Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have no idea where the Danmachi manga is at at the moment, I'm just read the light novels, which is currently at 14 translated in English with the 15th one coming out in a day or two. For reference, the anime is around the beginning to the middle of volume 10.

I really recommend reading the light novels for both Danmachi and especially for Bookworm. The Bookworm anime is barely into part 2 (of 5... maybe more overall arcs), which is like LN 4 of 25+. And at the pace the anime is going, it'll never catch up to the light novels and see those animated in their entirety, despite there already being a season 3 announced.

It's definitely a slow build of a story, but it does escalate, and while the first couple seasons give the smallest hints of magic and fantasy and etc, it's most most definitely there and a big part of things in later parts of the story. Part 2 has 4 volumes, and Part 3 is currently on volume 3 as far as English translations. Part 3 has 5 volumes of story, part 4 has 9 lol, and part 5 currently has 4 novels out and is no where close to where the webnovel rough draft finishes

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    NotGreyheim, check out That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime if you want weak character getting progressively stronger stuff. Also next season So I'm a Spider, So What? starts which, while I was incredibly incredibly skeptical based on the premise, has actually been an awesome manga/LN to read too, so keep an eye out. That shit is the epitome of start out weak, get stronger and explore a bunch of new skills and abilities and RPG shit galore.

Those are the two isekai's that stand out most to me for that sort of style. Most others have the MC reincarnated and overpowered as fuck from the start and that's kind of lame I find. I'd recommend Ascendance of a Bookworm as it's a phenomenal isekai, but it has little to nothing to do with fighting monsters and getting stronger and etc etc lol
    Thanks for the recommendations! I started reading Reincarnated a while back, but got distracted after the first couple chapters and just haven't gotten around to picking it back up. I also loved Bookworm. I think I still have to finish the most recent season, as I remember it was still going the last time I checked it out.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The next season of Slime starts next cour too and shit gets real good. The end of the first season of the anime is kind of rushed so just keep that in mind if you end up watching it lol. The manga is about to release chapter 77 any day now and yeah, it's a great read too (on top of all the lightnovels, of which, you can find and read all 17 in english lol)

Edit: That being said, next season is going to be fucking phenomenal for anime. Slime, Attack on Titan, So I'm a Spider, Re:Zero, NON NON BIYORI!!!!, Log Horizon, Mushoku Tensei (another fun isekai, but more 'born overpowered' and less skills and ability growth and etc), on top of a bunch of other stuff too. I honestly can't remember having such a stacked season in recent memory

I'd make a new thread and whatnot, but we're still a month away, albeit I think Attack on Titan starts this week actually

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I watch so many anime that i constantly forget what is from manga, manwha, or light novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The names of characters would probably be the biggest giveaway on its language of origin, but I wouldn't say that's foolproof and at least requires a passing knowledge of one to weed out the other. Amateur me would say if you're seeing Parks, a fair bit of hyphenations, and hearing lots of 'ooo' sounds, it's probably Korean in origin. Background visuals can also help since Korean lettering tends to have a lot more circles/ovals/curves than Japanese. Actual media style source probably doesn't mean much, with LNs simply being the easiest to produce since all you have to do is barf text onto the screen. The popular LNs then go on to get the adaptations to other forms. It being the other way around is probably on the rare side.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    The next season of Slime starts next cour too and shit gets real good. The end of the first season of the anime is kind of rushed so just keep that in mind if you end up watching it lol. The manga is about to release chapter 77 any day now and yeah, it's a great read too (on top of all the lightnovels, of which, you can find and read all 17 in english lol)

Edit: That being said, next season is going to be fucking phenomenal for anime. Slime, Attack on Titan, So I'm a Spider, Re:Zero, NON NON BIYORI!!!!, Log Horizon, Mushoku Tensei (another fun isekai, but more 'born overpowered' and less skills and ability growth and etc), on top of a bunch of other stuff too. I honestly can't remember having such a stacked season in recent memory

I'd make a new thread and whatnot, but we're still a month away, albeit I think Attack on Titan starts this week actually
    Every season is stacked, there's so much coming out these days (and a lot of it isn't just bad, just boring and plain) but no one really talks about anything new or interesting. What's the next isekai, shonen or harem people will lose their minds about even though they're all the same lol.

Once attack on titan is over (manga and anime) things will go back to being very boring.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I do appreciate that for most of these new isekai the “gods” or what have you jump right into it about “yeah you died but here go to a fantasy world and heres some gifts” i mean theres only so many times i need batmans origin retold ya know.

There are pros and cons. Personally, I haven't really been content with any that does focus on the "starting from scratch" angle without any sort of cheat code because it still feels like they're forced to skip steps for "better" TV viewing.

Anyway, I'd say we haven't had a real successor to Bleach and Naruto relative to shounen entries. Most of the isekais have wound up one-and-done seasons, for whatever reason, but I'm not inclined to call the genre trash. Harem elements can be annoying if there aren't legitimate reasons for girls to fall for the MC, but I also don't automatically write a show off just because there's a lot of ecchi/fanservice.

Sadly, I also think past interactions here amongst various users have diminished potential of anime conversations, as well as the push for consolidated season threads.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wait there is more log horizon? I loved S1 of log horizon, but never watched s2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Major 2nd s2 was really good but you all knew I was going to say that anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just want more Made in Abyss...

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Anyway, I'd say we haven't had a real successor to Bleach and Naruto relative to shounen entries.
    In a world where Boku no Hero Academia exists... what?

For better or worse, they had their filler arcs and did occasionally give more screen time to side characters than main plot allowed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Haikyu makes me fucking tear up at the end of every god damn season fuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Haikyu makes me fucking tear up at the end of every god damn season fuck
    Lol, same. I mean I already read that part in the manga but I still had to hold back when watching. Screw the bad animation, I was still on the edge of my seat, was really waiting to see all the cool Hinata moments animated in this arc.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Last episode of Danmachi season 3 was top notch. Only had 1 complaint

Spoiler: show
    The Ottar and Asterius meeting at the start was too simple. I get why it was quickly passed over given what all happened in the episode, but in the LN, that moment is written from Asterius' POV. He's basically hellbent on finding Bell, his fated rival, and can think of nothing but finding and fighting him, but when he comes across Ottar, he's so overwhelmed by how strong Ottar is that for the first time in his however long Xenos life, he feels a sense of death and fear. It's great in the LN.

Shit was great. Really hope we get another season. This arc was good, the next one is even better

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Haikyu continues to be amazing. It should be illegal to not have more episodes.

Jujutsu Kaisen is getting really good

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

All these season finales were hitting hard. Whats a goos site to read these LN?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

thatnovelcorner.com is great to get whatever has been released officially in English. Anything fan translated you'll have to hunt down yourself, probably best on whatever series' subreddit

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Awesome thanks