+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    In ksan's defense it is a pain in the dick to watch other teams when you live in CA. Whether it's norcal or socal the non prime times will always be dominated by the local teams (Raiders still count for the purpose of programming views in Norcal). Unless one of those teams is in primetime you're probably getting both slots taken up by them. Especially since the NFL/networks commonly likes to limit programming when a local team is playing so you don't have a choice to watch what might be showing on another channel.

When I was living in the bay area for the Harbaugh years it was great cause the Niners were good and always on, but the other timeslots was always gonna be taken up by the garbage ass Raiders no matter how good the other games on might be.
    Funny thing is in Norcal, it's absolutely impossible to listen to them on the Radio. I checked every local radio station listed on the Raiders Radio station guide, and not a single one was playing the damn game. Bay area is really salty about them leaving. Yesterday when I went to go get lunch, all 3 sports stations had the following games on. Tennessee vs Cleveland, Miami vs Cincinnati, and New Orleans vs Atlanta.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

In ksan's defense it is a pain in the dick to watch other teams when you live in CA. Whether it's norcal or socal the non prime times will always be dominated by the local teams (Raiders still count for the purpose of programming views in Norcal). Unless one of those teams is in primetime you're probably getting both slots taken up by them. Especially since the NFL/networks commonly likes to limit programming when a local team is playing so you don't have a choice to watch what might be showing on another channel.

When I was living in the bay area for the Harbaugh years it was great cause the Niners were good and always on, but the other timeslots was always gonna be taken up by the garbage ass Raiders no matter how good the other games on might be.
    I appreciate it. I mostly get to watch them during the playoffs only. Which is ok, because they tend to take their first games easy and rev up more towards the end of the season. My husband isn’t into football, so we usually don’t justify spending extra for something I only watch when I can still see games without it. It works out in a way though because I usually get to watch the games my students watch so we can talk about the plays the next day.

And tbh it gets tiring that I can’t say anything football related without people piling on to claim I am just a Brady fan. I’ve never tried to pretend I am some sort of football-crazed guru, but I do love the game, I love watching it, and wish to god I was better at it. It’s legitimately my favorite sport to watch and be a part of. As for Brady, I have always been pretty ambivalent about him. I think a lot of people don’t give him enough credit, and a lot of people give him too much credit.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I really gotta start making a better effort to watch college football. We took our family to a USC game last year, and I made it really fun for the kids (tons of food n, such). I wanna get better at watching them and internalizing the rule differences.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

is this 2020 or 1980? if you have access to the internet you have access to every football game you want to watch lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I have this thing about not pirating stuff because in my mind that behavior hurts our own income.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Which probably isn’t accurate but it would make me feel like a damn hypocrite (not judging others, you do you.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I have this thing about not pirating stuff because in my mind that behavior hurts our own income.
    How?

BG Level

she's worried about the nfl making a lowly 15 billion dollars instead of their full 16 billion dollars

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    How?
    My husband used to work in films and now video games. So I think it's important for my own morality to not skimp on that stuff. Again, it's a personal thing though. You do you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    she's worried about the nfl making a lowly 15 billion dollars instead of their full 16 billion dollars
    No. I understand that when cuts happen, it's usually not to the ones making the full 16 billion dollars.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hubby worked on some pretty big films (Transfomers, Ironman, etc.). Don't have to worry about Robert Downy Jr.'s salary, but you did have to worry about the constant lay offs in his department.

BG Level

this year is the most viewed nfl season ever. they are making the exact same amount of money they did last year, despite not have fans in the stands. don't worry about nfl viewership numbers lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Again, it's a morality thing. I don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm not about to sacrifice my own comfort to watch specific games. I don't mind watching what's shown locally. I didn't post it to complain, just stating how I view it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    My husband used to work in films and now video games. So I think it's important for my own morality to not skimp on that stuff. Again, it's a personal thing though. You do you.
    Didnt know that, understandable then.