• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

grats Kisada. may the least crippled team win. Mann did the kind of shit you can't gameplan for but Jackson and PG were great too. lotta heart shown from this Clipps team, should shut up a lot of people after last year.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Being up by 25 and losing by 12, jeeeeez.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    kisada's heart beating fast I bet lol
    Bro I went to bed early lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    grats Kisada. may the least crippled team win. Mann did the kind of shit you can't gameplan for but Jackson and PG were great too. lotta heart shown from this Clipps team, should shut up a lot of people after last year.
    Thanks man.

KISADA VS AG FOR WESTERN CONFERENCE SUPREMACY. can't get any better than this lol

Also, thought this was funny https://mobile.twitter.com/davidaldr...06665385173000

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Myself and many others I think need to formally apologize to Ty Lue.

Beyond the memes I have legitimately thought he was not a good coach (LeCoach etc) and this series very very definitively proved that to be incorrect.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Kinda nervous for this one guys

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Rooting for you archi. I’m hoping this game isn’t as disappointing as I think it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

godspeed Archi (and tomorrow Moss). be p dope if the Conference Finals were all of our teams head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Myself and many others I think need to formally apologize to Ty Lue.

Beyond the memes I have legitimately thought he was not a good coach (LeCoach etc) and this series very very definitively proved that to be incorrect.
    still some absolute boneheaded moves to start the postseason that almost resulted in a first round loss but aye much improved. Mann played 1 minute in game 2 of this series and just won them the series, Kennard didn't play until game 5 of Dallas and is currently averaging 54% / 53% splits, Zubac got m u r d e r e d for 10 straight games by Luka/Donovan before Lue was like huh he can't guard them can he.

but, he got there eventually. partially forced on him by Kawhi's injury but going 5 out with Morris/Batum at center and not giving Gobert a traditional big to bang against was very shrewd, but also should have been the default as the Rockets showed over and over that's how you deal with him. so great adjustments, great learning, but also kinda a Stipe vs Cormier bodyshots situation where it's like why the fuck wasn't this the default gameplan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    godspeed Archi (and tomorrow Moss). be p dope if the Conference Finals were all of our teams head to head.

still some absolute boneheaded moves to start the postseason that almost resulted in a first round loss but aye much improved. Mann played 1 minute in game 2 of this series and just won them the series, Kennard didn't play until game 5 of Dallas and is currently averaging 54% / 53% splits, Zubac got m u r d e r e d for 10 straight games by Luka/Donovan before Lue was like huh he can't guard them can he.

but, he got there eventually. partially forced on him by Kawhi's injury but going 5 out with Morris/Batum at center and not giving Gobert a traditional big to bang against was very shrewd, but also should have been the default as the Rockets showed over and over that's how you deal with him. so great adjustments, great learning, but also kinda a Stipe vs Cormier bodyshots situation where it's like why the fuck wasn't this the default gameplan.
    mostly agree: ty lue came out with some failed adjustments and some failures to adjust in both series. G1/G2 in dallas i get, because they had a strategy they wanted to try but the players kept over-reacting so they had to try it out at least one more game before resorting to guerilla tactics in G3. and bringing in kennard late, i get, but sleeping on mann for both series and overplaying rondo, etc, were pretty bad. end on end, though, he was not even remotely afraid to try different things. not many dudes would be willing to bench someone with as much clout as rondo, or be willing to shelve patrick beverley for an entire series before uncorking him for a completely different one. and the way they schemed against gobert was totally fucking genius and quin snyder simply got outcoached. everyone knows that the playoffs are about matchups and after spotting two teams 2-0 leads (lol) he's been fantastic in dialing in his win conditions to maximum effect.

lue has his memey moments and probably is still considered a meme by most casual fans, but he's now 12-1 in clinching games, best in nba history. also consider they were facing a near 20 point deficit in G3 in dallas, and were getting fucking SMOKED last night in a clincher, yet still came back to win the dallas series and last night's game? he's deserving of his credit, for sure. and there is literally no way clips make it this far with doc rivers still in tow.

i'm just sad i missed the biggest and most important game in clipper history. oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'd also add they were going 5 out before kawhi's injury. but it was their specific strategy of attacking gobert and forcibly pulling him away from the rim, and either sending batum or morris or whomever flying at him when contesting rebounds. i can't count how many times i saw gobert try to snag a rebound only to see a body come out of nowhere, snake it from over him and speed to the other side in transition.

but yeah mostly agree a lot of times it was like, why didn't you do some of this stuff in the first place? lol. it's possible he just has so much conviction in his team he doesn't really care. back after the dallas G2 loss when paul george said they weren't concerned, i cringed super hard thinking it was just the shit you're supposed to say, and i knew he would be memed on. but now? i guess they really did believe it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

as far as suns vs clips:

who knows because as much as i love cp3, he's a sneeze away from being out for an entire series - whether that sneeze is covid protocols keeping him up, or the sneeze makes him somehow injure his hamstring.

i think clips were able to make great use of their small ball lineup, because they could exploit guys like porzingis and gobert in enough ways that they couldn't be punished for it. but going small against ayton, even if he say were unable to defend too well, is much different. because porzingis and gobert never punished the clips on the offensive side of the ball, so i could see ayton just totally demolishing on the offensive glass and dunking 50 times in the series.

and yeah without kawhi, that's their greatest weapon, soooo. not too confident about vs'ing the suns lol. also clips have played like 16 games in 31 days or something insane so yeah. not looking too good from my perspective.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Level

So if Paul is asymptomatic but can't test negative, he'll be out until June 26th. If he can test negative twice and he's asymptomatic he'll be back as soon as he can do so.

26th is game 4, not sure if he'd be eligible for that game or the next one. Automatically out 10 days after a positive test unless you can test negative later.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it's 10 days for vaccinated players, and he supposedly tested positive on Monday, so I think he could go for Game 3 if he can't get two negatives in a row

BG Level

Game 3 is the 24th tho, positive test was the 16th per https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...s1e4vho7bzosex

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    mostly agree: ty lue came out with some failed adjustments and some failures to adjust in both series. G1/G2 in dallas i get, because they had a strategy they wanted to try but the players kept over-reacting so they had to try it out at least one more game before resorting to guerilla tactics in G3. and bringing in kennard late, i get, but sleeping on mann for both series and overplaying rondo, etc, were pretty bad. end on end, though, he was not even remotely afraid to try different things. not many dudes would be willing to bench someone with as much clout as rondo, or be willing to shelve patrick beverley for an entire series before uncorking him for a completely different one. and the way they schemed against gobert was totally fucking genius and quin snyder simply got outcoached. everyone knows that the playoffs are about matchups and after spotting two teams 2-0 leads (lol) he's been fantastic in dialing in his win conditions to maximum effect.

lue has his memey moments and probably is still considered a meme by most casual fans, but he's now 12-1 in clinching games, best in nba history. also consider they were facing a near 20 point deficit in G3 in dallas, and were getting fucking SMOKED last night in a clincher, yet still came back to win the dallas series and last night's game? he's deserving of his credit, for sure. and there is literally no way clips make it this far with doc rivers still in tow.

i'm just sad i missed the biggest and most important game in clipper history. oh well.
    yeah i'll definitely say his single biggest strength is being willing to look at the tape, say this ain't working, and try something different. lot of good coaches from Rivers to Snyder just ain't willing to do that, they live or die with what they believe their team's identity to be.

re our series, i'd feel a lot better if CP3 wasn't battling the plague, but still like it. Clipps are deep as hell and Mann may be a diamond, but without Kawhi i don't really see it. as you say Ayton is able to punish smaller lineups with his rebounding and rim-running, our playmakers in Book and CP3 live to lob.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

no banger in the wcf, i'm afraid

BG Level

Praying the Bucks keep running high screen and rolls in the second half and not resorting to shitty ISO ball.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

same, i do NOT want to see the nets advance lol

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Just let Paul play, the rest of the US seems to think covid is over anyways with all restrictions gone.