+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Final anime season started last night. Was a great first episode but I have reservations about the use of CG this time around. Seems like they used it in the most awkward places compared to previous seasons.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't anything super jarring about the CG, or I was just tired and didn't notice. It wasn't as bad as the horses in season 2, that's for sure. I wasn't even sure I was watching the correct anime for the first few minutes

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dawn of the Final Season

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

where do you fellas watch this

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hulu has em day of or day after I think. Honestly Hulu has made watching this series so easy over the years.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Its also on Crunchyroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This first episode (of season 4) / episode 60 is really good I thought. I wasn't expecting much but memories of reading the manga came flooding back to me, the sense of amazement and unknown being fully animated on screen was simply amazing (because at the time it was really rather confusing but yet it feels nice due to it being completely unknown). All the birds in the episode though were slowly pissing me off because of the latest manga chapter hahaha

It was rather nice for once to see fighting that wasn't spidermans with swords vs titan or titan vs titan.

MANGA READERS DISCUSSION: (edit: now I begin to wonder if anyone isn't a reader but to respect possible spoilers I'll stay safe):

Spoiler: show
    That was Jean in the last shot reading the paper right? Without going back to check on the manga, I don't think it was apparent that the island was infiltrated already until we see fake injury Eren and then people began to heavily suspect which is 2 or 3 chapters on. This shot must've been added in to foreshadow it as a means of a setup? I'm also glad that the warhammer chapter is only approximately 4 episodes away because maybe the feeling of waiting 1 year for the story to progress, I thought the next 10 eps or so would be a drag but looking at the chapter list now I'm glad we're actually progressing nicely at 2 chapters per episode.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shit didn't realize s4 started already lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, this part of the story was so much slow exposition in a manga that it should translate into a small amount of episodes to get through it all when voiced.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah agree, I initially thought it would take 10~ eps to get through it all but I only magnified that number because of the year and a bit it took to get to the second meaty bit of the arc due to chapters coming out monthly, so it feels a lot longer than necessary. However after looking at the chapter list it really wasn't that much at all in the grand scheme of things.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh god I forgot how behind the anime was.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know some of AoT has been abridged from the manga. I never read it. From what I understand it was the more "boring" part of the series, though I've always enjoyed the politics of the show. So far in this last season is it the same? Also was there always
    Spoiler: show
    a time jump? Or did they just use it to cut out some of the exposition?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Besides them adding some hints here and there for a future event, the season is following the manga as is, no cuts, at a pace of approximately 2 chapters to an episode

Currently chapter is 135, final season began on chapter 91
    The Final Season is set for 16 episodes though...

Unless the anime pulls an Eva on us and makes us wait for a feature length movie to wrap the series up.

edit: some may say it's boring, but I think this final season in its current setting is very important for the things to come, the world building and also the shift in narrative I feel is important for later on

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm enjoying it a lot. I also wouldn't put it past them to make a spectacle out of the finale. Like you suggested, a movie to make more money and ends with a bang. But AoT aside from the first season hasn't really run with the conventional number of episodes so who knows.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Going through it these chapters were excruciating cause it was so slow following a major time skip where we were now starved for information on the new world. payoff is worth tho, if you're an anime only person. I can totally see some episodes being 2.5-3.5 manga chapters in length, especially the later and more current ones which is a lot of panels of action which translates on screen rather quickly.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    But AoT aside from the first season hasn't really run with the conventional
    I feel the entire manga/anime is unconventional in a good way:

For example, the genre shifts between S1-4
    Our mascot titan appeared like 4 times in total
    Our protagonist pilots his titan like 6 main times total (so far up to S4E3) and none of it his battles were that effective (S1 ending didn't count as it was done to literally spice up the finale, in the manga this form never appeared and in that fight Eren was on the losing end until things got desperate, causing Annie to try and flea) barring that fight against Rod Reiss titan. Though he got his win on his rematch against Reiner he got booted away disappointingly by Bertholt (though to be fair a fight against him is too unconventional and for plot purposes it was probably easier to do that).

I like it, the anime goes off rails across its seasons stacked with surprises and twists. Most anime is quite predictable and expected based on cover of the show/manga and the summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I can totally see some episodes being 2.5-3.5 manga chapters in length, especially the later and more current ones which is a lot of panels of action which translates on screen rather quickly.
    Ah yeah I didn't take that into consideration, so perhaps we'll be able to wrap up Chapter 100-105 in just 2 episodes then; it HAS to end in 105 of course.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I'm liking the new season so far and the pacing is good. That opening is by far the weakest I've seen for AoT, or any anime for that matter. Wit Studio was hard to top but MAPPA didn't even try.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah the opening is disappointing

just give me that sasagio or w/e song from season 2's intro and i'm ready to run through a wall

I like the intro, lately they've been super symbolic and fucked up and tends to fit the season well. ED as well.

Sasageyo is cool and all but doesn't really fit the mood anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag