FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Christ, rampage plus subsistence igneous hammer is NUTS. I don't think I've ever farmed kills that hard before.

Of course there was a transmog and shader catch.

Lul Bungie.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50272

Three new NF weapons next season (so this is the last week to farm a palindrome for a bit).
    Discussion about Transmog.
    Defeat enemies to earn Synthstrand.
    Spend Synthstrand on bounties to earn Synthcord.
    Convert Synthcord at the Loom in the Tower into Synthweave.
    Use Synthweave to convert an unlocked armor appearance (Legendary quality or lower) from Collections into a Universal Armor Ornament.
    Players may earn up to ten Synthweave per class, per Season. Except in Season of [REDACTED]...

To celebrate the introduction of Armor Synthesis, in Season of [REDACTED], players may earn ten additional Synthweave per class through the introductory experience. In total, during Season of [REDACTED] players may earn up to 20 Synthweave per class, which can either be used to convert four full sets to ornaments, or 20 specific items.
    There will also be a few exceptions at launch for Year-1 Armor Ornaments due to technical constraints, but we are currently working on solutions for a future Season.
    Additionally, all base armor appearances from 2018 and 2019 Solstice of Heroes events will be available for Armor Synthesis. However, due to an issue where 2018 and 2019 glows cannot be socketed alongside armor appearances in the new Guardian Appearance system, the glows will not be supported. Solstice 2020 armor glows were developed with the Guardian Appearance system in mind, and players will retain the white armor glow if it was earned during the event. Subclass based glows will continue to function on their Universal Ornaments as well.
    Starting next Season, all unlocked shaders will be visible on the Guardian Appearance screen when hovering over the shader bucket. Players may apply shaders for 500 Glimmer per armor piece. Additionally, we’ve added the often requested “apply all” button for shaders, which will cost 2500 Glimmer total.
    New prime rewards.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shaders from Eververse going from 40 to 300 dust is some extreme bullshit

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yeah I don't really follow the logic there, even as consumables you still only had to buy one to add to your collection, that hasn't fundamentally changed. Knew transmog would be limited/timegated in some manner but 2 sets per normal season when there are dozens of sets is pretty fucking stingy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Yeah I don't really follow the logic there, even as consumables you still only had to buy one to add to your collection, that hasn't fundamentally changed. Knew transmog would be limited/timegated in some manner but 2 sets per normal season when there are dozens of sets is pretty fucking stingy.
    And when they add AT LEAST 1 set per season (Season Pass)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At 2 per season I think someone mathed out that you could unlock them all for free in about 550 years, assuming no new sets are ever added.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    And when they add AT LEAST 1 set per season (Season Pass)
    Not to mention when they add new Iron Banner/Trials/Gambit/Vanguard/Crucible/Raid/Dungeon gear occasionally as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Speaking of raid gear.. another week with no mention of VoG's release date. I'm honestly wondering if it is not coming as close to the start of the season as we're all expecting.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh no, gonna cry about cosmetics.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The shaders going from 40 to 300 did actually get me to send a "yo wtf" text to a friend there.

The hard caps on unlocking the ornaments I actually kind of respect the hustle cause that's gonna make them so much bank off the whales

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If they had made the shader change back when shaders became unlockables, it'd be understandable. But now it feels like they realized how much money they lost because of that change and are trying to recoup some of it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I think they should replace a few of the shittier season pass rewards with a few synthweaves, that way there are more 'earnable' ones per season/incentivizes the pass purchase more.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Oh no, gonna cry about cosmetics.
    Cosmetics the real endgame son

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Destiny is the FFXIV of shooters. I say this jokingly but the similarities are becoming increasingly apparent.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Destiny is the FFXIV of shooters. I say this jokingly but the similarities are becoming increasingly apparent.
    I play for stats, fun and a tiny amount of skill. Fashion is whatever as longs I'm not looking like a jester.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

For the most part, I'm pretty indifferent. Do people really change their appearances that much that they need to be able to convert every armor piece into an ornament? I have a PvE and PvP set for every character and change the appearance of them, at most, once a year (unless there's a really good ornament or as a gag). As long as we're able to preview the look before creating ornaments, it's probably not that big a deal.

But on other hand, why do they have to be so restrictive about it, why make it such a stupid grind, and why are there three currencies to use the system??

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd like the choice, Diablo 3 handled it well even though 90% of the sets were ugly AF. When it comes to appearance, sometimes its just nice to swap shit up from time to time. I did it all the time in GW2 when I played in terms of Dye swapping anyway, and in FFXI when they added the Transmog system there (/lockstyle), I had like 10~ of the 100 or whatever given Item Sets dedicated to just /lockstyle appearances I loved and I would change up every so often.

I don't think Armor in D2 stands out enough TBH, I find most of it hideous as fuck, so I'd probably be stretching to say I could think of 2-3 sets I'd find not an eyesore...