+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Technically Complicated In-Laws

So my wife's parents have been trying to make their TV situation work for both of them. One is a night owl, one an early bird. This is basically meant to alleviate one wanting to watch TV late into the night and mitigate sound through headphones.

They don't want to mess with an app. (Like TV -> Roku Phone App -> Earphones)
    They don't want to mess with cords. (Perfer wireless bluetooth headphones)
    They want the bluetooth earphone solution to connect directly with the TV, and not through any other object (like a soundbar).
    One remote should be able to control volume on the TV, headphones, or sound bar.
    They would prefer to have a firestick plugged in.
    They want no delay, or as little as possible.
    No roku TV. That was our last attempt at a solution and my father-in-law Ron Swanson'ed it into the dumpster.

I know native bluetooth is tough-ish to find on TV's overall, seemingly limited to Samsung, Hisense, and Sony universally; then on upper to mid tier's of android smart TV's.

I think a Hisense TV is the best bet, but how can I be sure that a solution works for as much above as possible? The vital one are no pass-through connections and one remote controlling everything.

Any suggestions?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I have no hardware solution, just the general tip that Bluetooth audio has hella bad delay. Bad enough to ruin a movie experience unless it's something you're watching on backround. A second-ish behind, usually. Sometimes you can adjust the video delay to match, but that's dependant on your hardware.

If you do go to Bluetooth route, I recommend those in ear buds you can get on Amazon for sub $50. They're not as high quality as air pods, but the quality is still good, they're comfy and long lasting, and most importantly they're wireless. You might also be able to find a 3.5mm dongle that can stream Bluetooth and be connected right into the headphone jack in the current setup.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sennheiser makes some solid base + headphones. I have a set that are thirteen years old and still rock. I got my grandfather-in-law a set five years ago that he uses all the time (first link). Without knowing their setup better, these SHOULD work. It's not Bluetooth but RF (I have never had issues).

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS...8064525&sr=8-4
    https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-50...8064525&sr=8-8

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Think we have an acceptable solution in just pairing earbuds to a bluetooth enabled TV.

They're just opting for simplicity over fidelity, and hopefully this is a solution they like.