FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

GameSTONKS Thread - Power to the meme's

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Idk crypto seems more like investing in state fair tickets to me.
    Make sure to rub the lotion on that big brain at least 3 times a day. You wouldn’t want to dry that fine specimen out with such profound statements.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Don't mess with Sath's funnel cake.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

It really is exactly like statefair tickets, or arcade coins or any of the like. I mean, honestly. Sure it's worth something to someone. If it suddenly jumps to a million dollars... no one is going to buy it, so yeah, you've got 5 trillion dollars of shit with no value.

Just another beenie baby, pog, or magic card. It's cute and everyone loves it till it's not. There is unequivocally money to be made, until there isn't.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Make sure to rub the lotion on that big brain at least 3 times a day. You wouldn’t want to dry that fine specimen out with such profound statements.
    Want to buy me that lotion with all your crypto tendies?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    It really is exactly like statefair tickets, or arcade coins or any of the like. I mean, honestly. Sure it's worth something to someone. If it suddenly jumps to a million dollars... no one is going to buy it, so yeah, you've got 5 trillion dollars of shit with no value.

Just another beenie baby, pog, or magic card. It's cute and everyone loves it till it's not. There is unequivocally money to be made, until there isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Also, I bought some more bitcoin on a whim that there may be some pushback against the centralization surrounding the market and users flood to crypto. I don't know a damn thing about it other than I have to use it for a few things I pay for on a regular basis. I'll hold for awhile and see what happens. Would've bought Doge, but too lazy to register at some other site tonight.
    since I made this post in January, bitcoin has went from 35k to over 50k. After cashing out GME, I made a nice little chunk on bitcoin. Thank God I didn't buy DOGE, the day I made this post, DOGE hit peak, then dropped. Hasn't recovered.

It's all fucking monopoly money. That I can buy real shit with. Also, I'm incredibly fucking lucky.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Also, the comparisons you are making fall apart considering there are things you buy on the internet that require bitcoin as a currency. There wasn't a beanie baby or pog currency. Furthermore, even legitimate retailers are accepting bitcoin as payment. There's fucking bitcoin ATMs now. You'll have to point me to the coke machine I can stuff my pog collection into.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

These are all very big brain posts while the US money printer is going brrrr and gold may be about to break down from multi-decade support as BTC crosses the threshold into a $1T asset.

I truly, truly do not care what you do with your money. But just because you're old enough to remember when BTC was truly a magic internet money meme and you harbor unsettled saltiness about not keeping the 5000 BTC you probably mined for $0.30 for a laugh in 2010 doesn't change the fact that it is no longer something that can just "lol go to zero".

We can all laugh about a pickle rick coin mooning or DOGE mooning and if you wanna trade it, go ahead, but at some point you guys on an internet gaming forum might realize that you're on the wrong side of this one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, the comparisons you are making fall apart considering there are things you buy on the internet that require bitcoin as a currency. There wasn't a beanie baby or pog currency. Furthermore, even legitimate retailers are accepting bitcoin as payment. There's fucking bitcoin ATMs now. You'll have to point me to the coke machine I can stuff my pog collection into.
    But Tyche, don't you see?! It's tulip mania all over again!

It's tulips man!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There is fried cheese on a stick I can buy with State Fair tickets and that's close enough.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yes, bitcoin makes a lot of sense as a reserve currency as long as everyone agrees it is a reserve currency.

The rationale is that the supply is finite and it has the lowest inflation rate (due to increasing supply) of any crypto because it started first. Right now the inflation rate is lower than gold because gold mines annually produce a larger %-increase of the gold supply than btc miners produce of btc. The inflation rate is, iirc, not lower than gold if you consider only probably-accessible BTCs.

There are a handful of theoretical threats to it and the only viable one is regulatory, which would hit all crypto if it hit BTC.

So no, BTC has genuine merit as a reserve currency if you were going to pick a crypto, which is why the big bois hopped on pop in the last few months.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you're afraid of Bitcoin just buy riot and make money off of Bitcoin without actually having Bitcoin.

Then you can buy options and make stupid money like the rest of us.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    If you're afraid of Bitcoin just buy riot and make money off of Bitcoin without actually having Bitcoin.

Then you can buy options and make stupid money like the rest of us.
    Wouldn't BTC options on a non-BTC equity be inherently more risky? Since BTC is global currency a regulatory scare could cause faithlessness in US investors, and RIOT as a result, without having an equal effect throughout the global market.

The amount of times we have heard "China is banning BTC!" has made the market largely immune to sweeping regulation on BTC itself. I'm genuinely curious about this though, I'm not sure what the trust backing is for the RIOT equity and how much it is driven by US investor perception of BTC performance vs. actual performance of BTC or global perception of BTC.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you have questions or use your brain then options aren't for you anyway so it doesn't matter it's just gambling and if they're far enough out like leaps then you won't get killed off of instant news.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Seth, you ready for ETH to break the 2k? We're like 40 bucks away. ADA too will def break the 1 buck any moment now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Seth, you ready for ETH to break the 2k? We're like 40 bucks away. ADA too will def break the 1 buck any moment now.
    I’m really underwhelmed by ETH tbh. I have a very large position and I missed a lot of good opportunities maintaining it for the past like 2 weeks for what really will amount to be like 25%.

If it doesn’t start to perform better the alt market is going to be hard to predict.

Also, keep your eye on the BSC / CAKE stuff happening right now. CZ has plopped his dick on the table this week and it is becoming apparent how much of an ecosystem he has built up for himself over there. A lot of money is flocking to BSC, which is why DeFi is down across the board today.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

That's why SUSHI and AAVE are taking a dump rn. I've been following CAKE and their sports tokens. But yeah, missed the BNB pump. I just have a few for the trading discount.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

ADA Kek, hopefully the asians don't dump over the weekend. Still stoked about the Mary update coming next weekish, now if fucking ETH moved.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

One of my small sells hit on that. Rotated it into this BNB dip. I am gonna ride this CZ train a while.

Also, I unmuted whalecalls earlier. This is so beautiful.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

BNB is looking to be the safest bet atm. I almost fomo'd today but the 600% pump over the last month bugs me mang. I'll have my eye on it tho, I think it will retrace even more over the weekend.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

oh my ada doin something