+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

banger ending, glad they kept it true to the novel rather than go Hollywood. couple missteps but a beautiful adaption all around.

think p instantly heads towards the top of the best miniseries list kicking around with Generation Kill, Band of Brothers, Chernobyl, etc.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I too, enjoyed this very much. Mariko-sama was a badass. Toranaga-sama's schemes were top-notch.
    Spoiler: show
    Extra points for making sure the church in Edo would have a whorehouse as its next door neighbors.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

the funeral in the original was one fav scenes so i was definitely disappointed there wasn't another scene like it in this one

I’m really sad it’s over

BG Level

mono no aware pal

the scene on the boat with Blackthorne and Fuji was perfect, aesthetically and thematically. saying goodbye, accepting the impermanence of existence, allowing the beloved dead to move back into the oneness of everything and moving from them yet with them as best you can. perfect tonal completion to a lot of what the show was trying to say about death and its place in life. scene of tha year.

fuji's eyes acting MVP, she is so goddamn expressive with em. very good finale, only have very minor quibbles. people that were expecting a full on battle to end kind of surprised me but whatever. i do like how show toranaga alleged it was all to unify japan and protect the heir when i'm pretty sure in real life history his analogue yeets the heir around 10-15 years from the conclusion of the show lol. then again, yabu wasn't totally off base with what he claimed was in toranaga's secret heart

BG Level

ye one of the last acts of irl Torenaga's life was to besiege Osaka and kill the heir and his mother. Ochiba and Yabu the only two to ever see his bastard man secret heart.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I wish it could go on.

However, like all truly beautiful things in life they are meant to be fleeting.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag