+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Zoom and pointerfocus (anyone bored?)

Trying to find a solution to my problem and I can't find anyone on the internet who as brought this up. I have had good luck asking questions on bg, and figured maybe someone would be bored enough to try and troubleshoot this.

Our school uses Zoom for teaching and I just found out this morning about Pointerfocus. It's an app that does a lot of functions with the mouse. In particular it can gray out the whole screen except where the mouse is:

Got super excited, downloaded and installed it, and went to use it during my classes. For whatever reason I can see it, but the students cannot.

I tried trouble shooting by starting a Zoom session as a host and participant (two computers) and I run into the same issue. I see it on the computer as host, but when sharing you don't see it at all.

For more info: I was in a PD training on Zoom where the trainer was using a different app called Mousepose which is mac only (I have PCs). They function the same so, while this is a different program, it SHOULD work.

If anyone is bored and is familiar with either of these programs, would you be up for messing around with it on your own and seeing what you need to do to make participants see it when you share your screen?

App location:

https://pointerfocus.soft32.com/

https://us04web.zoom.us/

Both are free to try btw. For Pointerfocus it pops up a menu to buy while you are using it, but you can drag it off to the side while working on it then just uninstall if you don't want it anymore.

Thanks in advance if anyone gets bored enough to do this!

Oh note: I do have annotations and whiteboard turned on, doesn't seem to help.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are you sharing the whole screen itself on or just the Word/PointPoint window? My guess is that because of the way Zoom shares with focus, this program won't work unless you share the entire screen.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Are you sharing the whole screen itself on or just the Word/PointPoint window? My guess is that because of the way Zoom shares with focus, this program won't work unless you share the entire screen.
    I only share the entire screen. :/

For reference, usually it's a website (since we use google classroom). Training I had this morning was sharing a website, too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

What about trying this functionality instead?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-cb8336074554

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-cb8336074554
    Thanks! I would still like the spotlight tool, but this is a definite alternative until I can get it working!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is it something goofy like running Zoom normal but pointerfocus as Admin?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Just in case no one else has seen it yet, you can now change the color of the mouse pointer for better view