Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Surging after hours.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It originally exploded from sub-2 cents to the mid 20s when it was announced that they were buying an old oil refinery in Bakersfield and renovating it to process their proprietary camelina crop oil for biofuels.

And then fucking ExxonMobil announced a purchase agreement to buy 2.5M barrels of biofuels from them per year for 5 years.

https://bioenergyinternational.com/b...le-diesel-deal

It settled back into the mid teens after that

And has since exploded first to ~35 and now ~80 cents for no publicly known reason. I suspect something big and new happened and the people involved are insider trading the fuck out of it before the blowup but I don't know what it is.
    Btw this is traded on Pinksheets, not like a big market so some of your brokerages probably don't allow trades on it. eTrade does, dunno about Robinhood or Webull or TDA.

They announced they're going to do a 1:10 reverse split sometime (soon?) which would put their share price high enough to get on NASDAQ but I don't know the timeline for the split much less the elevation to NASDAQ. My hope is that if this happens it'll get an influx of normie traders as well who don't trade Pinksheets stock.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    If he sets his shares to sell at $420.69 tho then they can't borrow his shares, no?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    This is true but don’t set it that low

After understanding what is happening a lot better, i have no idea why short-selling is legal. It is literally market manipulation. The majority of the time, these hedge funds have so much money that short-selling almost always works. When it doesn't work, they double down until it does.

The ONLY reason it isn't working this time is that they kept short-selling GME for months until it was run into the ground and they were getting close to almost 150% of the available stocks. They were so greedy about killing this stock that it got the attention of a lot of randos who could convince a bunch of autistics on the internet to invest. And because the stock was so cheap at the start, enough people were willing to go in on it. If they never shorted the stock above the available stocks, no one would have noticed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    After understanding what is happening a lot better, i have no idea why short-selling is legal. It is literally market manipulation. The majority of the time, these hedge funds have so much money that short-selling almost always works. When it doesn't work, they double down until it does.

The ONLY reason it isn't working this time is that they kept short-selling GME for months until it was run into the ground and they were getting close to almost 150% of the available stocks. They were so greedy about killing this stock that it got the attention of a lot of randos who could convince a bunch of autistics on the internet to invest. And because the stock was so cheap at the start, enough people were willing to go in on it. If they never shorted the stock above the available stocks, no one would have noticed.
    All praise the free market???

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

AMC stock is going down fast. Is that normal? Did I fuck this up?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    AMC stick is going down fast. Is that normal? Did I fuck this up?
    Yes you did. This is all your fault.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post

short-selling is legal market manipulation and lobbying is legal bribery, welcome to the big time

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1030010382

Melvin Capital and Citron Research closed their short positions on GameStop stock after the company's massive rally formed an extraordinary short squeeze. The former ate a huge loss when it ended its bearish bet on Tuesday afternoon, CNBC reported.

The Citron managing partner Andrew Left said in a video on Wednesday that most of the firm's position was covered when GameStop traded at about $90 at "a loss of 100%." He added that he maintained a smaller position in the stock.
    "We'll become more judicious when it comes to shorting stocks," Left said. "Doesn't mean the industry is dead, but it just means you have to be more specific."

GameStop short-sellers have lost more than $5 billion in the year to date, according to data from the financial-analytics firm S3 Partners. Back-to-back rallies have pushed out older shorts, but demand to bet against the stock remains "extremely strong," Ihor Dusaniwsky of S3 said.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You guys all really need to watch some YouTube videos, NOT invest in options if you don't know what they are or how they work, and take your time with this shit before you go broke.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's being manipulated. Up to you if you got diamond hands or weak ass shitty paper hands

Hate how mobile YouTube doesn't copy timestamp

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This all feels like bitcoin all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    This all feels like bitcoin all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's $40,000 per internet money coin, Mr. Bitcoin to you.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Honestly koss was the real winner

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Yes you did. This is all your fault.
    I fucking knew it.

BG Level

Amid all this I didn't see that the normal markets got hammered today, Dow down 633!

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I put some into nakd. Let's see how that goes by Friday I suppose

BG Level

TSLA quarterly report today after-hours:

Here are the results, versus what analysts were expecting according to estimates compiled by Refinitiv:

Earnings: 80 cents adj. vs $1.03 per share expected
    Revenue: $10.74 billion vs $10.4 billion expected

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast