Closed Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

This isn't a difficult concept. We test drugs for long term effects, not short term gains.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Archi since he started on this dumbshit idea

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    Covid kills 1 in 1000 americans, but the vaccine only kills 1 in 900, it's better then the status quo so let's go with it.
    Uh

Cmon man

You know 1 in 900 is more dead than 1 in 1000 right?

You didn't set a volleyball this perfectly for me did you?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Covid kills 1 in 1000 americans, but the vaccine only kills 1 in 900, it's better then the status quo so let's go with it.
    This is the kind of math that made the 1/2 pounder sell less than the 1/4 pounder.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

C'mon man, we were doing so good in Covid threads

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm currently home with the flu and my head is pounding, math is not the top of my list right now, but I will hang my head in shame regardless Fwiend

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I think we’re just witnessing what happens when parents get stuck at home with their children full time.

Someone get Archi some respite care.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Archi joining the peak BG train of going full Thanos to get back to "normal" no matter what

News flash, normal fucking sucked, I hope it never returns, and quarantine isn't the end of the world. You can handle it a little longer if it means we can test the vaccine more effectively. Get therapy.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I never want to go back to work. I've been working on starting my own company and unless we get too big to fail I don't want us to ever have a centralized office. It will also make us more difficult to attack in times of war.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I already know I have until at least June before I go back to the office at any level, but I'll tell you right now if they try to put us back at 100% in office I will hit rock bottom wage slave depression very quickly. The lack of workplace stress this year has been a level of catharsis I never expected but needed so badly.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm currently home with the flu and my head is pounding, math is not the top of my list right now, but I will hang my head in shame regardless Fwiend
    I dunno if anyone else is thinking this but.. get yourself tested if you haven't already?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

So back in April and May, I kept hearing horror stories about how awful New York and Chicago and other huge metropolitans were. I didn't think it could possibly be as bad as the stories. And if it was, there's no way it could ever get that bad in a small, rural community hospital.

This weekend was worse than last. I worked Thursday - Sunday. I was in charge of two of the three covid units.

Thursday, not too awful. We had a patient come up that was completely delirious. Her sodium was 117. She was in A-fib with RVR. She needed fluids and cardizem. ED sent her up with an IV in the AC (bend of the elbow). Problem was this lady had no fucking clue what reality was. She flailed like those giant flappy fan men in front of car dealerships. I got an IV in her forearm, she pulled it out. I tried two more sites. Couldn't access. I gave her 2mg of IV ativan. Nothing. 10mg of IM geodon...nothing. 10 more...nothing. 2 of morphine...nothing. 4 more of morphine...finally, asleep. Ran the fluids and cardizem and finally got her leveled out. 8 covid admissions that night.

Friday. We are intubating a 60 year old lady who caught it at church. Her husband is on the floor on room air. The lady tanks after intubation. I run up to the floor with a wheelchair, grab the husband, run back down to CCU. He gets there as her HR is in the 30s and BP is in the 50s sbp. He has us turn off the vent. We watch him watch his wife die. Fucking devastating. Another patient gets paged. It's a 60 year old dude that had been running a fever and had a cough. He had been swabbed for a send out lab from his clinic the day before Thanksgiving. Despite the covid symptoms and pending test, he went to a large Thanksgiving gathering with no masks, played with children, and gave zero fucks. He deteriorated quickly, coded, died after about 6 hours inpatient. Wasn't that mad about that one. 6 admissions.

Saturday: I walk onto the first unit. There's a dead body from a recently deceased still in a room. Another patient is tanking while maxed on AVAPS, and the dayshift nurse forgot to write down a call-in, so our already short staffing. We were 7 nurses short between two units that night. 8 admissions.

Then there was last night. Newer nurse. May graduate. She has a patient on heated high flow that's circling the drain. I grab a bipap, we hook him, he starts doing ok. I go to my other unit to start an IV. I hear a rapid response call. It's the same new nurse, but different patient. Young guy in 40s. Iv drug user. Non-compliant with everything. He had bilateral PEs. I walk in to them doing chest compressions. Welp, no longer a rapid response, so I hit the code button. After 20 minutes we get him back and send to ccu. While transferring down there, another patient in CCU codes. We get the transfer settled in...he codes again. Then...5th floor, an orthopedic medical floor...code blue. There were 5 codes in about a 2 hours. Now CCU is out of beds. Small outlying hospital pages us and wants to send over a covid positive patient. We accept. What they didn't tell us was the patient was a ward of the state full code, maxed on bipap, completely unresponvie with a BP in the 70s on arrival. Then, as she settle in, monitor alarms go off for a patient with no cardiac history for new onset afib with rvr. 30 seconds later, full code ward of state patient's heart rate drops to 40s from 90s. When I left for the outpatient BH office this morning, we had 4 covid beds left in the hospital.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Jfc dead one day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully his family doesn't get it as bad. Guess I can't feel too bad b/c if they're hosting a gathering, they're already asking for the Darwin award.

Going in to hiding mode at my job tonight. Two co-workers had company over for Thanksgiving and one took a bus to Dallas, so yeah smell ya later for two weeks. Opted in for the vaccine which is scheduled to to be administered in two weeks. Hopefully my illness and treatment will help me get it faster but at least we're starting the process.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I dunno if anyone else is thinking this but.. get yourself tested if you haven't already?
    I did, came back negative, twice

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I think we’re just witnessing what happens when parents get stuck at home with their children full time.

Someone get Archi some respite care.
    No, what I want is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    So back in April and May, I kept hearing horror stories about how awful New York and Chicago and other huge metropolitans were. I didn't think it could possibly be as bad as the stories. And if it was, there's no way it could ever get that bad in a small, rural community hospital.

This weekend was worse than last. I worked Thursday - Sunday. I was in charge of two of the three covid units.

Thursday, not too awful. We had a patient come up that was completely delirious. Her sodium was 117. She was in A-fib with RVR. She needed fluids and cardizem. ED sent her up with an IV in the AC (bend of the elbow). Problem was this lady had no fucking clue what reality was. She flailed like those giant flappy fan men in front of car dealerships. I got an IV in her forearm, she pulled it out. I tried two more sites. Couldn't access. I gave her 2mg of IV ativan. Nothing. 10mg of IM geodon...nothing. 10 more...nothing. 2 of morphine...nothing. 4 more of morphine...finally, asleep. Ran the fluids and cardizem and finally got her leveled out. 8 covid admissions that night.

Friday. We are intubating a 60 year old lady who caught it at church. Her husband is on the floor on room air. The lady tanks after intubation. I run up to the floor with a wheelchair, grab the husband, run back down to CCU. He gets there as her HR is in the 30s and BP is in the 50s sbp. He has us turn off the vent. We watch him watch his wife die. Fucking devastating. Another patient gets paged. It's a 60 year old dude that had been running a fever and had a cough. He had been swabbed for a send out lab from his clinic the day before Thanksgiving. Despite the covid symptoms and pending test, he went to a large Thanksgiving gathering with no masks, played with children, and gave zero fucks. He deteriorated quickly, coded, died after about 6 hours inpatient. Wasn't that mad about that one. 6 admissions.

Saturday: I walk onto the first unit. There's a dead body from a recently deceased still in a room. Another patient is tanking while maxed on AVAPS, and the dayshift nurse forgot to write down a call-in, so our already short staffing. We were 7 nurses short between two units that night. 8 admissions.

Then there was last night. Newer nurse. May graduate. She has a patient on heated high flow that's circling the drain. I grab a bipap, we hook him, he starts doing ok. I go to my other unit to start an IV. I hear a rapid response call. It's the same new nurse, but different patient. Young guy in 40s. Iv drug user. Non-compliant with everything. He had bilateral PEs. I walk in to them doing chest compressions. Welp, no longer a rapid response, so I hit the code button. After 20 minutes we get him back and send to ccu. While transferring down there, another patient in CCU codes. We get the transfer settled in...he codes again. Then...5th floor, an orthopedic medical floor...code blue. There were 5 codes in about a 2 hours. Now CCU is out of beds. Small outlying hospital pages us and wants to send over a covid positive patient. We accept. What they didn't tell us was the patient was a ward of the state full code, maxed on bipap, completely unresponvie with a BP in the 70s on arrival. Then, as she settle in, monitor alarms go off for a patient with no cardiac history for new onset afib with rvr. 30 seconds later, full code ward of state patient's heart rate drops to 40s from 90s. When I left for the outpatient BH office this morning, we had 4 covid beds left in the hospital.
    to not be happening at hospitals all across the country

But it's ok, we only have to wait another 17 days for FDA approval for a vaccine. Clearly we have the time.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I did, came back negative, twice
    Good

Eat some soup and feel better bro

BG Level

jesus fuck Tyche. hang in there man.

Fresno's heating up, even at our little ass hospital. i know i keep saying it but you motherfuckers stay safe.

People not being willfully ignorant fuckwits would do us a well until a vaccine is legit, too. But, y'know, freedumb.

Closer to home, my aunt's neighbor, who I helped with things now and then, died of Covid and left behind his wife with Alzheimer's. She apparently called my aunt over 5 times during the day breaking the news to her before I eventually got a call from said aunt where she'd cracked. About a 10m drive would have me on their doorsteps for matter of "close to home"-ness. My own folks respond to this news by just maintaining their dumbass schedule of grocery shopping 5 nights out of the week and spend a few hours at Walmart despite surrounding counties being a mix of dark orange and red. I'm 100% confident they're dead if not asymptomatic given their own pre-existing conditions should they keep up what they're doing, and likely even more with their compulsion to christmas shop this time of year. I'm actually starting to question if they're mutually suicidal despite my routine urgings to, at the very least, consolidate store runs into one big trip or for god's sake consider pick-up. Mask discipline here is not what it needs to be.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    No, what I want is this:to not be happening at hospitals all across the country

But it's ok, we only have to wait another 17 days for FDA approval for a vaccine. Clearly we have the time.
    Well it's already fucking happening at hospitals across the country, and it's not because of lack of vaccines it's because of dumb fucking people like Trump and the numbskulls who wear their mask under their nose.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    People not being willfully ignorant fuckwits would do us a well until a vaccine is legit, too. But, y'know, freedumb.

Closer to home, my aunt's neighbor, who I helped with things now and then, died of Covid and left behind his wife with Alzheimer's. She apparently called my aunt over 5 times during the day breaking the news to her before I eventually got a call from said aunt where she'd cracked. About a 10m drive would have me on their doorsteps for matter of "close to home"-ness. My own folks respond to this news by just maintaining their dumbass schedule of grocery shopping 5 nights out of the week and spend a few hours at Walmart despite surrounding counties being a mix of dark orange and red. I'm 100% confident they're dead if not asymptomatic given their own pre-existing conditions should they keep up what they're doing, and likely even more with their compulsion to christmas shop this time of year. I'm actually starting to question if they're mutually suicidal despite my routine urgings to, at the very least, consolidate store runs into one big trip or for god's sake consider pick-up. Mask discipline here is not what it needs to be.
    Damn.

Sounds like my friend's situation. Lives at home, family comes over all the time. His mom, who is immunocompromised, still goes to sewing classes weekly. His family went to his sister's Thanksgiving gathering, all while having a recovering from hospice level health (it's a long, fucked up story) grandmother living with them. He's a pretty level headed guy and smart so I feel for him, but yeah, his family will be the death of him and themselves. Hopefully he'll get the vaccine along with me soon as we work at the same hospital.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast