+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homeless Terrorism     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Homeless Terrorism

Not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. Feel free to move it if it belongs elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/srobertsontv/sta...82873448480768

https://www.q13fox.com/news/demonstr...or-sixth-night

FIFE, Wash. - For the past several days, a South Sound hotel owner has found himself in the crosshairs of a demonstration aimed at saving the lives of our region’s homeless.

A group called Tacoma Housing Now kicked off the occupation on Christmas Eve when more than a dozen people checked into the Travelodge hotel in Fife. They reserved the rooms for one night, but never checked out and have not paid. The bill, says a THN spokesperson, has been forwarded to Pierce County elected leaders, claiming officials have neglected to properly care for the region’s homeless.
    Another source: (sounds biased, but has good info)

https://mynorthwest.com/2403658/rant...se-travelodge/

Here's the group's Twitter if you want to see the things they're saying:

https://twitter.com/TacHousing

As someone who works at a hotel, I hate these people for the way they are doing this and putting the hotel in the middle of everything without a choice in the matter.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

One could say local officials put the hotels in that spot by not properly addressing poverty in their town

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

but really should one

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Only if we can verbally agreed to ignore the homeless in our town

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

we break up their camps a few times year here, no one is ignored

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Breaking up camps doesn't solve the issue of homelessness it just moves it somewhere else. It's still ignoring it and them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hey now come on you know it's not as much ignoring as literally ignoring

the homeless, not homelessness. we do better ignoring the latter

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

i make sure to step over the homeless at night so i don't wake them

some could call me a saint

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    i make sure to step over the homeless at night so i don't wake them

some could call me a saint
    Or a terrorist

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I probably should have just made a Homeless thread for the original post, but oh well.

Anyways, update that the police finally got involved and evicted them from the property. They left voluntarily and seems like they'll be staying at the Rescue Mission.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...248156190.html

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd be timely to have a homeless thread, seeing as how we're about to have a massive amount of newly homeless people.

Unless they freeze evictions for all of 2021, whenever the current protections do run out it's going to get nas~tay.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

As much as I didn't mind the homeless sleeping at the park across the street from my house, war was declared when the mentally unstable one chucked a solid pine cone into the bathroom window breaking it. Then started yelling about conspiracies then kept on escalating further and further. The neighborhood called the cops on him a ton of times to no avail. Eventually, the homeless guy called the cops on my neighbor for allegedly pointing a gun at him which resulted in like 6 police units and a firetruck converging on my street corner. Then it escalated the following day to 20 police units and a helicopter. The city a few weeks later swept all the homeless out of the park.

Homeless people can do whatever the hell they want at that park as long as they don't piss off everyone else living adjacent to it.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And the mental homeless guy somehow got a car and is blaring the horn and yelling rants in the middle of the street for the past 2 hours starting at 1:30am. Called the cops. They can't do anything. Today is going to suck at work!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For most of 2019 and up until the pandemic started I drove by a fairly big homeless encampment underneath I45 in Dallas. Best shot through downtown to the other side with the fewest amounts of turns.
    Anyway, 5 to 15 cars and a few tents on any given day. Less in winter, more in summer. It had been steadily growing since I started driving by it.

I stated taking the suddenly empty freeways because my ass still had to go to the office and hadn't gone by it until today.

This was a street that was bisected by a freeway enterchange. Part of the street went all the way under I45, so people could use the raised roadway for shelter. A row of 30+ year old tree's had grown up to the height of the roadway.

My normal way going back was blocked by a train malfunction and I found myself going that way since it doesn't go near the light rail.

It's all gone. The streets still there but they flattened everything within 100 feet of the freeway and are preparing to start replacing the interchange and using that street as the staging area.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It happened again:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...nives-hatchets

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...d-50dda875198a

Excerpt from King5:
    OLYMPIA, Wash. — Police in Olympia arrested at least a dozen people after they occupied the Red Lion hotel in the 600 block of Capitol Way South near the state Capitol grounds Sunday.

Police received multiple 911 calls from employees at the Red Lion around 11 a.m. Sunday saying numerous individuals were entering their lobby armed with batons, knives and axes. One employee was assaulted as they tried to close the doors and the rest fled to the basement, according to an Olympia police spokesperson.

The group has since been identified as Oly Housing Now, a homeless activist group, according to a city press release. The group had reserved 17 rooms before the occupation, which were being used by unhoused individuals, city officials said.