• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

well they signed Baynes which is a nice get but ye he don't replace Ibaka + Marc on his own.

like Gasol for LA but he's approaching washed. hopefully still has a couple good playoff runs in him.

GATTACA!

BG Level

It will hurt them next year (especially Ibaka who was awesome last year), but they're not aligned age-wise with the Siakam/OG/FVV core group moving forward

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ibaka to clips
    Does this mean more billboards in LA? Also is Ibaka going to celebrate by baking another beef penis pizza for Kawhi?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yes more billboards with beef penis pizza

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dario Saric returned to Phoenix for 3/27

Nice one for the Suns

BG Level

also grabbed E'Twaun Moore for peanuts

Paul - Payne
    Booker - Moore - Jevon
    Bridges - Crowder/Johnson
    Johnson/Crowder - Saric
    Ayton - Smith

looking pretty sexy could do some damage

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Brandon Ingram and Bam Adebayo both signed 5 year max extensions with their respective teams.

Kings declined to match Bogdan Boganovic's offer sheet, so he's off to the Hawks.

Marc Gasols deal with the Lakers is 2 years/5.3 mil, no team or player options.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Btw for those keeping track at home, Bam signing his max extension points heavily to Giannis reupping with the Bucks any day now. They share the same agent and it was always speculated that the Heat would delay giving Bam his extension to leave cap space open for Giannis in 2021

GATTACA!

BG Level

Happy the Kings didn't match and think it was a good sign that Hawks were able to attract some talent, even if I don't love the Gallo signing

I thought David Griffin had been killing it for Nola when he got there but I really don't get the Adams extension and Ingram max

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i think they're ok moves even if ingram hasn't really done a whole lot to be worthy of a max contract. you just wanna provide stability around zion and by the time he becomes a legitimate force, they'll still be around.

you also don't wanna risk sending the wrong message to zion. he's gonna get help, and a lot of it.

BG Level

Ingram also only just turned 23 and is good as fuck, having improved drastically every year. turned himself into a 39% 3-point shooter, 4+ assists a game as a burgeoning playmaker, solid man defender (though he was better there with LA) that should develop into a force on that end if he buys into a good defensive scheme.

he ain't worth a max today but he has gotten so much better year after year after a rough rookie campaign and a shitty situation in LA. there isn't as much daylight between him and a Jayson Tatum as people pretend.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Ball
    Bledsoe
    Ingram
    Nutty Professor
    Adams

kinda lit ngl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

needs more shooting but that is one big aggressive physical lineup

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really really don't understand the part about extending Adams with how much his presence will jam the paint when he's on the floor with Zion

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Ingram also only just turned 23 and is good as fuck, having improved drastically every year. turned himself into a 39% 3-point shooter, 4+ assists a game as a burgeoning playmaker, solid man defender (though he was better there with LA) that should develop into a force on that end if he buys into a good defensive scheme.

he ain't worth a max today but he has gotten so much better year after year after a rough rookie campaign and a shitty situation in LA. there isn't as much daylight between him and a Jayson Tatum as people pretend.
    From what I've read and heard, advanced statistics don't look at him nearly as kindly as the traditional stats (ppg/assist)

But they probably didnt have much choice aside from paying him and it bothers me way less than the Adams extension. Some of these Center contracts are ridiculous. 8m for Miles Plumlee? Wtf?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Ball
    Bledsoe
    Ingram
    Nutty Professor
    Adams

kinda lit ngl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's like Magic of recent years - tons of length and defense and iffy shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I really really don't understand the part about extending Adams with how much his presence will jam the paint when he's on the floor with Zion
    This. All of their moves should be based on how well the player fits with Zion and Adams doesn't make any sense

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Zion, while being a force of nature, is still a weird fit. he needs a rim protector/screener/defensive rebounder next to him as he doesn't do any of that particularly well. but as you say when neither of them can shoot a lick, not great, not great. it's gonna prove difficult to find the right big running mate with him.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Zion, while being a force of nature, is still a weird fit. he needs a rim protector/screener/defensive rebounder next to him as he doesn't do any of that particularly well. but as you say when neither of them can shoot a lick, not great, not great. it's gonna prove difficult to find the right big running mate with him.
    I think ideally they find a stretch 4 that can do those things and put Zion at the 5.

I think Adams's skill-set is more easily found in 5s across the league, even if they don't do those things at quite the same level as Adams

I don't see the necessity to extend Adams before seeing how Zion improves and how well the two fit on the court

BG Level

ye i don't love the extension either but i dunno about Zion at the 5. he really is a miserable rim protector and with his lack of height i dunno if he'll ever be all that good at it.

an Ibaka type prolly would be the best fit and you just stash Zion on the big seeing the least action.

GATTACA!

BG Level

If anyone cares about the intricacies of the Gallo contract:

Per the athletic, only $5m of the third year of his deal is guaranteed. Makes it much much palatable to me and hopefully tradable