1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Apparently you only need to do step 2 once PER character, which is some nice news

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So let me get this straight as my info is a bit scattered:

Clear DR then
    Step 1: 15 loathsome memories of dying from CT or CEs (lol)
    Step 2: 18x Heavensward Raid (or gyr abania fate) and 18 Stormblood raid (or othard fate)
    Step 3: 15 artifacts from DR or POTD

Step 3 is still kinda shitty though but it makes it all rather more palatable. I read earlier that every 10 floors has a chance of dropping the artifact

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Well if step 2 is only required once maybe this will be less painful.

I'm just not looking forward to Crystal Tower/POTD since those can get dull fast

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, it seems my copy of Ys IX is not coming before the weekend so I think I'll grind the weapon XD

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well, it seems my copy of Ys IX is not coming before the weekend so I think I'll grind the weapon XD
    Let me know how painful it goes. I'm debating on doing it still.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I decided to use this as time killer after work until presentation, got my last 3 CT, whole HW raid done and like 8 drops from SB, so actually a lot of work. Just have something interesting on the second screen and most stuff can be done pretty mindlessly... As a healer there's almost no queque times too so that helped. But I think the excitement for the expansion reveal was driving me in a way, usually I wouldn't be able to do all that in one go :D

BG Level

Guessing 1 memory per run for CT? If so this is going to suck. 24 man raids always felt sluggish to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Guessing 1 memory per run for CT? If so this is going to suck. 24 man raids always felt sluggish to me.
    Just make sure to queue for the fastest ones, so Syrcus, Void Ark and Rabanastre

And yeah, it's 1 drop per run

BG Level

On one hand I'm tempted to drink doing this, on the other I'll be cranking my "I don't know WTF I'm doing" up to 11 if I try to marathon these.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Syrcus isn't bad. Sub 15 minute runs are the norm and aside from 2 mechanics (Amon's ice block thing and Xande's gravity platform thing) are pretty easy and braindead to run. And unless you're planning on grinding out everything ASAP, it's not too bad.

I've done both Void Ark and Rabanastre recently too but don't remember them having any overly necessary mechanics anymore either. Run's weren't as quick though IIRC. Only having to do this step once ever is nice. Buuuuut I have no plans on upgrading more then 1 weapon. And even then, I'm on the fence >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Void Ark also took 15 most of the time in my case. Rabanastre is around 20

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Premade, take blu, complete it in half the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, the PoTD drop is not 100%, some people are saying the rate is higher on higher floor, but in general seems to be bad RNG... DR doesn't sound that bad suddenly lol, did my second run today for the weekly and I only died once, once you know the mechanics is easy as pie, just depends on the people you get and what abilities they bring.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

not even 100% from floor 100 like some people posted about? I did a second DR run this Thursday and instead of taking an hour and a half it took about 25 minutes. I think people finally got smart to use their lost actions and junk, I could anticipate it gets faster from there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I only tried 1-10 and 51-60, 0 drops after 4 runs

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    not even 100% from floor 100 like some people posted about? I did a second DR run this Thursday and instead of taking an hour and a half it took about 25 minutes. I think people finally got smart to use their lost actions and junk, I could anticipate it gets faster from there.
    As more people unlock the ability to holster additional lost actions it is gonna be easier. I’m still 0/3 on fabric after hours in Bozja Also I think people are getting smarter about using Essences during DR. At least in my experience.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It only increases the bag weight capacity by 10.. you don't need that really for normal mode where dps can be all charging up focus and open with lost slash if they're war or mch and chunk 30% of the bosses health on their first gcd when you have enough of them.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally said screw it and bought my garlean fabrics off the market board. Around 500k each on my server. But I got no use for gil anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ehh, two things really annoying about DR right now - people queue for it and then often leave at the start or in the middle - you can't join this in progress so you're often left with a gimped ally.
    Second - if there's no tank job, people just quit instead of having someone use tanking actions, lol. I need to stop using my Divine at the start to not waste it on situations like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, I don't remember the last time I grinded this game so hard D:

Spoiler: show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast