Closed Thread
Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Emphasis View Post
    I recall a thread years back where somebody asked how can they put their experience as an HNM linkshell leader down on a resume. I really wonder how that worked out.
    Having worked in management the skills are pretty transferrable.

In an interview situation, if someone brought that up in conjunction with other experience as an answer to the appropriate question (e.g. "tell us about a unique experience outside of work that qualifies you for this role") they'd rise to the top for me and a few other folks I've worked with.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    honestly i wonder how many of us even game at all these days, let alone gaming hard

i mean i think about the unbelievable amount of time we spent doing things like camping nm's and merit parties and all that, and i just can't even fathom that shit in my current day to day
    I don't game as much as I'd like to, and while RL is a factor, it's more like there aren't enough games coming out these days that I'd actually like. The persistent creep of monetization and "you don't actually own what you paid for so it can all vanish overnight" sucks a lot out of things, too.

I agree the high level endgame experience actually takes skill and counts for something in regards to real life. Although I suppose it would heavily depend on how it's described and spoken about when put down on a resume and such for the experience to not be dismissed as video game pettiness.

I have definitely appreciated FFXI more when looking back and seeing all kinds of lessons it could teach.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    if im gonna kill myself im doing it the way god intended: jerking off while driving my car
    LMAO

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Great chat about our neolib presidential term everyone

Anyway

https://twitter.com/Crimealytics/sta...GMrj3RqIw&s=19

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Gred, I have a secret hope in my heart that I've harbored for many years, and it is to one day design a game that will restore meaning to your life.

I've read that Superman story many times, and the "sometimes you just save one person" panel is the one that always stuck with me, rather than the "one more good day."

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Gred, I have a secret hope in my heart that I've harbored for many years, and it is to one day design a game that will restore meaning to your life.
    God speed, but you have to get fabulously wealthy at something else first to bank roll a game like this. The problem is that the type of content I want is not the type of content most people want because most exclusivity hurts most people. This isn't profitable design; even with the worst developer whose only goal is to monetize whales, you always want a period of mass appeal to build the largest theoretical base of whales to trap in the skinner box. Building games like they used to be built, with end game that has designed for hierarchy and exclusion, just doesn't work in an age of video games made for the general audience rather than a niche.

I've come to accept that the closest thing to what I want would be a classic relaunch of an older game... which means they will always be temporary. These games all inevitably "aged" out of having HNM style content because sandboxes went away for instances after WoW... precisely for the reasons above. I only got a year out of Aion Classic before they progressed the game past the point where world spawns were important.

It would need to be classic of something like FFXI or Everquest or Ultima, before WoW existed.

I've read that Superman story many times, and the "sometimes you just save one person" panel is the one that always stuck with me, rather than the "one more good day."
    Because you're reading it from Superman's perspective; your struggle is with failure and trying to find meaning in failing to reach the standard. I've always read it from Felicity's perspective, having lost sight of what the meaning is supposed to be to begin with.

BG Level

i read it from the perspective of the sexist cop

BG Level

women, mirite

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Bitch shut the fuck up and get back to work. Ain't nobody spend all this time and money on raising yo ass for you to off yourself cause you don't find enjoyment in the little things. Be productive to the world, pay it back for all the giving it did to you (with interest), and we'll meet you at the pearly white gates at old age.

Fucking well off educated dickwad bitching cause he can't camp HNM the same anymore...gtfo with that nonsense...go camp the local homeless shelter for volunteer hours if you can't be bothered to play Diablo 4 like the rest of us

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

diablo has always sucked

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Bitch shut the fuck up and get back to work. Ain't nobody spend all this time and money on raising yo ass for you to off yourself cause you don't find enjoyment in the little things. Be productive to the world, pay it back for all the giving it did to you (with interest), and we'll meet you at the pearly white gates at old age.

Fucking well off educated dickwad bitching cause he can't camp HNM the same anymore...gtfo with that nonsense...go camp the local homeless shelter for volunteer hours if you can't be bothered to play Diablo 4 like the rest of us

Ah yes, this thread was missing the "just man up" BS to counterbalance Milkster's dumb takes.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Ah yes, this thread was missing the "just man up" BS to counterbalance Milkster's dumb takes.
    It wasn't sexist until this, and now exodia is complete.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean
    “Just man up” seems like a valid response to “im sads cuz i cant assert dominance in Dragons Aery woe is me ;;”, when King s havent been a thing for well over a decade.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gred knows it's coming from love

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe in util as an ethical framework but I believe egoism is an inescapable ontological condition. The people who are best off are the ones who are correctly conditioned to derive pleasure from altruism and the success of others.

I'm unfortunately not one of them.

At some point there will be no point sticking around, and I'll check out early (and take Mizuki Ito to hell with me). But right now there's still the hope of some game that will provide the dopamine I can't get outside of MMO world spawns.

Or I'll get rich enough to just medicate myself to oblivion 24/7 like a permanent Brave New World soma trip

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm still trying to figure out where the win is in this debt ceiling approach. Interest is back on, forgiveness is not likely to go through, and payments resume in 2 months as planned.

Where was the victory?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No global financial collapse

and they didn't make Biden sign an official EO saying he was a poopypants to avoid it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The baffling part to me is how it got through the house without a Republican revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out where the win is in this debt ceiling approach. Interest is back on, forgiveness is not likely to go through, and payments resume in 2 months as planned.

Where was the victory?
    The victory was the friends we made along the way

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag