+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Final Season Episode 4 - again, much boring/setting up.

Next episode should be absolutely grand though, I cannot wait. Although with the current pace, I doubt any sparks will fly until at least half way into the episode as there is some more groundwork to be placed (Eren and Reiner talking, and the speech)

Also, manga is set to end at Volume 34. Here's a tweet, spoilered:

EDIT: I removed tweet as the preview is not staying inside spoiler tag

Meaning there's only an approximate 3-5 chapters left, although I absolutely cannot imagine how they intend to wrap up the current clusterfuck in just 5~ chapters.

edit 2: i want to post my predictions, spoilers for next episode:

Spoiler: show
    To go with the current pacing, assuming the fireworks don't start until midway into the episode, the events should trail as follows:

Eren and Reiner
    Speech
    <BOOM>
    Eren starts rampaging
    The warhammer titan is revealed
    <intermission>/half way point
    Eren and Warhammer duke it out
    EPIC OST NEEDED PLEASE!
    The fight should be fast paced with no need for filler. They need to demonstrate very clearly here how much Eren has advanced in combat experience and in controlling his Titan. It should also be full of gore ideally to demonstrate the power of the warhammer too; this is so far its only chance to shine and it must do its appearance justice.
    Episode should end as Mikasa asks him to come home.
    This will swing nicely into the next episode where it should end on chapter 105.

Was anyone surprised on who the warhammer titan was when they read the manga? lol

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bleach anyone?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I see this current Marley setting completing inside of 2-3 episodes, by episode 7.
    Like, on the way home by the end of 7.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Man imagine being anime only and it going off air next week with that cliffhanger.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So they said the manga is gonna end in June 2021 or thereabout. The anime is either going to have to take break, or the author told them what is gonna happen, but there might not be anything to go off of but rough illustrations. So the idea of a movie is sounding more and more likely unless they do 12/12 (unlikely due to how many chapters are left or 10/10.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This season seems to be a weird 16 eps so either its coming back for a mini 8 ep season or a movie is happening.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Absolutely no way they finish in 16 episodes. Like, 16 episodes for the first half of the season would make sense, but there's just way too much shit to cover still.

Do 16, take a break. Come back and finish up side by side with the manga.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I must be the only one who thinks they have jjuussttt enough episodes to get this done as expected. We'll be back on paradis by ep8, leaving 12ish episodes to cover
    the clan exposition and attempt to make a deal with the world to live in peace, civil war on the island, and that leads immediately into the current Stop Eren arc. I'm thinking 12/12 season split, but even a 10/10 might get it done.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Genuine question as somebody who pretty much only follows the anime. I know very soft spoilers for a couple things.

I know there's still several chapters left, but my question, has the payoff been worth it?

Where I am now in the anime (current) I love how everything has led to something else. A lot of people regard season 2 as trash because Season 1 was fantastic (though it did have its slow points) and there was a 4 year wait and it was like "This long wait for THIS!?" but in the grand scheme of things mostly everything that has happened is important in some way or another in the plot moving forward.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I must be the only one who thinks they have jjuussttt enough episodes to get this done as expected. We'll be back on paradis by ep8, leaving 12ish episodes to cover
    the clan exposition and attempt to make a deal with the world to live in peace, civil war on the island, and that leads immediately into the current Stop Eren arc. I'm thinking 12/12 season split, but even a 10/10 might get it done.

8 + 12 = 20. Not 16.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Genuine question as somebody who pretty much only follows the anime. I know very soft spoilers for a couple things.

I know there's still several chapters left, but my question, has the payoff been worth it?

Where I am now in the anime (current) I love how everything has led to something else. A lot of people regard season 2 as trash because Season 1 was fantastic (though it did have its slow points) and there was a 4 year wait and it was like "This long wait for THIS!?" but in the grand scheme of things mostly everything that has happened is important in some way or another in the plot moving forward.
    Yes. You ain't ready.

All I'm gonna say.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Huh? I'm saying even if there was only 10/10 total episodes that there's probably enough time to still cover everything and not cut stuff from the manga. At 12/12 I'm pretty confident it's plenty. Idr if there was confirmation on the season length or not, feel like we've had this convo before lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

12/12 I totally buy. But even by your count 16 episodes is nowhere near enough lol. Honestly though, with this final arc, its got another 6 big chapters left in it?

Thats gonna be a fuckton to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post

Yes. Payoff is worth it. Everything is connected. It really feels like everything in this story has been planned out since day 1.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Huh? I'm saying even if there was only 10/10 total episodes that there's probably enough time to still cover everything and not cut stuff from the manga. At 12/12 I'm pretty confident it's plenty. Idr if there was confirmation on the season length or not, feel like we've had this convo before lol

But the current season is 16 eps. Idk where you're getting 10/10 and 12/12

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    But the current season is 16 eps. Idk where you're getting 10/10 and 12/12
    Oh that's what I was asking, was it confirmed for length cause idr.

Super manga spoiler
    there's so much expediting they can do once they get to paradis. So so so much. From the walls crumbling, to them getting an airplane, to them finding and starting the fight with Eren, that's like 2 episodes tops where as that took like half a year in the manga lol. Everything with the azimbo(so?) Clan and sueing for peace is not even a full episode, leaving the civil war/rebellion to take place over 3ish episodes?

Just think back to how long it took us to get thru the Kenny and Rob Reiss arc. In the manga it felt like ages, but in the anime that whole arc came and went reallll quick.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That's what I'm finding. It's why it started a month early so it can finish the same time as the rest of the winter shows. Which is why we're predicting a gap + more eps or a movie

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think I need to rewatch part of season 3, these first 4 episodes of season 4, I have no fucking clue what’s going on. I mean I get the idea a little bit, but I’m barely following the story (not read the manga).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I think I need to rewatch part of season 3, these first 4 episodes of season 4, I have no fucking clue what’s going on. I mean I get the idea a little bit, but I’m barely following the story (not read the manga).
    Without spoilering, you'll know everything by the time the anime catches up. What's happening now makes more sense later anyways, but those episodes are really good so w/e watch it again lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I’m pretty sure a ton of us felt the same way when the manga reached this part. It’ll all come together soon. Just gotta have some patience.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Attack on Titan manga to officially end on April 9 with the release of the final chapter.

https://www.dualshockers.com/attack-...ajime-isayama/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag