Closed Thread
Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I've decided that I'm middle class, I've cashed enough for an OLED, all my initial investment, and a little more. I'm riding the rest of this out til the shorts are settled and I make an unthinkable amount of money. Or this gets fixed and falls through and I lose what I have. I'm happy with what I've gotten out of this already.
    F that. I went from 2k to 17k this week. If I get another opportunity for decent priced but super OTM options I'm putting 10k of that 17k in there. If it fails then cool, I'm still up 5k for the week. If it hits like some others have then I'm walking away with a million.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    How do I sell a contract? I was just gonna cash out of my stock through whatever happens when I click sell on the account website.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure to sell one from scratch you gotta be on a margin account. Otherwise, you can buy them on a cash account with options enabled. Gotta request that from the broker.

I'm on a cash account, so I can only sell what I've already brought. I can't sell a new put, even if I have the underlying shares to follow thru on the contract. But if I had a put already, I can sell that individual one before it expires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/game...regulator.html

“The marketplace should be a place where risk is taken, but not reckless risk and not a situation that undermines the system and that’s what we’re looking at here,” Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth William Galvin said on “The Exchange.”

Galvin, who has served in his role for more than two decades, pointed to the fact that more than 100% of GameStop shares had been shorted prior to the epic short squeeze driven largely by retail investors who hyped the stock in online forums such as Reddit. He said the size of short position creates structural risk and “has to be addressed immediately.”

Galvin’s comments Wednesday came shortly after brokerage TD Ameritrade put trading limits on stocks including GameStop and AMC Entertainment. The beleaguered movie theater chain also has seen its shares soar recently, including an intraday gain of more than 250% so far Wednesday.

Charles Schwab also has put in place limits on certain activities involving GameStop shares. “At Schwab, we changed our margin requirements on GME to ‘non-marginable’ on January 13, 2021, and have put restrictions in place on certain transactions in GME and other securities,” a spokesperson told CNBC.

Galvin contends the New York Stock Exchange should put in place a 30-day trading halt on GameStop shares. He said he believes the trading action is a particular problem for individual investors, some of whom may be newcomers who began buying stocks during the coronavirus pandemic trading boom.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    They did a 1 for 100 reverse stock split in 2019.
    I'm looking at the 2012-2014 prices.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

That's what I'm saying. I've already cashed out what I put in and more. I didn't sell everything I have. I still have 90% of what I bought 3 weeks ago. I'm going to either let that take me to the moon or crater to the ground.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dude has it backwards. The shorts started this, he's just trying to cover his ass cause he doesn't want to die broke

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Could have doubled my money on Salad's Koss idea too.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thought you guys might find this funny/interesting.

Told my mom about what is happening this morning (she does diverse stocks) and suggested she throw in $100 into AMC.

She called me later saying they are talking about this on the news (She watches only liberal media like CNN and MSNBC) and they are peddling that this is trump supporters who are doing this to fuck with liberals.

I had to explain to her that reddit is mixed but that they banned most of the trump subs, so labeling reddit as a trump-supporter website just means they are scared because those companies probably have been losing money because of this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I am 100% out of everything for the day. I will definitely consider getting back in to positions in the morning if we make it through the night. Don't need to catch $400 -> $1000 to make money, I can catch $700 -> $1000 and make some money that way.

I'm rooting for you guys. I just do not have faith that the govt values the shares of the average investor more than they value those of the large funds.

I've made about 315% profit so far. Can't really be mad at that.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I got in late but up 5% on AMC and 14% on NAKD. Have stop losses entered for both just in case.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I am 100% out of everything for the day. I will definitely consider getting back in to positions in the morning if we make it through the night. Don't need to catch $400 -> $1000 to make money, I can catch $700 -> $1000 and make some money that way.

I'm rooting for you guys. I just do not have faith that the govt values the shares of the average investor more than they value those of the large funds.

I've made about 315% profit so far. Can't really be mad at that.
    My guy

And you were gonna sit this one out

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Government just looking out for the little guys.

“They don’t really understand what they’re doing. I think small-time investors like that, unsophisticated investors, are going to be hurt by this.”

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The real profits were the friends we made along the way.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I'm glad you guys are crushing it, I have literally a 6 figure position in a penny stock that's up over 100% in the past 5 days and there's no public reason why, so I know whenever that reason becomes public it's going to soar further but I have no idea when that will occur so I'm just sitting on that and waiting lol.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

This is why I gave up political ambitions in favor of corporate ambitions, it's where the real power in the world is. Politicians are just funnels to direct their power through.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'm glad you guys are crushing it, I have literally a 6 figure position in a penny stock that's up over 100% in the past 5 days and there's no public reason why, so I know whenever that reason becomes public it's going to soar further but I have no idea when that will occur so I'm just sitting on that and waiting lol.
    The trick is to make memes about the stock.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ghec?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, ups and downs:

Apparently my AMC trades that I thought I had put in order for didn't go through. Had tried to get 100 shares when they were 3 bucks a pop.

..On the other hand, that was the same order that I put in to sell some shares of GS when it was at 60 while holding my remaining half:

So while the AMC order didn't go through (so, missed out on a potential $1700)

Neither did the order to sell those GS shares soooo...

The

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

archie dangling that carrot out there. I'm drooling here.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Well, ups and downs:

Apparently my AMC trades that I thought I had put in order for didn't go through. Had tried to get 100 shares when they were 3 bucks a pop.

..On the other hand, that was the same order that I put in to sell some shares of GS when it was at 60 while holding my remaining half:

So while the AMC order didn't go through (so, missed out on a potential $1700)

Neither did the order to sell those GS shares soooo...

The
    Ahahahaha well played

The avatar makes this

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast