+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Just the 26 eps? are Kai/Rei separate stories?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You'd need Kai too since the last two answer arcs are in it. Rei is OVAs I think and would be optional.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ok thanks

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I tried watching the Girl's Climbing Club show that was mentioned above. I was hoping it'd be more like Run in the Wind in the sense that it would be a sports anime about a non-mainstream sport told in such a way that was grounded and believable with characters that have a ton of depth. But it's a little too anime-trope'y and generic for my taste (which RwtW wasn't at all). And the animation quality is kinda meh too. Not really for me I don't think.

Taiso Samurai (the gymnastics anime) looks pretty legit after the first episode on the other hand. It's still really early obviously, but I'm getting some serious Yuri on Ice vibes which was a great show. They're done by the same studio so that helps with that naturally.

Otherwise, lessee, Danmachi is as good as you'd hope. Weine is a lot more childlike and adorable compared to what I had imagined from reading the LN, but that's fine, it totally works.

Kami-Tachi slimeboy is the generic isekai of the season. It's... pretty meh so far lol and the pacing is slow as fuck. But I enjoy the braindeaded'ness required to watch it lol.

The Day I Became a God had a great first episode. Can't tell if it's gonna be hilarious or crushingly sad at the end, or both. But yeah, I'm all in lol

Haikyuu is Haikyuu. But... is it me or is the animation quality kind of worse then it normally is? At least episode 2 felt pretty terrible compared to what I'm used to.

Tonikaku Kawaii is as okay as I expected lol. Again, don't expect much from it.

I'm Standing on 1,000,000 lives is interesting so far. More SAO then Isekai, and yeah, not really sure what to expect but just keeping tabs on it for now.

The first episode of Journey of Elaina was pretty good, but the second one had me annoyed. That chick that stole her badge, I just wanted to smack her the entire time lol. I dunno in what universe someone would take pity on her and try to befriend her for pulling that kinda shit.

And Mahouka is Mahouka. Nothing new to report here lol

I think that's all the new shit I've watched so far. I never watched the original Higurashi so I won't be getting into that. And I'll probably check out the Inuyasha sequel at some point. But yeah, if there's anything else worth checking out, lemme know! Also, is it me for does everything air on Friday and Saturday? Rest of the week feels empty as fuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I also felt the quality was off in that second episode of Haikyuu

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay good, so it wasn't just me

Golden Kamuy being back is the best thing ever, I fucking love this show.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Day I Became a God is going to emotionally destroy me isn't it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fall 2020 Anime

I’m out of stuff to watch so I am trying the pick up girls in a dungeon trash

There is plenty to like here. But holy fuck I CANNOT STAND THIS STUPID FUCKING HAREM SHIT HOLY FUCK STOP STOP STOP WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WHY IS HAREMSHIT A TROPE

FUCK

Harem shit is as cringey as fetishposting about how MLP ponies feet taste.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I’m out of stuff to watch so I am trying the pick up girls in a dungeon trash

There is plenty to like here. But holy fuck I CANNOT STAND THIS STUPID FUCKING HAREM SHIT HOLY FUCK STOP STOP STOP WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WHY IS HAREMSHIT A TROPE

FUCK

Harem shit is as cringey as fetishposting about how MLP ponies feet taste.
    Haven't watched that particular series, but I agree, Harem both as a genre and just as a trope very quickly grew very stale after puberty. Maybe it's because I'm tired of just how badly written most female characters are (big surprise), but Jesus Christ is it annoying when valuable screentime is devoted to otherwise capable characters fighting over their one weakness - their affection for that one male character whom every woman he encounters quickly grows affectionate for like some very bad fanfic. I get that many of the shows are written with a target audience of teenaged boys in mind, but I really wish that otherwise interesting shows didn't wind up having to include more females than necessary and mess up the writing of those characters so they can fulfill the harem phantasies of the viewers. Roughly goes the same way as devoting actual screentime to fanservice at the expense of including actual humor or properly written dialogue.

On the other hand, probably best to accept that I am simply not part of the target audience anymore and haven't been for more than ten years, minus some exceptions, of course. But yeah, not going back to characters declaring to each other that they're not going to lose the battle for the affection of the main character.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

wasn't really sure where to put this, so here
    https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1322151755556204544

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Vtubers.

So my wife is pretty much is addicted to this new trend. I don’t if this better or worse when I had to watch her favorite seasonal Moe series with her. Now she won’t stop forcing me watch JP stream to translate(they are also English Vtubers), and not to mention all these weird stories she’s sharing with me. Recent one is manager helping English group with Left for Dead 2 and the artwork people are Simping.

This is clip that got her into this rabbit hole.

Of course now I’m getting these clips as recommendations lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

NSFW

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Not bad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Getter Robo Arc.

Fuck yes New Go Nagai Mecha Series.

I’m happy they’re using the Heat Song (from Shin Getter Robo).

Btw Studio Trigger are big fans of Shin Getter Robo OVA series. they used scenes not only in Gurren Lagann but Kill La Kill.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm so hyped for Tensei Slime. Looks like they're backtracking a little and covering some of the shit they skipped from season 1, mainly the Yuurazania delegation coming over to introduce themselves, which happened before Rimuru went to go save the kids.

I'm curious how far they'll get this time around. In 26 episodes, the first season went at light speed and got to the end of volume 4, but did skip some stuff along the way.

End of Volume 7 makes most sense. Season 2 is a split 2-cour, so first cour would be Yuurazania coming over, and then Rimuru vs Hinata, and then the city being trashed and Falmus invading and Rimuru massacring them and ascending to a demon lord, resurrecting everyone with the cour ending with the cliffhanger of Veldora about to be freed.

And then the 2nd cour would be releasing Veldora, the big meeting with Blumund, Dwarvan and Sarion, followed by Walpurgis shenanigans, and then ending with Hinata round 2 leading to reconciliation and setting up the festival.

And that followed by an announcement of season 3! If they introduce Kumara and Zegion and Apito, I'll be happy too, but the latter 2 are probably a big stretch for the 2nd season

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Late to the party, but I've decided that Bofuri is anime of the year.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Today's episode of Danmachi was great. And the second half of this arc that starts from this point on is fantastic

Bell vs the Xenos reborn version of the Ox he fought and beat to get to level 2 is gonna be dope as fuck.

For anyone not in the know, the Ox after being reborn pretty spends its time roaming around the deep dungeon soloing shit to get stronger and stronger. It can go toe to toe with the other level 6's and the only one it's actually felt a sense of death from is Ottar, the only currently known level 7 AFAIK.

For comparison's sake, the Ganesha familia members (plus Ryuu and Aisha) it fucked up in single blows were all level 5 or 4