BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    The whole plot doesn't make sense to me. I'm gonna get revenge by starting over and having them do the same shit to me I wanted to get revenge for so I can get revenge slightly earlier?
    Anime doesnt show some plot element's that show up in the manga that are Important.

Time Travel reset's him to level 1.
    He get's the eye's that reveal's all so he's able to know exactly how strong his opponents are so he plan how much strength he needs before challenging them.
    Flare is actually able to track other Heroes Position because of being one herself: He cant escape her or outrun her as she's the princess and he HAS to deal with her first.
    She's also level 25 at the time they meet. He's level one and is has no power at the time so he has to endure it to be able to increase his level and stats to a point he can fight back.
    He's unable to to escape or run so his only option is to beef up his resistances a lot quicker by eating as much toxic plans as possible to reduce the time it takes to get "Drug Resistance". He didnt recover in the first run until 3 years had passed, so he had to reduce this down as much as possible so he could recover far earlier and before his enemies became too powerful.
    He also leeches exp from the maids to raise his own level faster. By the time it's time to heal Kureya he's already lvl5. He also copies her abilities while healing her to have sword skills later on.
    The first time he was knocked out entirely but this time he fakes it to hear how Flare reacts, when he dismisses him and kicks him that's his confirmation to go ahead with his revenge plan.
    He has to endure the shit he get's in the dungeon because he needs to steal abilities as well as exp in order to have tools to fight back. Dungeon Torture is also where he get's pain resistance as well to avoid being knocked out by his own powers.
    He is also able to rearrange his stats points though he's limited by total amount he has, he does this before taking out the guard captain by transferring points from MP and Magic Def to Attack and Defence.

Think what make's it so entertaining is as horrid as the MC can be at time's, those he fight's usually tend to me far worse to the point that when they get their comeuppance they definitely had it coming..

This anime is so bad it makes me want to apologize to isekai shows, and that's something.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Surprisingly, haven't seen as many people shocked and appalled online despite the anime being far worse with "triggering" aspects than Shield Hero or episode one of Goblin Slayer. Guess people had ample warning ahead of time or this gen of anime watchers finally got desensitized lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What was wrong with shield hero? I don't remember anything that blasphemous to get up in arms over. Or was it the initial bit where when the main buys Raphtalia and sort of thought about abusing her as revenge (but he never followed through. maybe different to light novel, didn't read).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kept seeing people bitch about how the Hero engages in slavery and him having misogynistic tendencies. It was kinda wtf and it caught me off guard that it was a thing lol.

The outrage I saw was more about the princess lying about being raped and how #MeToo is a joke because of it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not really winter 2021 except that Heaven's Feel 3 may be out on Bluray soon, is there a recommended viewing order/list for Fate shows? Only one I've seen is UBW and it's been years but after finally getting around to watching Kimetsu no Yaiba I'm on a Ufotable kick now (and I know they didn't do ALL of Fate, but a significant chunk)

The old, old Fate anime is a crude mash up of a few paths, so while you can watch it, I'd generally say UBW covered most of what you'd need to know.

Fate/Zero is basically a prequel where they cover the previous grail war and you get some insight on Emiya's adoptive father.

In the optional categories you have Fate/Apocrypha, which has no immediate ties to the prior two.

Grand Order is essentially the set-up movie for the mobile game, but don't assume it's trash. Unfortunately, they skipped like half the game jumping to Babylonia arc, but I'd still say they're collectively worth a watch.

Fate/Extra was an old PS Vita game, I think, where it's similar to Apocrypha in that it's not really tied to the "main" origin stories despite being same universe. I'm inclined to call this one a pass, but if you have nothing else to watch, it's probably still on Netflix.

The Case Files follow Waver, who you'd be introduced to in Zero, and should basically be considered a few short movies broken up into episodic format. Like Apocrypha and Extra, I'd call it optional, but it's also something a little different and probably worth a watch if you wind up liking the mainline.

Never watched Ilya or the cooking one. Think people are kinda iffy on the first due to potential sexualization of minors, while the second probably tried to be more of a feelgood show. Carnival Phantasm is another one, it seems, but never watched that or heard much about it, either.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The first season of Re:Zero was good but didn't really draw me in as a major fan. The 2nd season on the other hand, both part 1 and the now airing part 2 are ridiculous. Really making me want to read the LN's and spoil what's to come. So good

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can't do emo anime; S1 of re:zero was too much for me (same for things like Shield Hero), but perhaps will take another look. This season has been meh for me; Dr. Stone carrying the flag right now. Also dabbling in the Spider one and some other isekai, but pretty light.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Most of the new stuff this season is ass they made a new Wixoss anime and took out everything that made the first run good and replaced it with idol shit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm impressed that Log Horizon managed to turn Akiba into a repressive dictatorship masquerading as a democracy in less than one episode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Honestly, the end track for S2 of Jujutsu is better than the rest of the winter anime season combined. It’s a good thing this show exists.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Honestly, the end track for S2 of Jujutsu is better than the rest of the winter anime season combined. It’s a good thing this show exists.
    Most of the OST has been great really. I especially can't wait for the official release of Fushiguro's theme that plays when he's about to use that move on Sukuna in episode 5. Probably one of my favorite tracks in general. It sucks that none of the covers I've heard even come close to the real thing.

That arpeggio part is so fucking good.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Y'all just getting old. Lotsa great stuff this season

Between isekai 1 to 5, rape fantasies and EX-Arms I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

Like maybe 2 things worth watching that aren't sequels. But it's fine, only a month until some interesting games come out and I can forget this season existed.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah okay you got a point. Outside of Spider girl isekai and the last dungeon comedy (both of which are great), EVERYTHING else I'm watching is a sequel (all of which are great too). I am kind of watching the occasional bit of Horimiya, and I should be watching Mushoku Tensei as well, but I haven't really bothered to keep up with it yet.

That being said I'm watching a shit-ton of new seasons of anime I've watched before. But in my defence, at the beginning of this thread and even in the fall 2020 thread when I talked about this cour, most of my hype was because of all the new sequels

Shit convos like this are a big reason why anime discussions died off here. We get it, some of you are snobs with superior tastes. Let everyone else like what they like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast