Gilgamesh

Label the part of the book spoiler you guys talking about :D

I'm on part 4 now so I don't wanna click

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Label the part of the book spoiler you guys talking about :D

I'm on part 4 now so I don't wanna click
    I asked a question about the very last couple pages before the epilogue.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I asked a question about the very last couple pages before the epilogue.
    ftfy. more about this
    Spoiler: show
    It also closes the plot line that the spren were willing to bond to a listener.
    Mild spoilers if you haven't read Secret History
    Eshonai was a cognitive shadow for a few minutes similar to Vin and Elend at the end of Hero of Ages. Similar to them, Eshonai was invested with stormlight but not enough to resist the pull to the Beyond. She isn't going to Braize or Ashyn. Only voidspren, Fused, and heralds return to Braize upon normal death (not investure sucking death like Raboniel or her sister)

And another a lighter note on material in part 5
    Kaladin vs Pursuer
    FINISH HIM!
    *Pursuer's head gets ripped off*
    FATALITY

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, big difference between prologue and epilogue lol

Post RoW
    It wasn’t hinted at what powers the red Avian Lift ended up adopting had, was it? Same with Mraize’s. I forgot about those birds from the novella so I hadn’t originally been thinking about it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished Part 4
    I called Shallan having an older spren who was the new dead one way back in part 2. Because her story just has to keep getting more and more tragic. Also seemed kinda obvious from the start Shallan killed Ialai. Didn't think it'd be Radiant though.

Maya reveal was really cool though. Hope Adolin can bring her more back to life

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

RoW as a whole

Are there any magic systems in the cosmere this book did not reference or at least indirectly include? I can think of allomancy, feruchemy (maybe), awakening, white sand, and aviars outside of all the obvious ones in Roshar itself.

I guess the magic of Elantris isn’t really brought up except for the Seon nor have we really seen hemalurgy.

Seems more and more that the rest of the cosmere books will become required reading for SA

Ridill
    BG Level

In semi response to the above post, I feel book 5 will be mostly self contained. You’ll have the various mentions like in RoW but you won’t be lost/confused by them if you haven’t read anything else. Book 6 is likely when the chains will come off and shit gets really crazy and you’ll have to at least read up on a wiki to know what’s going on.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally finished. So many damn thoughts

Teft I thought his spren would get killed but that would be too horrible for someone like him just recovering. So of course he had to go along with her. FUCK MOASH

Raboniel was a very cool villain/anti-hero kind of character. Wish she stuck around, but I guess it makes sense for her arc to die.

Defeated One lololol

Eshonai ending was so nice and unexpected. Stormfather is growing on me.

Even with the Odium/Taravangian thing spoiled for me early, man that shit is gonna be brutal for everyone. Odium's one big weakness was that Rayse seemed kind of dumb lol

All of next book is gonna be 10 days? Goddamn.

Excited to see Kaladin and Szeth travel to Shinovar.

Wtf Odium really fucked Hoid up at the end huh? No idea what all he might have lost at the end there

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh and question about El

Defeated one said someone else was using his title. Who is it and whats the title. Do we know?

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Oh and question about El

Defeated one said someone else was using his title. Who is it and whats the title. Do we know?

His old title was given to a human. So it's strongly hinted it is: He Who Quiets - Vyre.... FUCK MOASH

and another bit that I think a lot of people are digesting

The fuck Ishar somehow pulling spren from the Cognitive Realm into the Physical Realm and doing dissections. I know the heralds are insane, like I give Talenel some slack because he held the pact for 4000 years, but the hell Ishar doing some dirty experiments.

The Heralds p much all went off the deep end like a chaotic neutral murderhobo party that failed horribly at preventing the True Desolation. Nael p much put the death warrant on Gavilar. Kelek was working with Gavilar on anti-voidlight. And Ash was derping around at the party.

Meanwhile it's speculated Talenel didn't break but was sent back from Braize since something may have bridged the gap between Braize and Roshar sending voidspren into the Everstorm that was growing in the Cognitive Realm.

So many questions about the heralds.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh and question about El

when reading it, I assumed it was Moash as Synistar said.
    As for the Heralds, they were probably insane long ago, just like a lot of the Fused, or worse considered the torture. Give them 7 thousand years to just fuck around and they’re going to develop some... interesting quirks.

BG Level

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/sta...anderson-2020/

Tentative release schedule:
    Fall 2021: Skyward 3
    Spring 2022: Alcatraz 6
    Fall 2022: Wax and Wayne 4
    Spring/Summer 2023: Skyward 4
    Fall 2023: Stormlight 5
    What's after Stormlight 5?

Once that’s done, and [Mistborn] Era Two is closed out, I’ll turn my eyes to Era Three. My goal right now is to write all three books in a row, like I did for the first trilogy, maybe with a novella in between from another world to keep me fresh. That’s likely to be my writing for 2023–2025. Once that’s done I’ll dive into Stormlight 6.
    Damn I didn't expect Stormlight 6 until 2030. The madman!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yeah he's fucking nuts.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's a reason I'll read his shit that isn't finished. Because I won't do that for any other books after GRRM now lol

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Even with his pace this Cosmere cycle is going on at least another 15 years.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

And I mean that's good. He's only 45. I love that theres such a long standing crossover universe to look forward to.

he's probably looking at closer to 25-30 years to finish this stuff off. He's got two more full mistborn trilogies, on top of the rest of stormlight, sequels to elantris and warbreaker, and then the dragonsteel series with however long it's supposed to be to cap it all off.

Ridill
    BG Level

Dunno if old news, but just watched a video on Sanderson's youtube channel and he said shardblades originally worked like regular swords (cutting flesh and what not) but after the first scene with Szeth, there were too many body parts flying around and so he changed it.

Ridill
    BG Level

The only reason I can see this ever happening is because one of Sanderson’s kids is really into Fortnite and he was like “hey, have the license for free.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag