Closed Thread
Page 64 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In other news, Norway report 23 cases where people might have died due to the vaccine: https://legemiddelverket.no/nyheter/...14-januar-2021

Edit: to clarify, they died after taking the vaccine and having typical mRNA side effects, which is why they suspect it’s due to the vaccine. It’s still being investigated though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    In other news, Norway report 23 cases where people might have died due to the vaccine: https://legemiddelverket.no/nyheter/...14-januar-2021

Edit: to clarify, they died after taking the vaccine and having typical mRNA side effects, which is why they suspect it’s due to the vaccine. It’s still being investigated though.
    Was that the phfizer(sp) one or another one? From what I heard there's about 2 or 3 more being rushed out for administration.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    What if the vaccine caused the psych issue!
    No.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What's a typical mRNA side effect? You don't get injected with exogenous mRNA on the regular

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

FYI everyone we found out the hard way that getting the flu shot invalidates you from getting the COVID shot for 14 days. Dr's are telling everyone to get the flu shot still but not telling people that you can't get both in close proximity to each other.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I can't get the covid vaccine for 90 days since I was positive. Good time for me to get the flu shot then because I've been hibernating/isolating and haven't gotten it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Was that the phfizer(sp) one or another one? From what I heard there's about 2 or 3 more being rushed out for administration.
    Pfizer, yeah. They haven’t started giving the Modern and Astra Zeneca vaccine yet in Sweden/Norway/Denmark I think.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

A very important detail: those 23 were terminally ill/in poor health overall and its the typical vaccine side effects that killed them. If they’ve caught common cold the result would probably be the same.

Typical side effects are; fever, etc. as far as I know.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Of course, just thought it was interesting and might be worth pointing out that people in generally bad health might need to avoid the vaccine.

BG Level

Typical mRNA side effects? What?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Previous vaccine in the last 14 days is not an absolute contraindication to getting a COVID-19 vaccine. It's just that there are no immunogencity data or safety data (obv) with "proximal" or simultaneous administration of a COVID-19 vaccine with other vaccines.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...rebekah-jones/
    Jones said Saturday that a state agent told her the arrest warrant is unrelated to the December raid.

“FDLE found no evidence of a message sent last Nov. to DOH staff telling them to ‘speak out’ on any of the devices they took — the entire basis for the raid on my home in Dec.,” Jones tweeted. “Still, the state has issued a warrant for my arrest — even though the ‘crime’ is not related to the warrant.”

After she was fired, Jones started her own online COVID-19 dashboard. But she said Saturday that she may no longer be allowed access to computers, the internet or other electronic devices as a condition of her release from jail pending trial.

“Bogus charges designed to silence and now jail me for being a scientist critical of the government,” she tweeted. “That’s the textbook definition of #censorship.”

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Typical mRNA side effects? What?
    Don’t ask me, it’s literally what the Norwegian page says:

”Meldingene kan tyde på at vanlige bivirkninger fra mRNA vaksiner”

BG Level

It would be unusual that getting the flu vaccine would interfere with COVID vaccines, and there's no such thing as "mRNA side effects".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

"This is the first mRNA vaccine. We observed typical mRNA side-effects."

Seems dumb but confident, which is the way of the world in 2021.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It would be unusual that getting the flu vaccine would interfere with COVID vaccines, and there's no such thing as "mRNA side effects".
    That is what my wife and I said. We were very perplexed. Not only that but there was a full 7 days in between when my wife and I got the flu shot to when she went in to get the COVID shot but they would not give it to her and said they require 14 days to elapse after getting the flu shot before getting the COVID shot. This was mandated not by the dr office but by some higher up entity. Not sure if it was state or CDC/FDA or whomever makes those kinds of decisions.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I mentioned before that a second cousin of mine, her husband and their three little kids had all gotten it. I found out over the weekend that they are better and their symptoms were mostly mild.

And, surprise! In the same phone call I found out a first cousin had it months ago and is past it now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55713570

Trump lifted the travel bans on the EU & Brazil yesterday, but they don't go in effect until the 26th. Biden has vowed to block the order.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I think the supply chain for raw goods & consumables to manufacture everything biotech/pharm related is all on extreme shortage industry wide. Basic consumables like sterile polystyrene bottles or centrifuge tubes are all backordered or possibly being funneled to select businesses. So don't be surprised if there is a slowdown of vaccine manufacturing for the next 2 months but possibly longer if raw material supply chains can't meet demand (while being fucking Lean as Zet would say. Stupid greedy ass companies that want to keep costs and inventories down.)

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sounds like my boss and his husband caught the coof when they took vacation around New Years.