+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We zoomed for like 6 hours today and it was miserable, but now it is over and we never left home. Not a bad deal.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    And to the family, bought a 6 pound boneless rib roast that my dad will cook and deliver to my brothers' families.
    That roast beef was good. Kinda wanted it a bit more on the rare side but still juicy af.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We did a roast, too. I am still waiting on my double oven to get delivered (comes on the 31st). I bought a turkey and froze it to try it in the new oven once we get it.

I keep poking my hubby that now we have a backyard we can justify getting a Kamado. If we ever get a stimulus check (lol) that's definitely going to be the purchase. Then whew lordy our roasts gonna make Chef Ramsay hard.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm at my parents house. We had a nice dinner and a generally pleasant day.

Got: A new Gaming monitor with a high refresh rate. I knew I was getting it because I had to show my Mom which one to order online cause they don't have anything like that in stores around here.

A digital alarm clock/radio thing. My old one is starting to fail.

Some electric clippers. She wants to start cutting my hair. ^^,

A couple pairs of pajama type of pants.

Ghost of Tsushima on PS4.

Money, gift cards for restaurants.

Gave: Gifts cards for every family member. Before you judge my Mom insisted that I not go shopping around at different stores because I'm immunocompromised right now.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whatever you need to do, so long as you're safe doing it! Sounds like most people aside from the Grinch had a good day.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Due to Covid, my wife won't be seeing her in-laws this year. She told me she is having the best Christmas ever !!!
    A+ post here lol.

I had an excellent Christmas. My wife bought me some TRD pro wheels for my 4runner. Now I gotta buy $1,000 tires to put on the wheels (which I needed regardless, there's 60k miles on the original tires).

I bought my wife a surface pro 7 because she watches the hell out of the iPad in bed and I've been having to take it to covid work for finishing up psych work stuff. I also bought her some all-weather mats for her car and one of those ridiculous 10ft x 10ft blankets.

The kids got a lot. Big gifts were a PS5 for the boys, a DSLR for one daughter, a wacom drawing tablet for the other daughter.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    A+ post here lol.

I had an excellent Christmas. My wife bought me some TRD pro wheels for my 4runner. Now I gotta buy $1,000 tires to put on the wheels (which I needed regardless, there's 60k miles on the original tires).

I bought my wife a surface pro 7 because she watches the hell out of the iPad in bed and I've been having to take it to covid work for finishing up psych work stuff. I also bought her some all-weather mats for her car and one of those ridiculous 10ft x 10ft blankets.

The kids got a lot. Big gifts were a PS5 for the boys, a DSLR for one daughter, a wacom drawing tablet for the other daughter.
    Nice, which DSLR? Nikon or Canon?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It was a cheaper canon t7i. I got it for like $200 off canons gray market site. She likes walking around and taking scenic photos on her phone, so I wanted to let her try something cheap to see if it was a hobby she would stick with. And I have some lenses anyway, so wouldn't have to buy new ones.

BG Level

Nice, I still have my t3i, which takes gorgeous shots. I imagine the sensors are probably better now than when I got mine.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wife and I had Japanese curry for Christmas dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, mass depression in here aside, I had a pretty nice Christmas. Was my nephews first Christmas, brother and his Wife were excited, and he seemed to enjoy it even though he's not even 1 yet. Loved grabbing and slamming pretty much every toy with a joyful screech. He got a block tower, a toy phone (but like, 1998 phone lol), a light-up doll or two, and my favorites being two Kirby Plushies that are bigger than him (A sword Kirby, and a Kirby that looks like its modeled after Kirby running with something in his mouth, puffed up, arms in the air, etc). The second said Kirby is so GD Fluffy and squeezable I wanted to keep it myself.

Brothers got me, coincidentally, a Meta Knight plush and a Doctor Kirby plush to add to my 'display bookshelf'. Got a beard comb that looks like a switchblade, a couple neat shirts and Sweatshirts, some novelty socks... also my Cats got their own stocking filled with mostly Cat Treats. Ose loves the treats, Mihli couldn't care less lol, but they both enjoy the light up jingle bells toy.

On the giving side, I got my brother a replica Excalibur from FFXI from Etsy, from a man who posts them on the XIAH forums. It came pretty much finished but I did some small details (Painted the center part which was a dark blue in game, added some leather to the grip), did some other touches not shown in this early picture, but including fixing the glue stain near the connector parts, painting the blade itself a metallic silver to make it more consistent from top to bottom, and using a dremel to "sand it down" a bit and drilling two holes and putting two medal rods between those connection points with super glue to give it some extra stability (though it comes with connection options already that work just fine, I just know my brother...)

Spoiler: show

I gave my little brother, the happy father, a replica Thorn from Destiny. Was his favorite gun in D1 and it wasn't terribly expensive. It has a functioning trigger and you can even slide open the (thing) and "reload" it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Went to get some 7-11 last night and forgot my mask lol so i said fuck it. Got chinese today tho

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Oh! I forgot to mention my friends had left their Raclette Grill at our house on Thanksgiving, turns out they bought another and told us we could keep the other one. Hurray! Anyone else do raclette? Any unique things you do with it? We have to order the raclette cheese. I am hoping the trned continues so that more will make it here.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Mother insisted on coming up today. Gave me an envelope with 5 20 dollar bills then another 20 dollars to cover after we got take-out at my favorite Mexican restaurant

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wife and I got Covid.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Wife and I got Covid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Oh no. I hope it's mild.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ewww, any idea where you picked it up from?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Got a bottle of Snoop Dogg red wine.

The 19 crimes label of wines are delicious though and the Cali Red is one of my favorites actually. Definitely check out the others , usually on sale at safeway here in California or Cost Plus World Market.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    The 19 crimes label of wines are delicious though and the Cali Red is one of my favorites actually. Definitely check out the others , usually on sale at safeway here in California or Cost Plus World Market.

Good to know. Sadly this bottle is getting regifted. Wife and I don’t really drink anymore.