+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Or he could also sleep all the time and not make any relationships but that could be a one-off
    He could turn up the heat, sure. Right now I think I think he's in the running for the Jennifer Lee Memorial "Why the Fuck Are You Here?" Award.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    He could turn up the heat, sure. Right now I think I think he's in the running for the Jennifer Lee Memorial "Why the Fuck Are You Here?" Award.
    Lol I think that also applies to Nam who may or may not be aware he is currently on a reality show. But I fucking love Nam already

Wes: "yeah and if you lose in the elimination round you have to go home! A flight back to Germany!"
    Nam: "whoa no way!"

(This actually happened)
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol I think that also applies to Nam who may or may not be aware he is currently on a reality show. But I fucking love Nam already
    Nam is awesome. There's something about this big, buff-as-hell Asian dude speaking in a thick German accent that is very endearing.

Also, side note - the Wiki gets updated on east coast time. If you go to the page to get a list of contestants to make your scoring spreadsheet at, say, 7pm Pacific (an hour before the premiere), it's already updated with the first eliminated player. Not that many (any?) of you guys care, but I found in annoying. I'll just have to remind myself to not wait until the very last second to make the spreadsheet next season.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I hope neither he nor Lolo get stolen from each other what a perfect team

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I’m surprised nobody really approached Lolo as a partner.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I’m surprised nobody really approached Lolo as a partner.
    Right? Like she's a little unhinged but so is everyone else, and we know she is a physical freak

BG Level

Was she even really actively trying to pair up? It's possible that some may have just assumed she was taken and/or wouldn't pick them. It's easy to say that at least someone's got to shoot their shot, but if you spend too much time and she goes another direction, then do you cost yourself any good alternatives? A lot of the stronger vets just paired up immediately and/or had an agenda anyway.

At the end of the day, there were 3 people whose inability to pair easily was notable to me. Her, Darrell, and Nelson. Lolo and Darrell kind of similar situations. Potentially Elite at one part of this, and a lot of uncertainty when it comes to non-competition portions of this. Nelson's got one of the best elimination records and plenty of friends in the house. If you've got math/puzzles covered, he's potentially a great partner.

GATTACA!

BG Level

What did you guys think of CT snubbing Kam?

I don't think she's the best ever but I'd much rather be paired with her over Ashley. At the time Kam was offering herself to CT (lol), it seemed like a great option since there were so many much worse alternatives around and you don't know who you'll be stuck with

Really a brilliant move by producers to do it schoolyard style. Simple but creates tons of drama and much more entertaining than a randomized draft, which isn't very fair

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What did you guys think of CT snubbing Kam?
    I thought it was a curious decision on his part, as well. Who was his first choice? Kam's certain a solid choice, I guess maybe he wanted Natalie or Lolo? Maybe he just doesn't like her on a personal level. Or maybe he didn't want a partner who would he would always be second priority behind Leroy.

Her argument wasn't very good either, and possibly might do more harm than good.

BG Level

Ashley is a better partner in challenges, that's about it. She's a far better swimmer, but the rest I'd say is close enough to a push. Ashley and CT have worked together in the past too.

Kam brings half the house with her. CT could sit in the corner and snarl all season when he's not sleeping, and play the "it's not my call" card.

At the end of the day, I can see where he might want to run a final with Ashley, but she's more likely to cause potential hiccups along the way. The last partner season ended with an individual final though. Looking back after the fact, with them doing individual eliminations, then they are probably doing an individual final or re-pairing if need be.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Not to mention Ashley has fucked over season-long partners for the money at the end, lol

Ashley is a MUCH more volatile personality

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Hey now, don't you dare besmirch Love Island, unless you're talking about the US version. I only watched a couple episodes of season 4 and not far enough to when he showed up, which seemed to be the good call to just jump ahead to 5. 2, 3, and 5 are like the consensus best in some order.
    Watching Season 3 now and I take back what I said before. I had only seen the back half of season 4, and S3 is so much better it's like a different show

Bonus is that Gabby is on S3, looking about 100x better (imo) before her fake boobs and fake lips. Theo just joined the cast as well so looking forward to his presence.

BG Level

Devin: "I can't understand a word my partner says"

Thankfully, I don't think they have her speak for the show.

Nany first correctly claims that they don't complement each other, later says they play opposite games. Nany plays exactly the same game that Kyle plays, and it's a gift to the editors that they both are trying to plan to get new partners at the same time.

BG Level

A 2nd episode where a rookie who is in way over his head gets eliminated has no right to be as wild as that was. Especially since it started with a "gang up on opponents" challenge.

Lots of bad gameplay, but lots of interesting play too. That's all I ask for. That and my little dose of Lolo & Nam.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This season is off to a resounding start. And still no coitus points!

My notes for the week:
    Spoiler: show
    I just noticed what Lolo was wearing last week during voting.
    I suppose people could earn points after they are eliminated with the "Previously On…" speech.
    Joseph looks to be not long for this world. At least Big T figured out his name.
    Nam is Turbo 2.0.
    Leroy's "Ehhh…allright" when he founds out it is a water challenge is hilarious.
    Scuba Nellie? Yeah, I don't think so.
    Did Nicole just say that ice doesn't float?
    This seems dangerous. That water has to be cold.
    Good guy Fessy helping Mechie in the middle of the challenge while it is still going.
    This is both a fascinating and a poorly designed challenge.
    Aneesa with some very impressive confessional cleavage.
    What is on Jospeh's back? Implanted studs? Welts?
    Gabby is wearing a weird ring dress thing over her sternum that is kind of cleavage but not really
    I swear I saw Diem and Pauly D in that club scene montage.
    Lolo potentially finding love on the challenge would be something I did not see coming.
    Jesus Christ, if Nam and Lolo had babies, just give them whatever gold medal they want now.
    Kyle looks really good that sweater & jacket combo.
    Deliciousness…after all new episodes of Ridiculousness.
    And before episodes of Ridiculousness … which are before epsiodes of Ridiculousness.
    And the preceeding episode of Rediculousness is also following an episode of Ridiculousness.
    …ridiculous.
    Gabby's earrings also double as hula hoops for Big T.
    Kyle's going to get caught up in this lie at some point.
    This looks like a ring pull game. This seems like an obvious Fessy game. Why didn't he go down?
    Big T still getting his name wrong. Awesome.
    Does the winner here pick a new partner? Yes if Joseph, no if Kyle.
    Joseph looks a little crazy while TJ is talking about the rules.
    WTF with the mustard?
    Kyle's going to win this, and I don't think it's going to be close.
    Joseph did better than expected first round.
    Going to give 5 points to anyone who chooses to pick partners.
    Nany thinks Josh is an upgrade from Kyle? Weird.
    CT & Big T. That team has some great alliteration.
    I love that they ended the episode after an elimination and once everyone had partners. No cliffhanger here.

Standings After Episode 2:
    Xno Kappa 90 6
    Vil 85 6
    Byrd 85 5
    Headspace 80 6
    Moss 65 5

Scoring Notes:
    Tori gave the "Previously On" intro (5)
    Fessy helping Mechie during challenge while he is still in it (5 commish points)
    Mechie gets medical on camera (5)
    Aneesa and Fessy win challenge (10) in a weird way.
    OK, Joseph the mustard is weird enough I'm giving you commish points for WTF (5)
    Kyle wins elimination (15)
    Kyle pukes on camera (5)
    Kyle switchers partners (5)

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Aneesa 35 VIL GAME
    Kyle 35 BYRD GAME
    Fessy 30 XNO GAME
    Natalie 25 HEAD GAME
    Gabby 20 XNO GAME
    CT 15 BYRD GAME
    Kam 15 HEAD GAME
    Mechie 15 BYRD GAME
    Tori 15 MOSS GAME
    Wes 15 XNO GAME
    Amber B 10 XNO GAME
    Amber M 10 HEAD GAME
    Big T 10 VIL GAME
    Cory 10 MOSS GAME
    Darrell 10 HEAD GAME
    Devin 10 XNO GAME
    Jay 10 MOSS GAME
    Joseph 10 MOSS HOME
    Josh 10 HEAD GAME
    Kaycee 10 MOSS GAME
    Leroy 10 VIL GAME
    Lio 10 BYRD GAME
    Liv 10 HEAD GAME
    Lolo 10 VIL GAME
    Nam 10 MOSS GAME
    Nany 10 VIL GAME
    Nelson 10 VIL GAME
    Nicole 10 XNO GAME
    Theresa 10 BYRD GAME
    Ashley 0 BYRD HOME

Later notes:
    I was right that Joseph just wasn't the right fit for the game. He wins the "Greeting Earthlings" award for just not belonging on the Challenge.
    I forgot to award Aneesa the CCA on this week's spreadsheet, I will edit it into next week's.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Devin: "I can't understand a word my partner says"

Thankfully, I don't think they have her speak for the show.

Nany first correctly claims that they don't complement each other, later says they play opposite games. Nany plays exactly the same game that Kyle plays, and it's a gift to the editors that they both are trying to plan to get new partners at the same time.
    I was so annoyed by that. Nany is shit and always coasts to the end. Meanwhile, Kyle has proved himself since the first effing season as a tough competitor who NEVER gives up. She's really complaining that she wants to upgrade?
    This season is off to a resounding start. And still no coitus points!

My notes for the week:
    I just noticed what Lolo was wearing last week during voting.
    I suppose people could earn points after they are eliminated with the "Previously On…" speech.
    Joseph looks to be not long for this world. At least Big T figured out his name.
    Nam is Turbo 2.0.
    Leroy's "Ehhh…allright" when he founds out it is a water challenge is hilarious.
    Scuba Nellie? Yeah, I don't think so.
    Did Nicole just say that ice doesn't float?
    This seems dangerous. That water has to be cold.
    Good guy Fessy helping Mechie in the middle of the challenge while it is still going.
    This is both a fascinating and a poorly designed challenge.
    Aneesa with some very impressive confessional cleavage.
    What is on Jospeh's back? Implanted studs? Welts?
    Gabby is wearing a weird ring dress thing over her sternum that is kind of cleavage but not really
    I swear I saw Diem and Pauly D in that club scene montage.
    Lolo potentially finding love on the challenge would be something I did not see coming.
    Jesus Christ, if Nam and Lolo had babies, just give them whatever gold medal they want now.
    Deliciousness…after all new episodes of Ridiculousness.
    And before episodes of Ridiculousness … which are before epsiodes of Ridiculousness.
    And the preceeding episode of Rediculousness is also following an episode of Ridiculousness.
    …ridiculous.
    Gabby's earrings also double as hula hoops for Big T.
    Kyle's going to get caught up in this lie at some point.
    This looks like a ring pull game. This seems like an obvious Fessy game. Why didn't he go down?
    Big T still getting his name wrong. Awesome.
    Does the winner here pick a new partner? Yes if Joseph, no if Kyle.
    Joseph looks a little crazy while TJ is talking about the rules.
    WTF with the mustard?
    Kyle's going to win this, and I don't think it's going to be close.
    Joseph did better than expected first round.
    Going to give 5 points to anyone who chooses to pick partners.
    Nany thinks Josh is an upgrade from Kyle? Weird.
    CT & Big T. That team has some great alliteration.
    I love that they ended the episode after an elimination and once everyone had partners. No cliffhanger here.

Standings After Episode 2:
    Xno Kappa906
    Vil856
    Byrd855
    Headspace806
    Moss655

Scoring Notes:
    Tori gave the "Previously On" intro (5)
    Fessy helping Mechie during challenge while he is still in it (5 commish points)
    Mechie gets medical on camera (5)
    Aneesa and Fessy win challenge (10) in a weird way.
    OK, Joseph the mustard is weird enough I'm giving you commish points for WTF (5)
    Kyle wins elimination (15)
    Kyle pukes on camera (5)
    Kyle switchers partners (5)

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Aneesa35VILGAME
    Kyle35BYRDGAME
    Fessy30XNOGAME
    Natalie25HEADGAME
    Gabby20XNOGAME
    CT15BYRDGAME
    Kam15HEADGAME
    Mechie15BYRDGAME
    Tori15MOSSGAME
    Wes15XNOGAME
    Amber B10XNOGAME
    Amber M10HEADGAME
    Big T10VILGAME
    Cory10MOSSGAME
    Darrell10HEADGAME
    Devin10XNOGAME
    Jay10MOSSGAME
    Joseph10MOSSHOME
    Josh10HEADGAME
    Kaycee10MOSSGAME
    Leroy10VILGAME
    Lio10BYRDGAME
    Liv10HEADGAME
    Lolo10VILGAME
    Nam10MOSSGAME
    Nany10VILGAME
    Nelson10VILGAME
    Nicole10XNOGAME
    Theresa10BYRDGAME
    Ashley0BYRDHOME

Later notes:
    I was right that Joseph just wasn't the right fit for the game. He wins the "Greeting Earthlings" award for just not belonging on the Challenge.
    I forgot to award Aneesa the CCA on this week's spreadsheet, I will edit it into next week's.
    Nicole: Pulled the classic "say I'm joking to save face" move

My guy Joseph was in over his head. I love players that don't cow to the veterans, but he played it poorly. He'd have been better off waiting to see if Wes was voted in, then ask Fessy to pick him privately. Even with the gaffes it still wasn't a terrible play - he had a chance for a gold skill in a winnable matchup. He just didn't have the heart and pain tolerance to beat Kyle

Fessy is starting to become grating for me. He thinks he is just tooooo fucking cool and unstoppable as a competitor. Fortunately I don't think most of the girls are his biggest fans except for Gabby. Kyle calling him out HARD as a pussy after the elim win was soooo satisfying

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fessy is starting to become grating for me. He thinks he is just tooooo fucking cool and unstoppable as a competitor. Fortunately I don't think most of the girls are his biggest fans except for Gabby. Kyle calling him out HARD as a pussy after the elim win was soooo satisfying
    I really don't understand why he didn't choose to go down to the Crater. There was a ring in the middle of the arena, it was obvious what it was, which is exactly the type of game that he could beat Joseph at 100% of the time. I don't get that at all.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I really don't understand why he didn't choose to go down to the Crater. There was a ring in the middle of the arena, it was obvious what it was, which is exactly the type of game that he could beat Joseph at 100% of the time. I don't get that at all.
    Yeah I don't get it either. Even if the game wasn't purely physical, are you really that scared of Joseph?

Like, are you waiting for the crater to have a barbell and a sign that says "deadlift competition"?

Also worth noting again that all of the settings for this season are really fucking cool and picturesque, including the crater

BG Level

It's funny to me that it seems to be the theme this season. Kyle is killing it though. Some others, not so much. CT looks like he's heading to his own funeral.

Nany is shit and always coasts to the end. Meanwhile, Kyle has proved himself since the first effing season as a tough competitor who NEVER gives up.
    Eh, Kyle still plays a similar game, albeit as more of a snake. Low risk, try to stay there til late and then survey the landscape and hope it's not too late. He's got an extra gear when it comes to eliminations, whereas she fares better as a partner/teammate in the daily challenges. As much as people want to hate on her for myriad reasons, her partners/teammates in those daily challenges always seem to almost always be complimentary of her.

On a more general Kyle note, I think he's really underscored this week, and I don't know if it's a case where Byrd just would have felt weird giving himself bonus points. I think we really undervalue alliance/strategic play though that's often less quantifiable than the other things, like "Did you puke, yes/no?" etc. 5 points for choosing to pick a new partner after winning an elimination, fair game. I really thought that was a 10 or 15 point play for him, rather than just 5 though. People are bound to want to change partners for a variety of reasons:
    -Don't like their partner
    -Have a weak partner/want to trade up
    -Realizing now that it's an individual game for elimination, so their initial pairing may not be the best.

Dude just took a shot to drive a wedge in the entire game and gets default points like he got handed the win like Aneesa/Fessy. To me, Kyle's partner swap was basically a "you killed it". I don't know if it'll pan out, but at least for the night and the hilarious panic it caused, it was more notable than any play that was made in at least the previous two seasons.

Also, I can't wait til TJ inevitably springs a "Oh, you thought this was a guys (or girls) elimination? This is a double elimination" and people panic because they had just picked the matchup hoping to keep someone and get them a new partner. Hopefully messing with the order too so they can't just sit back and be all "it's a female elimination this round, we don't have to worry".

GATTACA!

BG Level

On the topic of scoring, I'm fine with getting rid of "episode intro" points

I was the one to get them this week for Tori so obv not complaining and not a big deal either way. I just don't know that it deserves any reward

Also could see boosting "partner" switch points to 10

Vil you're totally right, they're gonna pull that double elimination at some point.

Part of me wishes they were all team eliminations

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast