+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Don't think we'll ever see Bear again

Word is that he posted a sex video of him and Georgia on his OnlyFans, which she says was recorded without her consent

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Well, that wasn't quite a preview and wasn't quite an actual episode. It was kind of half and half, but it was nice that they at least gave introductions to the newbies and some of the people who hadn't been around in a while.

Some stray observations:

I hope it's an act and the guy plays circles around these fools, but oh boy, Nam has no idea how this works. Had to be told that they go into the duels and the loser is eliminated from the show.

Off the top of my head, this is the first season they cast someone named Amber, and they have two rookies. Will one or both be targeted because people don't want to say "Amber B" and "Amber M"?

Leroy said this will be his last season. He's been on 12 of the past 16 seasons which really surprised me, but that is kind of frontloaded when there was a large static cast and several people more in need of a break than him. More recently he'd been taking a season off every couple seasons, like they need to do with EVERYBODY.

In terms of strategy talk, not a whole lot besides just some questions of who is with whom plus talking about TYB w/ BB. Thanks for the laugh to whomever from the BB group claimed they were playing chess while Cory/Nelson are playing checkers. I'm fine with them giving those two crap, but let's not act like those 4 have a good track record as masterminds here.

The sooner Nicole is out, the better.

I really really hope that they give them cool/themed challenges and not just whatever twists they throw in that will probably be flops.

Josh was so close to giving a speech! When he started screaming "We need a cheers!" I was so excited. CT mumbling 3 words was lame.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Don't think we'll ever see Bear again
    I never thought much of Bear to begin with, so it won't hurt my feelings much if we don't see him again. Georgia's been doing some very-close-to-nude shots on her Onlyfans, but regardless - doing anything without their consent is awful (assuming this is true, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Josh was so close to giving a speech! When he started screaming "We need a cheers!" I was so excited. CT mumbling 3 words was lame.
    I've only watched the first half of the Declassified episode, but if that's all the "toast" is, I'll give 5 points to CT, but it's not what I was expecting for the full 15 points. Maybe we'll see something more tomorrow.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I never thought much of Bear to begin with, so it won't hurt my feelings much if we don't see him again. Georgia's been doing some very-close-to-nude shots on her Onlyfans, but regardless - doing anything without their consent is awful (assuming this is true, of course).

I've only watched the first half of the Declassified episode, but if that's all the "toast" is, I'll give 5 points to CT, but it's not what I was expecting for the full 15 points. Maybe we'll see something more tomorrow.
    I thought he was an interesting and entertaining character, mostly because he gave zero fucks

But you could always tell he was a sleazebag and this is a few big steps past that so I don't see it as a huge loss either

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

He was entertaining in the fact he gave zero fucks. He was also frustrating because he gave zero fucks.

Him releasing a sex tape without Georgia’s consent is scumbag shit.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa
    He was entertaining in the fact he gave zero fucks. He was also frustrating because he gave zero fucks.
    I felt that way his first season - reality TV gold for one season. His second season, I was meh on him and didn't miss him at all last season when he wasn't on. This is actually the first time I've thought about him in a while; I've never thought "Man, I wish Bear was on this season. Big missed casting opportunity."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First five minutes of the episode:

Lolo looks like she belongs to a different species.

BG Level

DONT MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH ANEESA FESSY!

BG Level

Rip

BG Level

Fessy's dumb as hell. Your boy is lucky to have her!

Voting/nomination format gets a thumbs up for me right now.

BG Level

I’d throw in Wes/Natalie or Lolo/Nam right here.

BG Level

Literally everybody except Wes/Natalie voted CT/Ashley. That wouldn't be a bad move.

Oh crap! Amazing! #1 and #2 draft picks in 1st elimination lmao.

BG Level

Yo wassup Natalie lol? Aren’t you a cross fit coach? This is basically a cross fit work out.

BG Level

Really fun first episode. I’ll hold my opinion on the partner swap twist. Feels like it’s going to make the secret votes irrelevant real quick. Having said that, hope Natalie gets as far away from Wes as possible lol.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow, that was a great first episode.

If you guys ever wondered if I checked Challenge spoilers before the draft, I think we eliminated that possibility. And here I thought Christian McCaffrey was going to be my worst overall #1 pick this year.

My notes from the show:
    Spoiler: show
    Ok, that was a snappy intro.
    A little New Order (or remix thereof) is always fun.
    First contestant seen is Cory, does that mean anything?
    Cory also gets the first confessional and a great dig at Josh.
    I go back and forth between finding Kam hot and annoying.
    This is an interesting competition.
    Surprised Lolo didn't grab the canister and sprint even further.
    Fessy's family is always giving me everything … like your Dad's jacket you appear to be wearing.
    Wes getting hit with a shoe is going to be the shot of the season.
    CT is getting some serious bags under his eyes.
    This challenge would have been better if they didn't have to get a judge to check, but they could
    push a button and fuse would go off if it were right.
    I like this picking your partner idea.
    How the hell was Lolo standing around and not amongst the first one picked? Lolo and Nam is a dangerous team.
    Gabby early CC leader.
    "I think you've got a really good partner, even though he's asleep right now…"
    Joseph seems like the early contender for "What are you doing here?" Rooke of the Year Award.
    So instead of showing Ridiculousness episodes 24/7, they're going to add "Deliciousness." Great.
    Tiffani Amber Thiessen now looks like she hosts a show about food. Trivia: she is exactly 365 days older than I am.
    All 30 contestants sitting around a semicircled couch is a little awkward.
    Ashley and CT were my first two picks. Would be hilarious if they both go home this episode.
    This is the coolest elimination arena ever.
    Wow, that's a big move. Great first episode so far.
    Natalie also with a little cleavage. But not enough to cover Gabby's two outfits.
    I would have rather seen a coin flip to determine gender elimination here, and flip back and forth.
    #1 vs #2 overall draft pick in the first elimination. We be geniuses, yo.
    Natalie's going to win this, I'm pretty sure.
    "I am bound from my wrists and my ankles, which sometimes I like that …" --- Ashley
    Interesting twist.
    We have seen 150 minutes of show between episode 0 and 1 with no make out points.

After one episode, standings:
    Xno Kappa 55 6
    Headspace 50 6
    Vil 45 6
    Moss 30 6
    Byrd 30 5

Contestant Scores:
    Aneesa 20
    Natalie 20
    Fessy 15
    Gabby 15
    Kam 10
    Wes 10
    CT 10
    Amber B 5
    Amber M 5
    Big T 5
    Cory 5
    Darrell 5
    Devin 5
    Jay 5
    Joseph 5
    Josh 5
    Kaycee 5
    Kyle 5
    Leroy 5
    Lio 5
    Liv 5
    Lolo 5
    Mechie 5
    Nam 5
    Nany 5
    Nelson 5
    Nicole 5
    Theresa 5
    Tori 5
    Ashley 0 - #1 overall draft pick

Scoring Notes:

Aneesa wins challenge (10)
    Wes commish points for getting a shoe in the face (5)
    Fessy wins challenge (10)
    Kam and Aneesa crying while bonding (5)
    Gabby crying (5)
    Natalie wins elimination (15)
    Gabby wins CC Award (5)
    CT gets partial toast points from Monday's show (5)

Feel free to double check my spreadsheet for errors, the first week is always the most likely to have mistakes since I had to re-do the spreadsheet.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Really fun first episode. I’ll hold my opinion on the partner swap twist. Feels like it’s going to make the secret votes irrelevant real quick. Having said that, hope Natalie gets as far away from Wes as possible lol.
    Agree with all of this

I think I would prefer 2v2 eliminations bc I prefer when people can control their own fate to some extent. CT and Wes just had to sit and watch

I can't imagine what happens to the unpicked partner bc they showed CT and Wes in the teaser for the rest of the season

Overall I liked about 99% of the decisions by production so great start to the season. Strong cast too

Random thoughts:

The Smiths in a challenge episode! What an upgrade from the crap they had a few seasons ago and prior

I'm going to stan the Lolo/Nam team so hard. Nam talking to Wes in Episode 0 made it sound like he has no idea wtf is going on lol. Also love that he barely speaks English

Agree that Joseph seems totally out of place on the show but thought it was hilarious when he so matter-of-factly called out CT like "you seem scared and nervous bro." Lio seems like an interesting character too. Cory and Nelson were cracking up about them standing up to CT

This has to be the most photogenic challenge location they've had. The set up for the elimination is really cool too

BG Level

CT is getting some serious bags under his eyes.
    This challenge would have been better if they didn't have to get a judge to check, but they could
    push a button and fuse would go off if it were right.
    I like this pickg your partner idea.
    CT looked like a 60 year old man from the eyes up. That's a really cool hat! It looks like he finally actually lost some weight before a challenge though.

Hitting a button that is 10-15 feet away would have made sense. "Ok, that's right. You're allowed to hit your button now and let a little smoke shoot out."

Springing it on them that way was great. Future seasons, they'll be lining up pairs on their way to the house/pre-game, but we'll always have this scramble which ended up great.

I have such mixed feelings about Kam. On the one hand, her "I'm Killa Kam" pitch to CT only to just have him turn and walk away without saying anything was perfect, but I'm also "Yes! Get him!" when she was wasting no time in wanting to send his team in. I'll allow about two more episodes of playing the butthurt card though which could get annoying fast. Doesn't matter who did it, the line in the sand has been drawn.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by /u/rhoran280 on Reddit
    we're gonna see some people voting themselves in if they have a bad partner and they know its the other person's elimination night. insane
    I didn't even think of this, but they're absolutely right. Someone this season is going to vote themselves in for sure. Maybe as soon as Big T next week.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I didn't even think of this, but they're absolutely right. Someone this season is going to vote themselves in for sure. Maybe as soon as Big T next week.
    I actually think Joseph could be decent. He seems friendly and charismatic enough, as long as he can pull his weight in the challenges then I think he can hold his own socially

Or he could also sleep all the time and not make any relationships but that could be a one-off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast