus, etc. An "alternative history" where the Eastern and Western Roman Empire never fell would be pretty cool

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    All caught up and wow...

Just an observation:
    Are the Mithraic supposed to be Romans? Latin names, worship Sol Invictus + Mithras, legend of Romulus and Remus, etc. An "alternative history" where the Eastern and Western Roman Empire never fell would be pretty cool
    Where do you think the name of the show came from bucko

That being said, I am quickly losing interest in this show and have reached the point where ill finish it but won't really tell anyone else to watch it anymore. It's hitting a steady 'eh' from me as of episode 9.