Closed Thread
Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

MD opened up to everyone earlier in the week, so signed up on a registration site for an appointment. Automated text gave me J+J only as options and times I didn't really like, said no 3x, they said they'd get back to me...but haven't yet. Unsure if I'm now behind a large queue or if the system isn't setup to actually get back to me lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I took a J&J appointment and thought I could cancel/game the system, but canceling isn't possible and my token was single use so that's what I got.

Got stuck at 3PM. Played Witcher 3 for a few hours no problem after that but woke up at 3AM with a fever that had just broken and terrible headache (prob dehydrated). Continued feeling crappy and basically hanging out in bed until noon (took vacation). I thought it was done after than, but last night I woke up with fevers again. I think I will go back on the claritin tonight because I am getting a postnasal drip that is probably allergies.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kuro deserves more than just a $6 cafeteria coupon.

https://twitter.com/DanPriceSeattle/...85642109669376

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

kuro lookin thicc, i'd trust him to make me bbq

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...221946881?s=20

Didn't know it wasn't mandatory. They mention in the article that they can't order them to take it because it only has EUA but I'm pretty sure the Antrax vaccine only had EUA when I had to get it and we were all told it was mandatory then with the punishment for refusing being getting a nice dishonorable discharge. Or maybe it was the smallpox vaccine. Or measles?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    kuro lookin thicc, i'd trust him to make me bbq
    Probably for the best. If it's not KC it sucks.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My fear that our vaccination saturation rate will be low continues to build.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...221946881?s=20

Didn't know it wasn't mandatory. They mention in the article that they can't order them to take it because it only has EUA but I'm pretty sure the Antrax vaccine only had EUA when I had to get it and we were all told it was mandatory then with the punishment for refusing being getting a nice dishonorable discharge. Or maybe it was the smallpox vaccine. Or measles?
    This just in; the military targets dumb people to join the military.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    My fear that our vaccination saturation rate will be low continues to build.
    yeah dude i'm with you

our vaccine reluctance might be as high as 1 in 4. i don't think that'll do it regardless of Tymon's tireless & questionable assurances

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    This just in; the military targets dumb people to join the military.
    military is better educated than the general populace in the US of A actually

BG Level

that said marines are known as the dumdum branch

BG Level

but we don't need em to be Rhodes Scholars we need em to flamethrow entrenched Japaneses

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just got my 2nd pfizer shot on Thurday. Spent all of yesterday in bed with chills, fatigue, massive headache and fever that was up to 102 at one point. It was excruciatingly painful. Kept trying to sleep through it but couldn't manage to sleep for longer than 30-45min.

Fever did eventually break, and I managed to sleep for a few hours and the rest of it started going away, too. Still glad to be vaccinated, though.

Largely thought I'd been in the clear of post-shot side effects since it's been over a week, but went to mow the lawn earlier and was pretty much jelly 3/4ths of the way through. Would say I got dehydrated more quickly, as well, despite it being a relatively cool day with decent cloud cover. So, if anyone else got the stick and has some yard work ahead of them, maybe drink a bit more beforehand and consider breaking it up into smaller chunks if you've got a bigger yard.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    military is better educated than the general populace in the US of A actually
    Is this a comment on how good the standard of education in the military is? Or how bad it is in the rest of the US?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cause from what I've seen from you guys in the last half a decade ain't pretty

BG Level

mostly the latter ya. military gets it median education up because it won't take high school drop-outs (with a handful of exceptions) and officers need bachelor's degrees or higher. like 10-12% of the population here lack a high school diploma.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I assume it will be mandatory in the military once the vaccine has regular approval rather than the emergency one it has right now? Don't they have to get a bunch of other vaccinations anyway?

BG Level

surprised it isn't right now tbh. rank and file may not like it but generalissimos can tell them to shut up and take it whenever they like.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I assume it will be mandatory in the military once the vaccine has regular approval rather than the emergency one it has right now? Don't they have to get a bunch of other vaccinations anyway?
    Yearly Flu shot is mandatory already so yea, can bet on the covid vaccine being mandatory too. All servicemembers get an assembly line of shots while in basic training then supplemental ones once they reach their unit based on mission and/or location.