+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Oh oops. Didn't realize there's a Fall thread lol. Posted about Jujutsu Kaisen in the Summer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Not sure if people here don't like it or it's actually being slept on, but Jujutsu Kaisen has been awesome so far. Definitely one of the best animes this year if you like Shounen stuff. The OST has been great too.

MAPPA has been tearing it up with the animation, so I can't wait to see what they do with AoT's final season.
    Might have to start reading it, but it seems pretty new still.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Jujutsu Kaizen is so dope. Animation is clean as fuck and the characters are actually multidimensional. Loving itnso far. Especially that infinity curse style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Jujutsu Kaisen and Akudama Drive both had 10/10 episodes this week. Movie tier storyboarding and fight animation in both. Really fantastic.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Jujutsu Kaisen and Akudama Drive both had 10/10 episodes this week. Movie tier storyboarding and fight animation in both. Really fantastic.
    I have Akudama Drive in my list so knowing this I’m going to binge it from the beginning tonight.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Reading this arc in the Danmachi lightnovels was great. But watching it animated has been just wonderful too!

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not a seasonal anime, but holy shit Promare’s animation is unbelievable

Akudama Drive reminds me of Donganronpa but way better (maybe just the art style). Either way, good shit.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't been closely watching Haikyuu this season (mainly cause having read the manga and it being finished, eh, I just don't really want to re-watch these parts of the story).

I'm struggling though. Was the show always this erratic in it's consistency in quality? This latest episode, the first half before the break, you'd have one cut that's animated really well, and then another right after connected to it that's so cheaply done that the change is jarring. Was the show always like this? Am I remembering the first 3 seasons wrong? It felt like the show was just consistently better before.

That being said, then you get the second half of the episode with Hinata's receive and the entire last few minutes are just beautifully done.

I just haven't seen a show like this where it's just so apparently clear where the animation budget is being spent. I mean, usually you'll have episodes where you're like, "okay, they dropped a ton of cash to make this episode look gorgeous", but this show, it's not a 'per episode' think, more then it is just like, specific cuts and small moments.

Haikyuu definitely took a hit in animation this season (To The Top part 1 and 2) unfortunately. The other 3 were great from what I remember too.

A quick search says the series director and chief animation director didn't come back for To The Top, so that could be why.

Then there was that one episode this season that was outsourced, and was straight up terrible.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    A quick search says the series director and chief animation director didn't come back for To The Top, so that could be why.
    Yeaaaah, that explains a lot. Thinking that it's not the same people in charge trying to recreate what the show used to be like makes a lot of sense

I ran out of Railgun and Railgun-adjacent anime to watch

Don't be me. Don't google characters. Not even the search results are safe.

That said
    Spoiler: show
    Holy fuck I just got a lot more interested in "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

It's better than the name lets on, but still has its tropey moments.

Yeah, I picked it up because I ran out of things to watch. Really bummed that I accidentally spoiled myself on that one point because it absolutely would have melted my brain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dungeon show was what caused my rant on harems earlier in the thread or the last thread whatever. Good show with a lot of potential that is dampened due to inane tropes that dominate the story.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled by it. I've just been on a kick of shows like Bofuri, and was looking for similar stuff. It's not so much an Isekai thing as it is a "Main character starting from nothing and getting progressively stronger over time (with fantasy vibes)" interest. Danmachi scratches that itch, but again not without its own flaws. Not really interested in SAO (because fuck SAO), and Re:Zero hurt me

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The Grace of the Gods one on hulu is sorta like that. Its not as serious as SAO or Shield Hero, but its a fun watch.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by mahler05 View Post
    The Grace of the Gods one on hulu is sorta like that. Its not as serious as SAO or Shield Hero, but its a fun watch.
    This is the most mellow as fuck isekai I've ever watched lol. I tried reading the light novels beyond where the anime currently is and man, it's just.... nothing happens lol. I enjoy watching it, but it just stays so chill the entire time.

Danmachi from the War Games arc and beyond has been a great read conversely. Before then it is a little exaggerated and tropey for sure, but that arc sets things off in a good direction. You got the save Haruhime arc which is followed by the Xenos stuff we're watching now. And following this you get this arc that spans 3 LN volumes and is just dope as fuck. And the english LN's are just about to start off the next arc that I'm quite hyped for

Spoiler: show
    Freya making her move on Bell.

But yeah, prior to the war games arc, it's all tropey harem shit. Since then though, that stuff, while still present to an extent, gets put on the back burner quite a bit

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

NotGreyheim, check out That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime if you want weak character getting progressively stronger stuff. Also next season So I'm a Spider, So What? starts which, while I was incredibly incredibly skeptical based on the premise, has actually been an awesome manga/LN to read too, so keep an eye out. That shit is the epitome of start out weak, get stronger and explore a bunch of new skills and abilities and RPG shit galore.

Those are the two isekai's that stand out most to me for that sort of style. Most others have the MC reincarnated and overpowered as fuck from the start and that's kind of lame I find. I'd recommend Ascendance of a Bookworm as it's a phenomenal isekai, but it has little to nothing to do with fighting monsters and getting stronger and etc etc lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fall 2020 Anime

Oh snap at that spoiler. I liked that they toned down the harem trope as well. I havent read the manga but now i feel like i need to.

Edit- i loved ascendance of a bookworm, i enjoy fighting, adventure , horror, fantasy , typical shonen etc but lately the lighthearted stuff has been nice to just zone out and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk