• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Chris Paul to the Suns for Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...00003564494856

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

well then

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's an insane haul for CP3.

Presti really is a fucking wizard.

BG Level

that 2022 first rounder is brutal, unnecessary for a 35 year old with an injury history on a bad contract. Oubre hurts but we weren't gonna be able to pay him anyways and Bridges/Cam slot in better around Ayton + Booker. but to be honest CP3 ain't that much better than Rubio at this point.

but i get it, gotta make Booker happy and hit the playoffs this year or bust. feel like you could grabbed Gallo or something if that's the plan, but at least you're not mortgaging any of the future for the CP3 rental (besides the pick) and winning attracts talent. hopefully sign someone solid this year or next.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm not an NBA person but that trade seems lopsided

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

CP3 will work wonders for your offensive chemistry. Rubio isn’t a fire starter in the same way. I’d say he’s clearly multiple tiers better than Rubio lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    CP3 will work wonders for your offensive chemistry. Rubio isn’t a fire starter in the same way. I’d say he’s clearly multiple tiers better than Rubio lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah cmon AG you're trippin. CP3 and Rubio weren't in the same universe last season. How quickly he ages is a different question...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

i doubt you guys watched many Suns games last year but Rubio was absolutely a fire-starter, and is clearly the better passer and playmaker at this point in their careers (3rd in the league in assists baybeee). all the advanced stats showed our offense absolutely collapsing when he was out and being elite when he was in, by the numbers Rubio-helmed units had some of the best five-man net ratings in the league. his run and gun style also fits a lot better with a fast-paced Suns offense than CP3's very slow, pound the rock nature.

also think Paul was p lucky to wind up in a spot where he could take a lot of plays off as Schroder and Shai led the offense, and while Booker is capable of that i think his efficiency and the like is going to suffer as he's asked to do more at both ends.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i doubt you guys watched many Suns games last year but Rubio was absolutely a fire-starter, and is clearly the better passer and playmaker at this point in their careers (3rd in the league in assists baybeee). all the advanced stats showed our offense absolutely collapsing when he was out and being elite when he was in, by the numbers one of the best if not the best in the league. his run and gun style also fits a lot better with a fast-paced Suns offense than CP3's very slow, pound the rock nature.

Paul was also p lucky to wind up in a spot where he could take a lot of plays off as Schroder and Shai led the offense, and while Booker is capable of that i think his efficiency and the like is going to suffer as he's asked to do more at both ends.
    https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/stat...08056355565569

BG Level

that said, Paul is the better player. he manages the game better than Ricky and is a much more efficient two point scorer (they were identical from 3 last year). but the gap isn't as big as people think, Rubio had a stellar season last year and Paul is an aging 35 year old with an injury history. think the success in OKC has a lot of people overrating him.

lo siento mucho cielito

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i doubt you guys watched many Suns games last year but Rubio was absolutely a fire-starter, and is clearly the better passer and playmaker at this point in their careers (3rd in the league in assists baybeee). all the advanced stats showed our offense absolutely collapsing when he was out and being elite when he was in, by the numbers Rubio-helmed units had some of the best five-man net ratings in the league. his run and gun style also fits a lot better with a fast-paced Suns offense than CP3's very slow, pound the rock nature.

also think Paul was p lucky to wind up in a spot where he could take a lot of plays off as Schroder and Shai led the offense, and while Booker is capable of that i think his efficiency and the like is going to suffer as he's asked to do more at both ends.
    Fair enough, my limited view was based on the heaps of praise for CP3 from Zach Lowe and the like. But I obv can't speak to possible fit on the Suns

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

chris paul is also the type who can bring a lot to a team full of youngins

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

yeah I didn't watch too many Suns games and Rubio's stat line does look p good so I'll have to take your word for it. i just think CP3 will do more in big moments than Rubio did. but who knows how well he'll hold up next year

BG Level

it's gonna piss me off when we start winning next year and everyone credits Paul being so much better than Rubio while ignoring the bubble performance / all the injuries all year / Ayton being suspended for a third of the season / finally coming to our ideal lineup with Cam Johnson and Bridges as the wings.

had a solid squad just a whole lotta bad luck kept us (barely) out of the playoffs

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For most of the season the Suns starting 5 was the best in the NBA, but outside of that the entire roster was hot fucking garbage.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Paul Tier 2C vs. Rubio Tier 4B according to the chart on the first page

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    For most of the season the Suns starting 5 was the best in the NBA, but outside of that the entire roster was hot fucking garbage.
    ye that's partially why i don't see the Paul pickup as this monstrous improvement, the starting 5 can't play all that much better.

hopefully Saric and Payne continue to captain the bench tho and we got some help in the draft

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Rubio is 5 years younger but more injury prone.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Seeing Moss+Deejay in here but not the NFL threads =(

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Seeing Moss+Deejay in here but not the NFL threads =(
    <3 I can only handle one terrible NY team at a time and the Knicks are held closest to my heart