• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I also clearly need to apologise again for suggesting in the past that Ayton was going to be a subpar defender.

Monty Williams has clearly worked some magic (and work ethic) into Ayton and the entire roster.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

My early analysis of the 2020-2021 Bucks:

Jrue Holliday is as good as advertised, and getting less deep at the expense of putting two all-star caliber players around Giannis is just what this team needed

I really like Bobby Portis Jr, he plays bigger than his size, good second unit guy, dunno if he'll matter in the playoffs at all

Giannis has not taken another step, his free throw shooting is maybe even worse, his 3 point shooting is still meh

However god damn Khris Middleton is good at basketball. Of course his biggest strength relative to the rest of the league is the most inefficient skill in the game (mid-range jumpers) but fuck he's good at them

And holy shit can this team shoot the 3. It's not exactly how you want to build a championship contender and it is early but the Bucks are on pace to set the all time record for both made 3s per game AND 3 point shooting percentage (not counting tonight's 18/35 from 3 at the moment), despite Giannis being a drag on both. But when teams have to absolutely sell out on stopping his drives to the rim, which they're doing already this season (good prep for the playoffs) being able to make them pay up and down the lineup is huge.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post

However god damn Khris Middleton is good at basketball. Of course his biggest strength relative to the rest of the league is the most inefficient skill in the game (mid-range jumpers) but fuck he's good at them
    An extremely valuable skill to have in the playoffs though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

how good does it feel to see Trae outplaying Luka's fat ass to start the season

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Finished a meager 22/45 from 3 tonight

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    how good does it feel to see Trae outplaying Luka's fat ass to start the season
    Oh how I wish they weren't connected but yeah it feels good

Feels even better just watching the team play so well. Beat the Nets down pretty hard tonight

Your Suns looking good too despite Ayton being quiet so far

BG Level

Mikal and Cam both look like they made the jump, and Cam Payne continues to be an absolute steal. feels good to have depth after last year's league-best starting 5 saw every lead get choked away by the second unit.

Ayton is what he is. dude learned how to defend but i dunno if he's ever gonna learn offensive aggression or a post-game that doesn't revolve around fadeaways.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just in case any of you are keeping track this early in the season (and I'm sure AG is)...

Suns are currently the #1 seed in the west.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Mikal and Cam both look like they made the jump, and Cam Payne continues to be an absolute steal. feels good to have depth after last year's league-best starting 5 saw every lead get choked away by the second unit.

Ayton is what he is. dude learned how to defend but i dunno if he's ever gonna learn offensive aggression or a post-game that doesn't revolve around fadeaways.
    It's kinda funny how much this parallels the Hawks.

Have depth now
    Two key young wings making another leap
    Guy they drafted before Luka
    New veteran PG (CP3 + Rondo)
    Playoff aspirations!

Feelsgoodman (*knocks on wood with force)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Meanwhile I'm watching Oubre chuck up contested threes at a 4% clip.

Oh how the turntables

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Steph dropped 62 tonight

Just sayin

Also Draymond scored a point but posted a game high +/- of +22. Just Draymond things

GATTACA!

BG Level

I noticed this sweet graphic

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Steph dropped 62 tonight

Just sayin

Also Draymond scored a point but posted a game high +/- of +22. Just Draymond things
    Dubs will be lucky if they make the playoffs in a stacked western conference but we'll see

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

also kisada defeats anda in a close game, late

BG Level

-_-

when you guys doubled up on us to go up 30 i was like AIGHT time to read, but proud of the boys for making a game out of it. Clipps are looking like a better team, still no real starting-level point but Batum + Kennard provide more secondary playmaking/shooting. and while Ibaka doesn't have Harrell's motor he gives yall much more needed defense and shooting. still worried about the leadership deficit but that offense is looking mean.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i was thinking it was a statement game from the clips, but suns are a legit squad. as obnoxious as he can be, sometimes, i still admire cp3 greatly. i think the suns are going to be top flight with cp3 and the sky's the limit with ayton.

i'm not expecting the team to find that solid PG. but a lou for george hill trade would be the best i can hope for midseason and that'd be a fantastic fit. however, you're totally right that batum/kennard are like the accelerants the team really needs, and help to cover up a lot of the lack of playmaking. another thing lue's done is to integrate some triangle sets making kawhi the fulcrum of the offense. even though he was a traschan last night, he did good things by being the passer out of the post, and i expect the team to continue to build around him as such.

i'm not too worried about the leadership thing, and i think it's generally been overblown. the team did not have the capacity to win a ring last year because doc/harrell/chemistry issues. no amount of leadership can solve a semi-toxic locker room where the worst playoff performer is poisoning everything, while the doofus head coach who never practices and doesn't comprehend simple analytics allows said performer to do and say what he wants.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Hawks have lost two straight since the Nets win, which doesn't look as impressive now due to their other losses

I'm trying to both manage expectations for what is still a young team with a lot of injuries right now, while also being incredibly frustrated because we should've won both games

Were up 15+ against the Cavs in the 3rd before blowing the lead in the 4th and losing close. Can be somewhat blamed on the second leg of a back to back because the players looked gassed in the 4th

Last night were up 13+ against the Knicks and blew that lead as well for another close loss.

Missed dunks and bunnies abounded in both games so reallllly not fun to watch

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

growing pains!

having watched the darius miles/lamar odom/quentin richardson teams of clippers yore, i know exactly what you mean.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Hawks have lost two straight since the Nets win, which doesn't look as impressive now due to their other losses

I'm trying to both manage expectations for what is still a young team with a lot of injuries right now, while also being incredibly frustrated because we should've won both games

Were up 15+ against the Cavs in the 3rd before blowing the lead in the 4th and losing close. Can be somewhat blamed on the second leg of a back to back because the players looked gassed in the 4th

Last night were up 13+ against the Knicks and blew that lead as well for another close loss.

Missed dunks and bunnies abounded in both games so reallllly not fun to watch

trae is so awful on defense lol, RJ bullied him off switches so many times

ALSO WHEN DID JULIUS RANDLE DECIDE TO BECOME CHRIS WEBBER?!?!

BG Level

Randle was always a decent passer but yeah it's been nuts watching him go from the guy that bulled into defender walls play after play to making the smart read almost every time he draws help defense

figure his 3 shooting will revert to the mean but even a Randle who is an average outside shooter that now combines his bruising rim attacks with intelligent, controlled playmaking is an offensive force

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast