+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I don't get them picking Tori for that at all. Has she even been on this season as a featured speaker at all? She's not a nonentity like Liv or the Ambers, but I don't remember anything meaningful other than like spouting the "this is crazy" type confessional that could have been given to anybody.

You'd think that it would be Natalie, Aneesa, or Fessy... or even Kam, CT, or Wes. Hell, even someone kind of random, but a funny choice like Big T messing up names would have fit more.

They'd been only giving that to people that were critical to the prior episode on reason years if not the outright episode MVPs. The past several seasons got away from the "oh, just have Bananas or Cara do every single one, because they're our favorite vets".

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Episode was awesome. Season starting off great. Nicole safe-facing over the ice water comment had me dying lmao. Devin's description of her was so damn accurate.

Fessy had the exact elimination he wanted and still didn't go in. It was blatantly obvious what kind of challenge it was. Kyle was right in calling him out. I like the guy, he seems to be the first partner Aneesa's ever had that actually seems to respect her, but that was a bitch move right there. You can tell TJ was visibly annoyed by it.

Kyle's partner swap was an awesome move. It basically brings him into Kam's alliance without pissing her or Josh off since he instantly had the option to pair up with his former partner and good friend Nany. Increasing numbers for everyone involved.

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

Also, I hate to make this a racial thing but I can't stand how MTV constantly brings in these goober ass black dudes as rookies who clearly have no business being there. Meanwhile they have no problem finding the Joss' and Rogan's of the world to dominate.

Not saying it’s intentional, but it’s getting harder and harder to believe they can’t find another Darrell type guy out there.

BG Level

Not saying it’s intentional, but it’s getting harder and harder to believe they can’t find another Darrell type guy out there.
    It's a shame that we can't see what Theo may have been able to do with more of a run. Maybe he would have just constantly been targeted early, but he was one of the great all-around casting choices that they actually managed when they started grabbing randos from all over.

Some cannon fodder is fine, but you also need to bring in a couple worthwhile people who can also entertain to justify this global search to pick people for this show.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Episode was awesome. Season starting off great. Nicole safe-facing over the ice water comment had me dying lmao. Devin's description of her was so damn accurate.

Fessy had the exact elimination he wanted and still didn't go in. It was blatantly obvious what kind of challenge it was. Kyle was right in calling him out. I like the guy, he seems to be the first partner Aneesa's ever had that actually seems to respect her, but that was a bitch move right there. You can tell TJ was visibly annoyed by it.

Kyle's partner swap was an awesome move. It basically brings him into Kam's alliance without pissing her or Josh off since he instantly had the option to pair up with his former partner and good friend Nany. Increasing numbers for everyone involved.
    Eh... I think Fessy is only "respecting" her until she drags them down in a daily challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Also, I hate to make this a racial thing but I can't stand how MTV constantly brings in these goober ass black dudes as rookies who clearly have no business being there. Meanwhile they have no problem finding the Joss' and Rogan's of the world to dominate.

Lol you don't think Mechie is going to show out? I feel you though. They should bring Theo back

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Not sure if you were aware, but Theo's only got one good eye now. Took a champagne cork to the eye.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Mechie is going to show out? I feel you though. They should bring Theo back
    Or Lio, maybe? Yeah, I'd be interested to see Theo come back. More interested now than I was prior to his accident, to be honest. I'd be curious to see how he would be able to cope with that.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Not sure if you were aware, but Theo's only got one good eye now. Took a champagne cork to the eye.
    Forgot about that - very likely a liability issue for MTV. But they could sell it just like they did Jordan's hand

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Two random older seasons on Netflix

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another fantastic episode.

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    Just watched Season 2 Mandalorian finale. Still coming off that high.
    I do think Fessy really screwed up last week.
    Fessy dropped that huge piece of information he didn't have to drop. Why did he show his hand?
    Fessy is just not a good player. Hell of a physical specimen, but rocks in the head.
    We are English and Whatever Nicole Speaks. LOL
    Is this King of the Mountain on top of a moving truck? Fucking awesome.
    Oh that's right, Cory is on Teen Mom.
    Why is there a Time Out in this challenge? WTF?
    Nany holding up on Natalie better than expected.
    Is this a tournament?
    Darrell vs Lio …. Oooh.
    Are we going to get multiple dislocated shoulders in the same challenge?
    I feel like there should have been padding on top of that truck.
    CT vs Fessy should be great. Aneesa vs Big T probably not so much.
    Nicole gone - that sucks for her. I don't root for her, but I don't root for people to leave due to injury.
    If a merc or replacement comes in (that isn't Ashley or Joseph, Xno can pick them up)
    Liv some nice confessional cleavage.
    We haven't seen Jay hardly at all this season.
    "I really don't want to get involved," Josh says as he goes out of his way to get involved.
    Josh is just really not emotionally fit for this game. He reminds of Brandon Hantz on Survivor.
    It feels like it is only a matter of time before he gets himself or someone else hurt.
    10 points to the editors for playing Whitney Houston's "I get so emotional, baby!"
    Nam is so robotic, it's great.
    What's going on with Liv's arm? Wasn't she getting more info today?
    Prediction: Wes wins this.
    I don't know that Devin taking Tori as a partner is a good idea. She might actually tank dailies to get him out.

Scoring This Week:
    Aneesa won the Ep 2 CCA, I forgot to award it. (5)
    Previously on The Challenge, CT in Big T's wig (5 for CT)
    Liv gets production and camera AND an ambulance extraction (10+5)
    Nicole got production and camera and ambulance extraction (10+5)
    Leroy and Kaycee win challenge (10)
    CT and Josh yelling at each other (5)
    Josh got security on camera because he is Josh (5)
    Josh tried to punch a hole through the wall (10)
    Devin had production on camera because he was antagonizing Josh (5)
    Devin wins elimination (15)
    Tori crying because Devin took her as a partner (5)
    Liv won CCA (5)

Standings:
    Headspace 150 6
    Xno Kappa 145 4
    Vil 130 6
    Moss 115 5
    Byrd 110 5

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Aneesa 45 VIL
    Kyle 40 BYRD
    Devin 35 XNO
    Fessy 35 XNO
    Josh 35 HEAD
    Liv 35 HEAD
    Natalie 30 HEAD
    Cory 25 MOSS
    Gabby 25 XNO
    Kaycee 25 MOSS
    Leroy 25 VIL
    Nicole 25 XNO
    Tori 25 MOSS
    CT 20 BYRD
    Kam 20 HEAD
    Mechie 20 BYRD
    Amber B 15 XNO
    Amber M 15 HEAD
    Big T 15 VIL
    Darrell 15 HEAD
    Jay 15 MOSS
    Lio 15 BYRD
    Lolo 15 VIL
    Nam 15 MOSS
    Nany 15 VIL
    Nelson 15 VIL
    Theresa 15 BYRD
    Wes 15 XNO
    Joseph 10 MOSS
    Ashley 0 BYRD

We have still seen exactly zero kissing, coitus or romance points this season through three episodes. That has to be some kind of record.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Agree Fessy is a lunk. I realize Kyle was still riding the high of his elimination win but continuing to antagonize Fessy doesn't help him

I'm normally a Josh defender but god he was dumb in this episode and way too easy to troll

Not really impressed with the daily challenges yet this season. The glacier thing was purely political and this one was too simple and hard to win unless you had a mismatch.

Wes really annoyed me this episode. Getting all righteous over Leroy picking him was bullshit - Leroy's logic made perfect sense. Really hated his shitty preachy soapbox speech at the end too

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

If Fessy doesn’t win the season you can easily point to the moment where it all went downhill for him when he backed out of a blatantly physical challenge to get his skull. On top of that, he discloses the secret vote not being so secret because.....?

Fucking lame Nicole went out on an injury without the chance to seduce any of the girls. Hate to see injury exits.

I honestly don’t know anymore if Josh is a genuine mental midget, or is doing it all for camera time. Dude is terrible. I couldn’t help but wonder where was all that “I’ll fuck you up pussy” energy towards Devin when he was arguing with CT.

I agree as well, not a big fan of Devin choosing Tori as his partner. Yes it’s partner challenges but it’s still singles eliminations so Tori doesn’t really have that much incentive to keep you around if her alliance has her back.

Just an entirely brutal episode for me fantasy wise. Might be a wrap. Lost two players and a third who’s pretty much on death row. Hopefully Devin continues to troll Josh and earn me some more points that way before he’s gone.

BG Level

At the end of last week, I rewatched the previous episode and man, Fessy was getting a lot of negative attention and I think what was equally surprising is that none of his allies were balancing it out by talking him up/being really happy he was in power or all that. He has the tools to possibly brute force his way to the end and maybe a win, but he's not the kind of player right now to be able to hold that position he was in. He seems like a nice guy, but lacks the charisma and mental game (not necessarily calling him dumb, just using that as a blanket term to ability to scheme, manipulate, and keep his ground when someone puts him on the back foot.) to thrive in that spot the way some have been able to for a season or multiple seasons.

I'm not sure if I pointed this out last season, but whenever this guy talks about Big Brother and how it's like they're playing chess, not checkers, I think of this:

"Known for his showmance with Haleigh Broucher and being clueless, Fasyal was a member of the crumbling FOUTTE alliance, was blindsided and left out of nearly every vote, and never knew what was going on. Throughout the season he was attracted to Haleigh, and while Haleigh initially rejected his advances she eventually accepted and the two became a couple. He was often manipulated by his close ally JC Mounduix. After becoming the HoH in week 8, he was manipulated by JC into targeting his ally Scottie Salton. Scottie was evicted under his HoH. However, this was fatal as the following week both he and Haleigh were betrayed and nominated, and he was evicted in a 4-1 vote. He came in 9th place and became the third member of the jury."

That challenge was terrible, and I'm not talking about because of two injuries. It's just not a good challenge. But hey, give them a truck, because that's cooler!
    Is this a tournament?
    2/3 the way through it, I realized I had no idea how the win was determined. I think I figured it out just before they got to results. I said it before and I'll say it again. If you're going to have stupid challenges, at least have them themed. Give me codebreaking. Have something where people don't want to set off alarms, etc. This isn't that difficult, people. Quit doing terrible challenges that could be on any season. Same goes for eliminations, where there's no sense of innovation so far. Bland.

Those negatives aside plus two injuries, this season is off to a tremendous start.

Couple other thoughts:

The Whitney Houston song was pointed out already, but my next favorite thing about that was that they threw that instant flashback to Josh telling CT that she was crying, when Josh was backpedaling saying he never said that.

Wes's farewell, lmao. What a troll. He's too big for the game on some seasons in a way. After the WOTW reunion, I thought that was his last real chance to win a season. He'd really need the right format and cast to make a serious run, and even then he's just not what he once was in eliminations.

Big T's chat with CT felt like a scene out of Beauty and the Beast when the staff is trying to soften him up/make him over. But then, "Maybe you should smile more." [CT has a weird looking smile] "Ok, maybe not."

Finally, Devin. Has he been hurt that much by being out of the rotation on recent seasons? My expectation was that he'd fit in with the Young Bucks and associates and be an enemy of Wes, who would spend half his time crying in confessional about how "Devin just wants to be me". He's just going to try to cause chaos. That said, picking Tori was absolutely a petty move, not some power move. I don't even think Tori's in an alliance. If so, she's the least important person out of about 15 people in it. He brought up AYTO Second Chances and so far as I know, that's the first time it's ever been brought up on The Challenge. Not sure what seasons the two have been on, but I can't remember them interacting.

"Big Brother sucks!" There's no reason to get offended by that, especially when it's from someone who is just planning on being the house troll, especially when that person was from AYTO. Come on, bro. When the pitch is a foot outside the strike zone, you can let it fly by.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Judging from this tweet, there's no new episode this week?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Wtf that's annoying

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Wtf that's annoying
    I can't remember the last time they skipped a week. I would understand if it were New Year's Eve, maybe, but it's not.

Maybe they just are contractually obligated to Rob Drydek to run Ridiculousness 15,000 times a year and were coming up a bit short.

Bold prediction from Wes.

BG Level

Boooooo

GATTACA!

BG Level

Shout-out for the Challenge from Giannis

https://www.reddit.com/r/MtvChalleng...m_source=share

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So it looks like the long rumored OG Spinoff season may actually be happening. That could be fun.

BG Level

Why the fuck did Josh get so much screen time this episode? Holy shit the guy is beyond fucking annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast