FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nope, it's on the list I sent

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i am also on team drumstick

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Nope, it's on the list I sent
    I meant in: list of nestle products I personally use.

No one’s mentioned them, and they are delicious.

They changed the butterfinger recipe and that can gtfo.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    No such thing as good coffee. It's all burnt shit.
    Just means you have never had good coffee.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've had good coffee. I'm dating someone who is super into it. It's just not for everyone.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    So we can't change the layers of abuse in the entertainment industry by boycotting stuff except for totally this one specific instance of a Harry Potter game?
    You do understand that Warner Bros is actively pushing out Harry Potter and Rowling right? Game is likely only being pushed to the finish line because it was already mid dev cycle when Rowling started vomiting transphobia on social media. The franchises absence from Multiversus says quite a lot.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So you're saying Harry potter franchise is already dead and theres no need to boycott then?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Except for the whole thing where Rowling is still getting money from you buying this game yeah.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Capcim still a company and getting your money when you buy their games.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Except for the whole thing where Rowling is still getting money from you buying this game yeah.
    Do you know for a fact that her deal for this game gives her a cut of the profits or if it was just a flat fee?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What’s the statute of limitations on boycotting shitty entities for products they created? Volkswagen was made by Natzi’s and mf’s still buy them. Also imagine punishing the entirety of Hogwarts Legacy’s development team because the original creator of the IP is a shitstain, cause the only thing that would come as a result of the game doing poorly is the dev team getting terminated for making a bad game, not Rowling getting accused of making a bad IP.

Not even mentioning whether she got a lump sum payment to use the IP or if she’s getting royalties from the sale of each game, and even if she IS getting royalties from the sale of each game, she’d never even notice the pittance that would be missing from people boycotting the game, if you want to take down Rowling then you need more clout and authority then complaining on a game forum and virtue signalling people will get.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post

Nothing? at all? Not one thing?
    Nope. I'm familiar with the chart. Fuck. Nestle.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    What’s the statute of limitations on boycotting shitty entities for products they created? Volkswagen was made by Natzi’s and mf’s still buy them. Also imagine punishing the entirety of Hogwarts Legacy’s development team because the original creator of the IP is a shitstain, cause the only thing that would come as a result of the game doing poorly is the dev team getting terminated for making a bad game, not Rowling getting accused of making a bad IP.

Not even mentioning whether she got a lump sum payment to use the IP or if she’s getting royalties from the sale of each game, and even if she IS getting royalties from the sale of each game, she’d never even notice the pittance that would be missing from people boycotting the game, if you want to take down Rowling then you need more clout and authority then complaining on a game forum and virtue signalling people will get.
    You do understand that like 80% of the dev team is getting laid off regardless because that's just what happens to those teams when dev cycles end right? Like the idea that your punishing the devs who made it is just so out of touch with reality.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The game is either gonna be mid and no one will give a fuck in a few weeks or it’s gonna be a banger and nobody will care cause they are having fun with it

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You have a truly massive amount of information about all the financials for this game. Knowing the pay structure of Rowling's contract, that the entire dev team has apparently already been fired, it's quite impressive

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The most unrealistic part of the entire Harry Potter series is that it’s supposedly set in the 90s but at no point does anyone ever say “The Chicago Bulls are on a hell of a run.”

BG Level

Viktor Krum could never

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    You do understand that like 80% of the dev team is getting laid off regardless because that's just what happens to those teams when dev cycles end right? Like the idea that your punishing the devs who made it is just so out of touch with reality.
    You continued posting proves you actually have no idea how dev cycles work. Only a few companies still do that. I checked, this isn’t an EA game.

My hubby worked at his last company for over five years. It wasn’t until they produced a couple of fails that he knew he had to move on. New company he’s been at for over a year and is getting promoted. Thankfully he jumped ship at the right time, as layoffs are slowly happening at the last one.

Games do well=expansions and promotions

Games do poorly=consolidations and layoffs

Game development is a very different beast than say Hollywood, which does have dev cycles.

Game companies do rotations of projects all at different stages so you are always working on something.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/doe...gwarts-legacy/

Even if we pretend JK Rowling makes no ongoing royalties on Hogwarts Legacy, in most rights deals you have to buy out royalties, meaning you pay up front what you think royalties might be, but don’t have to pay royalties in the future. The royalty-free rights to the Hogwarts IP for a game would inevitably cost tens of millions of dollars at minimum, meaning there’s a direct line from people wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy to her earning money.
    Its fucking delusional to think that Rowling isnt making royalties from this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    You continued posting proves you actually have no idea how dev cycles work. Only a few companies still do that. I checked, this isn’t an EA game.

My hubby worked at his last company for over five years. It wasn’t until they produced a couple of fails that he knew he had to move on. New company he’s been at for over a year and is getting promoted. Thankfully he jumped ship at the right time, as layoffs are slowly happening at the last one.

Games do well=expansions and promotions

Games do poorly=consolidations and layoffs

Game development is a very different beast than say Hollywood, which does have dev cycles.

Game companies do rotations of projects all at different stages so you are always working on something.
    Fair enough you're still a petty cunt who put in a pathetic amount of effort to win an argument against a stranger on an internet forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag