BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    What are you talking about? They just have to scan and make sure you have the tracker chip in your arm that comes from the vaccine.
    Screw that, hold a phone up to them and see if you get 5G

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

California changing vaccine distribution plans. After those over 65, teachers, farmworkers, and first responders get vaccinated, it will be distributed by age going from old to younger regardless of occupation.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Screw that, hold a phone up to them and see if you get 5G

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

MUTANTS ONRY

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    My idiot father keeps pestering me to talk to my doctor about seeing if I can jump the line for the vaccine despite the fact that "higher risk" (I am immunocompromised) people are group 4 (of 5, with 5 being "Everyone Else"), and they're only waitlisting groups 1 and 2 currently (NC). He keeps insisting that "They're making exceptions for people with certain conditions!" despite providing no evidence to support said claim. Meanwhile I've sent him a screenshot of the official website where they (quite emphatically) stress that PEOPLE WHO MAKE APPOINTMENTS BUT ARE NOT IN GROUPS 1 OR 2 WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WAIT LIST.

There are people who need the vaccine a lot more than I do. I've been fine not leaving the house and having groceries delivered for this long, I can last until they open up for my group. That is unless his stupid ass gets me sick, inviting maskless Craig's List whackjobs over to come take all the shit he doesn't want anymore. In which case I want him to have that on his conscience.

That said, feel free to call me a moron when I do catch the 'rona.
    Sounds like he's just a concerned dad who wants his son to live =(

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Got 2nd moderna yesterday and I think I'm dying. Arm sore and sensitive as fuck. Can't lay on it. I'm incredibly nauseated. Have the chills.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Got 2nd moderna yesterday and I think I'm dying. Arm sore and sensitive as fuck. Can't lay on it. I'm incredibly nauseated. Have the chills.
    Lasted a day for me. You should be fine. The aches by day 3 fucking suck.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was pretty much fine after my second dose. I felt sort of achey in my legs/arms/back and I had some mild lightheadedness and slightly lower energy. Other than that didn't feel feverish or anything. Word is that women tend to have worse side effects after the second dose. My co-worker has called off of work for a few days.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Maybe we got a bad lot lol. I haven't eaten in 20 hours. Wife is bringing food on her way home from work. Hopefully that helps.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I didn't have nausea, which is weird. A lot of my nurses called in.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My grandma had zero symptoms after her second dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    sensitive as fuck.
    You damn sensitive lib snowflakes!!

That does suck though, heard a lot of people planning it around their weekends so they can get back to work on Monday and be fine.

My idiot father keeps pestering me to talk to my doctor about seeing if I can jump the line for the vaccine despite the fact that "higher risk" (I am immunocompromised) people are group 4 (of 5, with 5 being "Everyone Else"), and they're only waitlisting groups 1 and 2 currently (NC). He keeps insisting that "They're making exceptions for people with certain conditions!" despite providing no evidence to support said claim. Meanwhile I've sent him a screenshot of the official website where they (quite emphatically) stress that PEOPLE WHO MAKE APPOINTMENTS BUT ARE NOT IN GROUPS 1 OR 2 WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WAIT LIST.

There are people who need the vaccine a lot more than I do. I've been fine not leaving the house and having groceries delivered for this long, I can last until they open up for my group. That is unless his stupid ass gets me sick, inviting maskless Craig's List whackjobs over to come take all the shit he doesn't want anymore. In which case I want him to have that on his conscience.

That said, feel free to call me a moron when I do catch the 'rona.
    Damn dude...just sounds like your dad is concerned about you, must suck having a concerned parent

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Damn dude...just sounds like your dad is concerned about you, must suck having a concerned parent
    While I concede that I was probably overly harsh (been having a rough month), dude's also the kind of person who goes out and pulls his mask down around his chin to talk on the phone while out in public. And again see my point about inviting over maskless nutjobs. Just seems like his "concern" is more him trying to cover his own ass doing stupid shit.

I'm mostly annoyed that I'm being as careful as I can possibly be, practically living as a hermit since this whole mess started, and he's being flippant about the whole thing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I was told I was allowed to register for it right now... even tho I'm a healthy 35-year-old who teleworking 100%. I work for the feds and I'm considered "essential" but I still don't understand why considering my position in IT. A friend of mine helps run the hospital's network and was told he had to get it as well because he was "essential". He also teleworkers almost 100% of the time.

I don't know how i feel about all this. Do i get the shot now and call it a day, or tell them i respectfully decline as i don't feel I'm at risk enough to jump the line?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I was told I was allowed to register for it right now... even tho I'm a healthy 35-year-old who teleworking 100%. I work for the feds and I'm considered "essential" but I still don't understand why considering my position in IT. A friend of mine helps run the hospital's network and was told he had to get it as well because he was "essential". He also teleworkers almost 100% of the time.

I don't know how i feel about all this. Do i get the shot now and call it a day, or tell them i respectfully decline as i don't feel I'm at risk enough to jump the line?
    I am in IT too and while I work from home about 98% of the time I wish I could get the vaccine asap because when I do have to go on site visits it is always in the office buildings with the old people who don't believe in masks and won't let me go into their offices alone to work on their computers. Have had some uncomfortable experiences with this and I don't like other people putting me at a higher risk because they don't believe it is an issue. I work for a Managed IT company so we have a lot of different clients that we take care of.

I am considered essential but not high enough risk so in California's tier system I believe IT is 1c which is the lowest tier.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post

It's a nice sentiment but I think you should just get it dude.

Distribution everywhere has been a mess and I think it best for those with the opportunity to get it done and be one less citizen that still needs one.

It's unlikely there's a poor old man that can't get his vaccine because you accepted a registration when you were asked to

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I know a nurse who snuck some people in to get the vaccine, though to be fair she was also saying how many vaccines she has to just throw in the trash due to cancelled appointments so.....yeah. Go figure the US fucking sucks at rolling out a needed vaccine.

I felt the same but honestly just get the shot, you not getting it could also mean it's going to waste. Honestly who knows. Shit is fucking dumb.