+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So the OG season is happening, everyone is in sequester in Texas but on their way to Argentina. Which really surprises me that they are going that far, I was expecting something state-side and about a week long, like Champs vs. Pros.

Full possible cast list here, although some are still likely alternates. Some are relatively recent, but there's a number of them that haven't been on the show in over a decade.

It will be very interesting to see some of those people come back after 10+ years. Apparently there's a guy named Teck who was on Real World Hawaii but hasn't participated since Challenge 2000 - will be 21 years since he was last on MTV.

We'll see as the season gets closer if it is worth doing a fantasy season for. If it's only 6-8 episodes like CvP or CvS, it is probably not worth it. If it's a full 12+ over a few months, I'm all in. Regardless, I am excited for this season, though. Seeing middle aged Beth and Katie on my TV is definitely something I'm interested in. And I can't wait to see Casey Cooper continue to be both awful and adorable. I am disappointed in no Coral, though. Also was hoping for the Miz, although I knew that wasn't going to happen. I would say maybe they could show up for one-shot cameos, but that seems very unlikely with COVID still going on.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

That cast is absolutely killer

Agree with your assessment - no fantasy if they treat it like a sideshow but hopefully they give it it's full deserved attention

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Agree with your assessment - no fantasy if they treat it like a sideshow but hopefully they give it it's full deserved attention
    I would love it if it were just Challenge 37: Old Guard or something like that.

Vevmo has photos of the cast, both from their original seasons and recent photos to see the before and after. I don't normally go to Vevmo, as there are spoilers abound once filming starts, but going during sequester seems safe.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

Wow Trishelle Cannatella and Ruthie lmao. Those are names I haven’t heard in a long ass time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe MTV is getting into the OG movement across the board, not just on the Challenge.

BG Level

Apparently there's a guy named Teck
    Teck Money is an MTV icon. How dare you.

I was lukewarm about this idea when seeing that potential list posted a bit back, but this looks a bit better now that some of the big recent omnipresent names are not there. Still setting my expectations a bit low, which is more to do with other reality shows recently bringing back people from the days of yore. The fact that they're doing this abroad and having TJ for it makes me expect a "full season" even if it's like 2/3 as much time as some of the ones are now. Hell, the last Champs vs. Stars was borderline just a "short season" in terms of the flow of the game, and even if some of those are just alternates, looks like a bigger cast here.

That Real World NY hopefully spends a considerable amount of time talking about the production/style of their series. When MTV ran an old school weekend or whatever back during the summer, it may have been the first time I'd seen the first season (I think I started watching with SF/London seasons) and I was like "this is the most 90s program ever".

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Teck Money is an MTV icon. How dare you.
    I never watched RW: Hawaii, and very little of the early seasons of the Challenge. I can't remember when I started watching religiously, sometime around Fresh Meat, I think. I only watched a few seasons of Real World, as well. San Francisco, Los Angeles, a little bit of London, Philadelphia, Austin, Denver, Atlanta. Maybe one or two more? I meant to watch Portland since I'm there all the time, but just didn't. I only watched Atlanta because it was on Facebook and I could watch it in the background at work.

BG Level

It's absolutely possible that I remember him more than I should, but I could swear the dude was like everywhere on MTV back in the early 2000s. I would have guessed he would have been on none because he was busy with other stuff or about 3 or so seasons, back when that was "a lot" but not quite "get a life" range.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's absolutely possible that I remember him more than I should, but I could swear the dude was like everywhere on MTV back in the early 2000s. I would have guessed he would have been on none because he was busy with other stuff or about 3 or so seasons, back when that was "a lot" but not quite "get a life" range.
    I showed my wife the cast and she yelled out TEK with a glee. So there’s definitely some people who remember him lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can't really say I'm surprised with anything that went down tonight. Jay and Theresa made their bed.
    TJ with a brutal evisceration of every guy except Cory resulted in a lot of negative scores this week. My total team score was -30, that's freakin' awesome.
    Leroy again showing that his skill at that elimination is just ludicrous. Jay might have been the second best guy in the house at that challenge (probably not, but maybe) but he was still a distant second to Leroy.

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show

Jay trying to do damage control. Good luck with that, dude.
    "I made a great game move!" Jay said, immediately after admitting that everyone in the house is mad at him.
    Theresa with a good point that a day in the Challenge House is like a year.
    Oh right, Darrell and Amber B are on this season. I totally forget about them.
    It's like King of the Mountain but while hanging from a helicopter. That could be amazing.
    I think next year I should give 5 points to heat winners and 10 to the challenge winner.
    Lolo second out? That is a surprise.
    Amber B trying to win is nice. Saw more of her today than the rest of the season combined.
    I like that they are dragging the cargo net bag through the water to make it harder.
    Single biggest point deduct in our scoring history. TJ telling the guys they Fucking Sucked.
    Aneesa with the cleavage.
    Devin is a master instigator.
    Wow, that's a twist. And some good incentive to try in the future. Wow.
    Didn't Leroy completely annhilate this exact challenge a few seasons ago?
    Makes sense that he goes in.

Scoring for the Week:
    Ashley with the post-mortem Previously on the Challenge points (5)
    ALL MEN made TJ disgusted except Cory (-20)
    Kaycee and Leroy won challenge (10)
    Fessy yelling (5)
    Fessy, Josh, Kyle get security on camera (5)
    Josh yelling, Kyle yelling (5)
    Josh physically pushes Devin (15)
    Leroy wins elimination (15)
    Jay crying because he lost (10)
    Aneesa cleavage award (5) - forgot to enter this before I sent the spreadsheet out if you read the spreadsheet.

Standings:
    Vil 310 5
    Headspace 245 4
    Xno Kappa 240 4
    Moss 185 3
    Byrd 160 4

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Aneesa 115 VIL GAME
    Fessy 75 XNO GAME
    Josh 60 HEAD GAME
    Kam 60 HEAD GAME
    Big T 55 VIL GAME
    Kaycee 55 MOSS GAME
    Devin 50 XNO GAME
    Leroy 50 VIL GAME
    Gabby 45 XNO GAME
    Kyle 45 BYRD GAME
    Theresa 45 BYRD GAME
    Amber M 40 HEAD GAME
    CT 40 BYRD GAME
    Nany 40 VIL GAME
    Tori 40 MOSS HOME
    Amber B 35 XNO GAME
    Cory 35 MOSS GAME
    Liv 35 HEAD HOME
    Lolo 35 VIL GAME
    Natalie 35 HEAD HOME
    Jay 30 MOSS HOME
    Nicole 25 XNO HOME
    Mechie 20 BYRD GAME
    Darrell 15 HEAD GAME
    Nam 15 MOSS GAME
    Nelson 15 VIL HOME
    Wes 15 XNO HOME
    Ashley 10 BYRD HOME
    Joseph 10 MOSS HOME
    Lio 0 BYRD HOME

BG Level

Theresa giving advice on laying low and all that, then fanning the flames as the episode went on was expected. One thing I wonder is if the filming schedule is a lot different than it was back in her day. Maybe it's just a different crowd.

Shoutout to "Security" AND "Producer" getting their titles on screen. Does Devin have a single thing in his playbook other than picking on low-hanging fruit? Someone get Fessy a plate of nachos. What a sloppy scene from that guy.

With how the rest of the season's been with him, I expected Nam going in, which would have been a lame way for him to possibly go out since they did the absolute minimum to even establish that possibility. Considering the show he's from, throwing him on that to try to knock out Jay wouldn't be a bad idea. I forgot/wasn't thinking about Leroy doing something similar, so I went from shocked that he'd risk it against Jay, and then shocked at how he (well, both of them, really) trivialized that elimination. Normally, I wouldn't like them reusing an elimination, especially so relatively close in the season, but that was a good competition tonight.

TJ throws out half the votes, nothing changes because it was such an overwhelming majority anyway. Some people may disagree with Mr. Lavin getting involved, but I don't mind it here. It's not the first time anyway.

BG Level

Challenge 36: Double Agents (premieres 12/9/20)

I don’t mind TJ getting involved and as you said, it’s not the first time. They’re lucky as hell that it made no difference. I half expected TJ to decree a purge over the whole thing.

Devin instigating Fessy/Josh had me dying. It was just too easy and as CT said, everybody wants to knock Josh’s head off because he’s a grown ass man child but wasn’t worth it. I really wanted for Devin to wait till Josh fell asleep and wake him up with some troll ass comment like “Hey buddy? Can we talk this out?” Just to fuck with him even more lmao.

Theresa got way too aggressive and made Jay’s bed. Feel bad for the guy. He always seems to be targeted every season through no fault of his own.

There’s only two skulls left for each gender is that accurate?

BG Level

1 to go for the guys, 3 for girls. Just Aneesa/Kam while there's Kyle/Fessy/Leroy/Devin. Took me scrolling up to the player list to even remember Devin has one and that Wes was on this season to throw an elimination to him.

BG Level

Ah gotcha. For some reason I thought Kaycee already had a skull.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The Kam/Leroy thing is already getting tiresome as the show couples always do. Kam especially is really wearing on me

I get being mad that you get thrown in, but this stupid "I asked and you didn't say you'd throw me in!!!" thing is some bullshit righteous indignation. If you aren't directly allied with someone, you have no business acting surprised if they throw you in. I get so annoyed with these teams that suck too hard to win a daily and ever have to stick their neck out and make a move

Time will tell but aside from being miserable in the house, I think it was still a strong game move from Theresa. It's good for her if she gets thrown in since she has to win her skull anyway, and if I'm someone like Kaycee I'd rather go against an easier target

Her move obviously totally fucked Jay's game though, which is a wrinkle I like this season with the teams switching up constantly

Like many of the previous ones, the daily challenge was a lot of hype with shitty execution. Also the heats were totally unbalanced lol. Theresa vs rookies?

@byrd - did you deduct points for Leroy and Jay in the daily? You wrote that only cory was spared but I feel like Jay and Leroy shouldn't have received a deduction since those two were actually competing

BG Level

D'oh, I have been trying to remember how Cory got singled out and it finally hit me that it was because he wasn't even IN the challenge. I don't remember if Jay/Leroy fought the whole way, but they did at least put in a genuine effort. Also, wasn't there someone that fell in one of the heats because he just sucked, not because he didn't try?

GATTACA!

BG Level

D'oh, I have been trying to remember how Cory got singled out and it finally hit me that it was because he wasn't even IN the challenge. I don't remember if Jay/Leroy fought the whole way, but they did at least put in a genuine effort. Also, wasn't there someone that fell in one of the heats because he just sucked, not because he didn't try?
    I think that was Mechie lol

And yeah Cory was solo so he didn't play. Jay and Leroy were at least giving 75% effort, Jay was literally hanging off of his back at one point lol

And yeah I'd vote he should be spared too. The guys that weren't trying were doing so because they didn't want to fall in the water, or "didn't want to be the the first one to start" (Nam)

GATTACA!

BG Level

I just discovered that Bill Simmons and Jacoby have been doing 20-30 minute pods after each episode on the podcast channel "ringer dish"

I've listened to the ones for the first two episodes so far and they're good. Some banter mixed with some TV production insight

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    @byrd - did you deduct points for Leroy and Jay in the daily? You wrote that only cory was spared but I feel like Jay and Leroy shouldn't have received a deduction since those two were actually competing
    I considered trying to analyze that a bit, but TJ didn't differentiate when he excoriated the guys, nor when eliminating the votes (I think). I didn't feel the need to try to split hairs when TJ didn't since the penalty is actually defined as making TJ disgusted. I didn't apply the "throwing the challenge" penalty to anyone (as opposed to earlier this season, when I applied it to Devin during the challenge where he deliberately left Tori hanging) because I felt like the -20 was already enough and trying to differentiate between all ten competitors would be shades of gray.

Cory was obviously exempt because he wasn't in the challenge. Other than that, I felt it best to apply the penalty evenly.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I considered trying to analyze that a bit, but TJ didn't differentiate when he excoriated the guys, nor when eliminating the votes (I think). I didn't feel the need to try to split hairs when TJ didn't since the penalty is actually defined as making TJ disgusted. I didn't apply the "throwing the challenge" penalty to anyone (as opposed to earlier this season, when I applied it to Devin during the challenge where he deliberately left Tori hanging) because I felt like the -20 was already enough and trying to differentiate between all ten competitors would be shades of gray.

Cory was obviously exempt because he wasn't in the challenge. Other than that, I felt it best to apply the penalty evenly.
    Makes sense - agree that it's more objective that way rather than trying to parse effort

So I will not direct my ire at TJ for including Jay and Leroy in his disgust

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast