+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like this asshole will never be on the show again. Good riddance.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I saw rumors of that a few months ago. Guess it’s been confirmed. What a douchebag.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I saw rumors of that a few months ago. Guess it’s been confirmed. What a douchebag.
    I was, at one point, looking forward to an Exes 3 with Georgia and Bear. No so much any more. Maybe Georgia and Bear's cousin could be on a Rivals season.

BG Level

I'm shocked by the actions of this known scumbag. Never would have expected such reprehensible actions.

Anyway, I figure MTV would have been done with him anyway. If they're going to do a half-assed job worrying about their image and the people that they put on their shows, there's zero reason to overpay and sign this guy to a new contract. In terms of the show itself, no loss there. Dude went past diminishing returns... decreasing returns? Bear was like some new offense/defense schemes in some sport. It's new, it's exciting, it's going to be controversial and make people wonder if it's even legal. But after a certain amount of time (in his case: one season), everybody's got the playbook on how to handle him.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I'm butthurt about Tori going home. She did play a sloppy game and seemed to think she could coast by. Credit to the rookie girls for teaming up and playing smart

Amber M is annoying. Not sure why she's getting all defensive - small people are targeted for physical challenges, dill with it.

I do think Tori got screwed in the elimination. There's no way aneesa could pull the basket over so easily and Tori to struggle so much unless the weight balls were distributed differently. I think it's more shitty playtesting... wouldve been more exciting to watch if aneesa didn't have a 10 minute headstart. But whatevs. Always a chance to go home if you get thrown in.

All things considered, Tori had a great chance to get a skull against someone very beatable but she failed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

Read somewhere that there was a huge altercation between Amber M and Liv which involved some kind of love triangle with Mechie. Apparently it left a lot of the house sour towards Amber M, thus the weird seemingly out of nowhere declaration by Devin a few episodes earlier how he didn’t trust/like her.

The whole situation was edited out in respect for Liv who also left the show due to pregnancy and also suffered a miscarriage.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Read somewhere that there was a huge altercation between Amber M and Liv which involved some kind of love triangle with Mechie. Apparently it left a lot of the house sour towards Amber M, thus the weird seemingly out of nowhere declaration by Devin a few episodes earlier how he didn’t trust/like her.

The whole situation was edited out in respect for Liv who also left the show due to pregnancy and also suffered a miscarriage.
    Lmao who knew Mechie had so much game?!

That does make the Devin situation make a lot more sense, seemed weird he was attacking her

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level

Thumbs up for supportive TJ, but man this season seems cursed with all these people leaving.

BG Level

Damn, TJ playing a dirty game with that fakeout.

The veteran teams in general are so beyond stupid with their votes. I was expecting Josh/Nany since Theresa and Jay have had individual issues with them but I'd forgotten that Jay also gave Kyle the "Oh, I'd absolutely tell you in advance" early in the episode. Still, Kyle plays such a terrible game that it cracks me up. Episode 2, cackles about straight up lying about his vote, gets sent into elimination over it. Episode whatever, doesn't come through with his vote and then gets all pissy about someone not coming through with what they said.

One thing that's been fascinating and some have struggled to adjust to is the differing agendas. Some like Kyle/Kam have at least gone on without incident for several weeks now, but take this Theresa/Jay team. She's someone that probably just got a limited contract up front and may have no interest in doing more than however many seasons she signed up for. Jay probably would like to be a regular, but that was a real bad position for him to be in.

That daily challenge, lmao. "Aneesa, you want to overtake them?" "Nope." I am sure I'm giving her some benefit since she's on my team and would be at least irritated if I had Fessy instead, but she had a point. It's not like they need to win that. Are they targeted at all? Even if Cory is holding a grudge, he doesn't seem to be looking to make a move right now. Lolo/Nam looked like it was going to turn into Ninja/Turbo II. I wish more outside parties would comment on that team. It feels like a "she talks a lot, but is not communicating" situation.

It seems Darrell actually has a partner. Huh. Who knew?

Another reason that I'm glad that this season hasn't gone like most past seasons would - Mechie and Amber M would have very likely had early exits and I'm here ok with both of them being around in the future.

Did Fessy even wait for Tori to be out of the country til he moved on/moved back to setting his targets on Gabby?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    I think I say this every episode, but the music this season is great.
    I didn't realize Lio was married.
    Ashley no longer the lowest scoring player. Now it's Lio.
    TJ with a surprisingly positive message about quitters.
    Kam with the big CC lead.
    Somehow I am completely unable to pay attention when TJ explains the rules. Every damn week.
    Theresa: I don't know if I can do that. 30 seconds later: Theresa and Jay in first place.
    TJ is the judge at the first stop? That's a surprise. Figured he would just be at first and last.
    That is a tough puzzle. Very impressed at how Ashley solved it.
    I take back what I said last week. Aneesa has no chance of winning a final.
    Lolo has a strange almost crying voice.
    Are we finally going to have some hookup points this week?
    Theresa's face is much more angular than I recall from years ago.
    That’s is a great Our Lips are Sealed cover.
    I don't give Kissing points for casual kissing for people in a relationship (i.e. Kam & Leroy)
    That was an over the top fakeout there, TJ.
    This is actually a really cool elimination - a nice combination of strategy, skill and athleticism.

Scoring:
    Previously on the Challenge … is Big T's mean face (5)
    Lio quit the game for insufficient reasons (-25)
    Jay and Theresa won daily challenge (10)
    Kam wins elimination (15)
    Kam wins Confessional Cleavage Award (5)

Standings:
    Vil 275 5
    Headspace 245 4
    Xno Kappa 235 4
    Moss 190 4
    Byrd 190 4

Cumulative Contestant Scores:
    Aneesa 105 VIL GAME
    Fessy 80 XNO GAME
    CT 55 BYRD GAME
    Josh 55 HEAD GAME
    Kam 55 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 55 BYRD GAME
    Big T 50 VIL GAME
    Devin 50 XNO GAME
    Gabby 40 XNO GAME
    Jay 40 MOSS GAME
    Kaycee 40 MOSS GAME
    Leroy 40 VIL GAME
    Theresa 40 BYRD GAME
    Tori 40 MOSS HOME
    Amber M 35 HEAD GAME
    Liv 35 HEAD HOME
    Mechie 35 BYRD GAME
    Nany 35 VIL GAME
    Natalie 35 HEAD HOME
    Amber B 30 XNO GAME
    Cory 30 MOSS GAME
    Darrell 30 HEAD GAME
    Lolo 30 VIL GAME
    Nam 30 MOSS GAME
    Nicole 25 XNO HOME
    Nelson 15 VIL HOME
    Wes 15 XNO HOME
    Joseph 10 MOSS HOME
    Ashley 5 BYRD HOME
    Lio 0 BYRD HOME

GATTACA!

BG Level

Ashley is a serial offender of my "don't hate the player" rule. "Theresa just doesn't want to face either of us!" Yeah no shit, getting rid of strong players is the entire idea

I will say that the elimination setup has worked really well this year. The semi-anonymous voting puts people in a tricky position of voting like the double agents request or voting against them but risking that it puts a target on your own back

Decent daily. I would've preferred more "stations" and fewer jogging but I guess they have to save some ideas. I don't get why MTV just just throw a little cash prize on every daily to help incentivize effort

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I don't get why MTV just just throw a little cash prize on every daily to help incentivize effort
    This seems like a fairly simple solution. Put a $5,000 prize for first place every mission. What is that - $75,000 a season tops? That's a pittance in their budget. That should greatly reduce the amount of quit in contestants, although it likely won't eliminate it entirely. Aneesa and Fessy weren't going to try a lot harder in that last challenge, for instance, as they knew damn well they weren't winning.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    This seems like a fairly simple solution. Put a $5,000 prize for first place every mission. What is that - $75,000 a season tops? That's a pittance in their budget. That should greatly reduce the amount of quit in contestants, although it likely won't eliminate it entirely. Aneesa and Fessy weren't going to try a lot harder in that last challenge, for instance, as they knew damn well they weren't winning.
    Exactly. They need to bring back the sponsored prizes they'd have on every mission too

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Wasn’t a lot of the earlier seasons formatted this way? And that the only way you were able to collect was completing the final.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Wasn’t a lot of the earlier seasons formatted this way? And that the only way you were able to collect was completing the final.
    Yeah you'd have a team bank account and win $10k for each daily. So if you lost the final, you'd still split what the team had won in the dailies. Final would be worth another 100k or whatevs

I like having some prizes that are won purely off the daily. Especially for a grueling challenge like that 5 mile one.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unrelated: I think that Aneesa's performance on this daily will convince Fessy that he needs to go back into the Crater (or to send Aneesa in) to try to find a new partner prior to the final.

BG Level

I think that Fessy's performance on last season's finale may convince his hypothetical next partner to send him back in (or send herself in) to try to find a new partner prior to the final.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Some female crater winner will pick Fessy without him needing to go in. Surprised Kam didn’t

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Some female crater winner will pick Fessy without him needing to go in. Surprised Kam didn’t
    Same. Expected Kam to take him and think it was a bad play that she stuck with Kyle instead. Fessy has a much stronger alliance than Kyle even if he is a doofus. Maybe afraid to make any waves?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast