So I recently came back and was using my PS4 controller with DS4 and everything was fine for a while. I alternated controllers because I'd have the PS4 active with youtube or streaming and would swap them out when one needed to be charged. One of these times the game just decided it didn't want to detect my controller. Since then I've battled this controller issue and ran it through top to bottom.

Basically the issue is I can get any controller (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) to work/detect in Windows 10 and function normally using either DS4 or Xbox Accessories. The wireless ones could be used wirelessly and worked fine when tested with Windows. But at the same time I CANNOT get FFXI Config to register ANYTHING. The only thing I get is a vibration when I do the vibration test in FFXI Config.

Things I've tried:
Update drivers
Uninstall/Reinstall every associated Driver
Tried Direct input via DS4
XInput off/on within config with every controller (even though I know Xbox are XI) both with every combination of XI/DI off/on for every controller with every preset possible (Used test gamepad to see if any button presses were detected)
Uninstalled DS4controller
Different DS4controller
Repaired all C++ Redistibutable
Configured and calibrated all controllers with various apps (DS4, Advanced settings under the devices manager, Steam, etc)
Completely removed DS4
Uninstalled FFXI from steam and reinstalled normally bypassing steam
Attempted every method I could find on google for people with the same issues

Now to me, it seems the issue is Windows > FFXI communication. I cant for the life of me. Ive basically run into a brick wall and I don't know what to do other than play with the Keyboard (which I suck at because of a PS2 > Xbox 360 > PC with controller FFXI career) If worse comes to worse I'll relearn how to use the keyboard but I'm rusty enough as is trying to remember how to play my jobs in general. I haven't even participated in any content because I don't feel confident I can play to a decent ability level. Switching to a keyboard style game I haven't used in a decade will require quite a bit of time to adjust to so I'd prefer to fix this problem instead.

I'm out of ideas. I suspect something in the registry or deep windows settings or some other issue that is far beyond my skills to find/fix.

For the sake of my sanity, please help lol