Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Damn. Was afraid of that.

And no, Kuro, unfortunately that one doesn't. It's still 60hz native.

I'm still looking and man this fake refresh rate shit is annoying. It's basically anti-blur software, from what i understand, but its effectiveness is.... ambiguous.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I *think* it's only the 49" Q80T that's 60hz, every other model should be 120

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Damn. Was afraid of that.

And no, Kuro, unfortunately that one doesn't. It's still 60hz native.

I'm still looking and man this fake refresh rate shit is annoying. It's basically anti-blur software, from what i understand, but its effectiveness is.... ambiguous.
    Just curious, but where does it say that? According to rtings, all the models except the 49" are 120hz

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Just curious, but where does it say that? According to rtings, all the models except the 49" are 120hz
    No. Samsung lists it as "MR 240" which is the "Motion Rate" which is their opinion of its effective refresh rate.

The screen itself is still just 60hz. https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/e6a0210d

isn't that some fucking bullshit?

No. Samsung lists it as "MR 240" which is the "Motion Rate" which is their opinion of its effective refresh rate.

The screen itself is still just 60hz. https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/e6a0210d

isn't that some fucking bullshit?
    Oh no, I'm aware of the "motion rate" and yeah, it's pretty shitty

But damn, you're right. It looks like the 50" came out at a later time? So, when rtings says "all but the 49 inch have 120hz," I guess it's because they never went back to include the 50" in their info, which is all I was going off of. But I did find it on Amazon and it also says 60hz

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Anyone buying or buy anything?
    I got a $16 128gb usb thumb drive on Amazon because I had a $10 prime-day only credit from a prior purchase (so it was only $6). Using it to throw my kids cartoon movies onto so I can free up space on my laptop.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    500-999. My dad is helping with the cost. He wants at least 1 TB and a screen no bigger than 15".
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tu...?skuId=6425894

Get this and plop in a 1TB HD, you'll still be easily under $1000

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone buying or buy anything?
    I got a HyperX Cloud Alpha that had a price error. $125, but the -$37 lightning deal applied twice so it was only $50.

I have a nice set of Grados, but I like having a true headset for ear comfort (big head) and mic convenience (Zalman clip on mic was always super frustrating).

I had the HyperX Cloud II before but after four years the sound in the right ear started going in and out. I could probably rewire and fix it if I sat down for day to fix the wiring, but I've been lazy and have been using a $10 Amazon headset since.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I got a $16 128gb usb thumb drive on Amazon because I had a $10 prime-day only credit from a prior purchase (so it was only $6). Using it to throw my kids cartoon movies onto so I can free up space on my laptop.
    Man you are close enough to the Microcenter in Tustin, you can get like a 1TB USB drive there for $10 lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Got my wife airpods pro for Hanukkah $50 off regular price, and she got me a roomba 692 for Christmas. $120 off regular price. Been eyeing up the automatic vacuums for awhile never had one before. Apartment with no pets so it should be good.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Got two bug zappers and a fountain for the bird bath as apparently there are actual mosquitoes in California

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Lenus View Post
    Got my wife airpods pro for Hanukkah $50 off regular price, and she got me a roomba 692 for Christmas. $120 off regular price. Been eyeing up the automatic vacuums for awhile never had one before. Apartment with no pets so it should be good.
    I was debating the 114.99 air pods but I have the awesome sony ones my wife got me as a gift. They fall out when I workout or do anything strenuous though. Not sure how she'd feel about me having another pair just for working out and using hers for everything else.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm looking out for a27in monitor to upgrade to this year. I didn't see any decent sales out for them yet. Maybe black Friday will look decent since Amazon didn't provide anything nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was debating the 114.99 air pods but I have the awesome sony ones my wife got me as a gift. They fall out when I workout or do anything strenuous though. Not sure how she'd feel about me having another pair just for working out and using hers for everything else.
    Are you talking about the WF-1000XM3? (god Sony's naming scheme for headphones is shit)

You can always look into getting different tips for them, way cheaper then buying a set of airpods. I bought some slightly larger comply tips and I haven't had an issue since.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081QSLTW6..._5x3HFb9DG8WC5

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure how good of a deal this really is, I feel so outta the loop on TVs anymore, but Best Buy has a Vizio OLED55-H1, 4k, UHD, 55" OLED for $899.99, down from $1,399.99, if you have a free Best Buy member account. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-5...?skuId=6416810. You can only see the price if signed in.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's a really really fucking good TV at that price.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/oled-2020

Seems like image retention is more of an issue then with LG Oleds but otherwise it's money. Compared to LG OLEDs I wouldn't buy it at full retail but for 900 bucks that's great

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Speaking of OLED, the CX55 twice has been down as low as 1397 on amazon, so don't be surprised at another sale on it possibly for Christmas. I just bought one and it's a damn good tv

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

so i know it's not a good brand, and the specs are not what i'd been looking for, but the price point seems hard to pass up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-55-Cl...XTY0&sharedid=

$148.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

however i just noticed the stand is like 2 inches too wide to fit on the furniture they need to fit on. damn. maybe i can find a pole stand that will work

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The Roku TVs are great, for what they are. I dearly love my LG OLED in the main room but it's hard to argue with the price point on these Rokus.

however i just noticed the stand is like 2 inches too wide to fit on the furniture they need to fit on. damn. maybe i can find a pole stand that will work
    VESA wall mount? Unless your furniture is free standing in the middle of a larger room it's the way to go. Bonus points since you can easily hide the cables behind the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    The Roku TVs are great, for what they are. I dearly love my LG OLED in the main room but it's hard to argue with the price point on these Rokus.

VESA wall mount? Unless your furniture is free standing in the middle of a larger room it's the way to go. Bonus points since you can easily hide the cables behind the wall.
    Roku TVs are good but be careful of TCL android TVs. Huge vulnerability shit with them right now. They were hosting their entire fucking file system over http....