Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF in Vana'diel     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WTF in Vana'diel

Thefoxdanger and I started a new XI podcast recently, and are finally at the point of announcing it in case anyone is interested. We recently just had Funkworkz of BG on as well as last night the episode with Ruaumoko to discuss the topic of FFXI lore.

Here is the episode, but it is also currently on Spotify: https://wtfinvanadiel.podbean.com/e/...adiel-is-lore/

Additionally, we have it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB3Od7-zcRc

Any suggestions for future topics or comments are welcome.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The lockdowns have me burning through streaming shows and podcasts, I'll check it out.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    The lockdowns have me burning through streaming shows and podcasts, I'll check it out.
    Kewl, lemme know what you think.

Bard episode with Funkworkz is coming this weekend. Funk was determined to make it an informative verbal guide rather than an informative discussion

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do a strictly nostalgia-themed episode, and only talk about old times.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Do a strictly nostalgia-themed episode, and only talk about old times.
    Lol, the dark ages. Nostalgia is the only thing good about 75.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Subscribed. Thank you for the cool show.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by chardero View Post
    Subscribed. Thank you for the cool show.
    NP, and Fox and I are glad to hear that anyone else likes what we are putting out. Frankly, we are just having fun with discussing a mutual topic. So if that works for others as it works for us, then all the better.

We have started getting emails, comments on YouTube, members to the Discord posting things, and in the case of certain players "found in the frozen isle"— calls to my phone. So, anyone is free to provide any feedback here on the BG forums as well.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

While I could certainly think of a few episodes to run through. I would like to hear if anyone has any topics which they would really like tackled.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Episode 8 is out with a discussion on the META. It is all downhill from here.

We would really like feedback on this and things in general. Especially this though, as it is a really broad subject of some real importance.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Martel came on for the latest episode about Paladin Dragoon. Which ended up being a lot longer than any other one before since we all got into it.

Curious what people think about it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do an episode about "what could/should be done" in order to "fix" the "broken" jobs.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do an episode about "what could/should be done" in order to "fix" the "broken" jobs.
    Think we toyed awhile ago with the idea of removing the damage cap on MBs, but not removing the nuke wall. However, what is broken besides BLM? The rest like SCH just need a little more oomph.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, "more oomph" instead of "broken" could be a better way to describe it, I guess.

Most dual wield jobs, really. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to build a Subtle Blow for THF in order to be "accepted" more often in low-man content. BLU I think is in a bad place (I could be biased; I just really want longer buff durations). NIN similarly. While I do have SCH geared for "endgame" (as well as WHM, BLM, and RDM, for comparison), I don't see it being much useful for anything besides making skillchains for certain content. Sure, it's versatile, and I guess will take the nuking role because nobody likes to bring BLM to anything, if nuking is needed (almost never, depending on how your group does content). Regen V alone can't carry it (or at least shouldn't), and the Animus spells/Adloquium are very unimpressive. Helices are meh; storms are dope though. It does fine in small groups, but loses a lot of light in larger ones.

BTW, as long as you only have one, BLM does fine in a lot of content, surprisingly enough. Problem is convincing the group to take it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ninja's niches seem to come up frequently in ambuscade from what I glance over

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, "more oomph" instead of "broken" could be a better way to describe it, I guess.

Most dual wield jobs, really. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to build a Subtle Blow for THF in order to be "accepted" more often in low-man content. BLU I think is in a bad place (I could be biased; I just really want longer buff durations). NIN similarly. While I do have SCH geared for "endgame" (as well as WHM, BLM, and RDM, for comparison), I don't see it being much useful for anything besides making skillchains for certain content. Sure, it's versatile, and I guess will take the nuking role because nobody likes to bring BLM to anything, if nuking is needed (almost never, depending on how your group does content). Regen V alone can't carry it (or at least shouldn't), and the Animus spells/Adloquium are very unimpressive. Helices are meh; storms are dope though. It does fine in small groups, but loses a lot of light in larger ones.

BTW, as long as you only have one, BLM does fine in a lot of content, surprisingly enough. Problem is convincing the group to take it.
    Establishing what "fine" means would go aways with this topic.

Also, unless the strategy hinges up TP moves not going off (Sealed Fate, etc). No job needs to have a SB set in order to be accepted, and even if that were true it certainly has only come about recently.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Draylo came on for the latest episode about BLU. After a month and a half of trying to schedule it. I was starting to think he was just too busy being better than anyone else on BG to come on.

BG Level

really enjoying the podcast.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    really enjoying the podcast.
    Glad to read that you are.

Does anything stand out to you?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Glad to read that you are.

Does anything stand out to you?
    i left the game after abyssea finished, came back briefly with SoA, then back last year when shit had REALLY changed, and now we're back playing again so i have big knowledge gaps of how we got where we are sometimes. It's nice when you guys have a topic, you give background on how we got here. may not be for everyone (if you played through this whole beast), but i like it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    i left the game after abyssea finished, came back briefly with SoA, then back last year when shit had REALLY changed, and now we're back playing again so i have big knowledge gaps of how we got where we are sometimes. It's nice when you guys have a topic, you give background on how we got here. may not be for everyone (if you played through this whole beast), but i like it.
    Kewl, I will keep that in mind. We sort of just end up doing that, but don't consciously factor it in to our approach.