Closed Thread
Page 75 of 151 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
    preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I like how they are calling it a bug..
    What would you call something in software that you attempt to fix but stays broken?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'd call it an exploit.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I wouldn't call it sci-fi.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I wouldn't call it sci-fi.
    But is it Syfy?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I'd call it an exploit.
    Right and what would you call an attempted fix for an exploit that fails to fix said exploit?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't at its core an Exploit be a Bug and calling it an exploit is just what people do to/with it? If everytime I log in, I get a free exotic, that would be a bug, abusing that bug would be an exploit, no? Its really just coming down to semantics.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

And payment plans.

I am sad this is all I could find for an Agent Clappers crossover.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Wouldn't at its core an Exploit be a Bug and calling it an exploit is just what people do to/with it? If everytime I log in, I get a free exotic, that would be a bug, abusing that bug would be an exploit, no? Its really just coming down to semantics.
    The way I see it, its an exploit when its using a mechanic intended to exist as is, like in this case, the Rejoin feature. Leaving/Rejoining Trials is an intended mechanic and not a bug, its there incase you disconnect or if you want to bail, where as the exploit of it is using this to get flawless without kills.

I think there'd be an argument to be had that rejoining on a different Class on the same account however, is a bug, because I doubt very much was an intended feature, just an oversight.

So on one hand, exploit, on other hand, bug, my guess is they fix the bug part (Rejoining on a different Character), which will kill the Exploit itself.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Right and what would you call an attempted fix for an exploit that fails to fix said exploit?
    I'd call it a failure. No sprinkles for Bungie, sprinkles are for winners.

But yeah, using an intended mechanic in an unexpected way for some advantage is more exploit than bug to me.

If Trials report can see these stats, so can Bungie. They should do the same thing they did back in Y2 when people cheated in comp and make it so they can't use those rewards and can't access the playlist (can't remember if it was at the start of Y2 with people who cheated for Redrix or during Y2 for other comp weapons).

Gambit is so beyond fucked right now.

Rubberbanding enemies galore, can't pick up motes, endless invasions. Straight up garbage.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since Chosen started I haven't had a huge issue with rubber banding enemies or picking up motes (on either Xbox or steam).

Aeon gloves generating endless heavy ammo and Celestial Fisthawk on the other hand, has completely broken how the mode functions. Constant invasions is definitely part of the Aeon equation with how fast motes can be generated via an endless supply of heavy ammo to melt everything in sight.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This is to say nothing of Ballistic Missile

Bungie needs to just realize they have to separate how gear works in all modes of the game. Perks needs to be totally separated out to PVP only Gambit only and PVE only. I know they have pat themselves on the back for making a cohesive gameplay experiece but its bullshit. Any power fantasy they try to impletment will always be nerfed to the ground. I know they have been separating more and more recently with the statis nerfs but it needs to be on everything. This will allow for more control over all game modes and allow them to push each mode in the direction that its needed. Especially pvp.

Also their netcode needs a revamp, I find it amazing that after all this time if I win a melee fight is still up to rng. For any pvp mode to be taken seriously in this game they need to seriously address all non player variables that can decide an encoutner.

I love this game but the things that really needed adressing over so many years have been just ignored.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For any pvp mode to be taken seriously in this game
    LMAOOOOOOOO

LMAOOOOOOOO
    Yes exactly

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes exactly
    Destiny 2 PVP should never be taken seriously, and anyone that demands it be taken seriously (even if it were close to perfectly balanced) should be laughed at. If you want a game where competitive should be taken seriously, it will never be Destiny. Imagine every subclass is a unique character, now imagine every combination of subclasses with exotics that changes how you play are also unique characters and maybe you'll start to get an idea. Go play CS, R6 or even Overwatch.

Destiny 2 PVP should never be taken seriously, and anyone that demands it be taken seriously (even if it were close to perfectly balanced) should be laughed at. If you want a game where competitive should be taken seriously, it will never be Destiny. Imagine every subclass is a unique character, now imagine every combination of subclasses with exotics that changes how you play are also unique characters and maybe you'll start to get an idea. Go play CS, R6 or even Overwatch.
    But I read that if it wasnt for PVP destiny would be dead.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But I read that if it wasnt for PVP destiny would be dead.
    This can both be true while also understanding that the pvp components of the game are absolutely awful from a proper competitive standpoint