Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A couple of the cg/animation mixes look a little jarring like in episode 1 with the beast titan, but overall I have no complaints about this season at all. You want bad, go look at the travesty that is Berserk. The last episode when all the scouts came I was pretty hype. I even like the OP and ED a bunch. Really fits with the tone.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Animations fine, 3D is also much better than it was when we first saw it in Season 2.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    A couple of the cg/animation mixes look a little jarring like in episode 1 with the beast titan, but overall I have no complaints about this season at all. You want bad, go look at the travesty that is Berserk. The last episode when all the scouts came I was pretty hype. I even like the OP and ED a bunch. Really fits with the tone.
    ugh don't bring that shit up.

I mentioned already the CG was weird and looked bad, it still does but at least everything else looks alright. I hope they pull their shit together because this isn't a great look to end the series on.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since I just recently caught up on the anime, I am a bit out of the loop. Was there a reason why WIT couldn't do the 4th season? If it was a timing issue, why couldn't they just wait for the Manga to finish in April? Some of the responses I am reading sounds like the producers wanted to get the 4th season on the air ASAP and WIT didn't want to commit to a speedy timeline.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Animating and art looks fine to me I have no problems except the down to the wire season length and release, but if they can squeeze it all in with zero cuts and on time then I think from start to finish this anime is officially and canonically top tier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Try EX-Arm. How that absolute disaster of a show managed to see the light of day with such low quality animation shocks and surprises even me. If anything the animation on Attack on Titan is fine and hardly an issue for me, it still looks very well and it's not like a blue ray release can't fix any minor flaws down the road.

The dip in quality is obvious to me but it mostly applies to the Titans (which look fucking awful compared to previous seasons) who they aren't even trying to make look good. At least they hide the obviously bad CG a bit for the scouts but I don't think we're ever getting Levi vs MP quality again.

People managed to enjoy/not care about Berserk 2017 when it came out so there's no accounting for standards. I'mma keep being distracted by bad CG and wincing every time they use it for no reason. At least I understand some of the big/complicated movements, but they use it for titans just standing around doing nothing. It's real jarring and barely consistent.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Since I just recently caught up on the anime, I am a bit out of the loop. Was there a reason why WIT couldn't do the 4th season? If it was a timing issue, why couldn't they just wait for the Manga to finish in April? Some of the responses I am reading sounds like the producers wanted to get the 4th season on the air ASAP and WIT didn't want to commit to a speedy timeline.
    Staff and animators hated working on the show. Studio WIT was also bleeding talent and behind in animation schedule (show had breaks during weekly airing).

I’m surprised many didn’t notice the decrease in animation quality during Season 3 run, they were doing many animation tricks to save time. At least the action was good.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Moved most the posts from Ker's announcement of season 3 to a new thread since the last one was well over 50 (like 54) pages >.>

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Guuulk!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

saw a comment that made me chuckle.

Spoiler: show
    i guess they couldnt afford the bluetooth warhammer

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Episode 7 is awesome man, Eren is so savage. As I keep saying it's really cool to see them like this instead of constantly being on the back foot! :D

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow.. what an episode. It's really difficult to root for team Jaeger and co. seeing what they're doing. I get they're doing a parallel to the first season. But it's still not easy to watch. It kind of makes me feel sick, which I guess is the point. So it's doing it's job well.

I just read somewhere that the final season was to have 16 episodes on the blu-ray release, so I guess that's our count. I suspect after episode 8 there will be a cliffhanger and then a break for a few months so the manga can finish? Seeing as how nothing past Feb 3rd has been announced.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah we were talking this a few pages back.

Episode 16 will end at a pivotal moment, which of course is the best bit to wrap up for the season to a cliffhanger.
    Manga's going to finish in April (or May?)
    A movie (ala The End of Evangelion) is expected to be released to wrap it up, if not then a Part 2 final season. A movie might make pacing better. Alternatively it's possible they want to milk in the movie ticket sales, a bit like Demon Slayer movie.

If none of the above, the next 8 eps will be an anime original ending <trollface>

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Uh, do you read the manga? Entirely possible they still wrap it up by episode 16. Maybe the final episode is a two parter.

Or maybe they do an OVA to finish it. Still possible

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's gonna be rushed as hell if they wrap up in 16 eps. There's only 9 more.

This episode covered up to Chapter 104. The manga is gonna finish on 139 or 140.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah we're on ep 7 at the moment, at roughly 2 chapters an episode. Covering the remaining 36~ chapters in 9 eps seems like a tall order

Leaning toward a split season, personally, with the alternative being shit is stupidly rushed and disappointing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Probably just gonna end on a cliffhanger with an OVA to finish off the series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag