BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

No, this is why you don't allow a tipping exception to reduce wages below minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    No, this is why you don't allow a tipping exception to reduce wages below minimum.
    Exactly this. We shouldn't be shamed into subsidizing their pay, the owners need to just pay a real wage. As if a bar doesn't make a damn killing with $5 shots. And if your establishment can't get by without skimming the $5 per hour from your staff I guess you go out of business. Just the market deciding.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Back in the days when Doordash was actively stealing tips, I had a few shifts I did where I only got 5-7 bucks from Doordash for 3-4 hours of work, and the rest of my pay was tips.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Back in the days when Doordash was actively stealing tips, I had a few shifts I did where I only got 5-7 bucks from Doordash for 3-4 hours of work, and the rest of my pay was tips.
    That would be annoying but at least DoorDash lets drivers see the amount before accepting. I know in the past they could see exactly what the tip was before accepting, but too many drivers would just decline low/no tip offers and food would just sit there getting cold at the restaurant. Now there is a huge push for drivers to decline low value orders that are below $7 because the algorithm will increase the base pay each time an order is declined which forces DoorDash to pay drivers more.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Narrator voice: you do not see the full amount.

You now see base pay plus first $5.50 of the tip. If the order gets bounced around a bunch they'll open up a bit more of the tip you'll see, but a lot of the time you don't see it.

Took an order last month for almost three hundred worth of food, showed $16.50 as the minimum pay. Damn order had a $75 dollar tip attached.

So yeah, you'll see the full amount of it is a no tip order, but they hide the tips.

Here's an example of an order that has a higher tip then what is shown.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yup, pretty much.

Do you think she's reporting her cash tips honestly (if given the opportunity)? I know I wouldnt.

She made $717 after taxes and deductions over 70 hours. That $10.24/hr is no $15/hr, but that $15/hr everyone is clamoring for is pre-deductions. How much would that be pre-deductions?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I think the point is moreso why are customers fronting her wages when it's the employers who should be paying her

From my pov anyways. My tip should be on too of a decent wage for my server, not the only way my server survives cause I'm subsidizing the employers wages, on top of me buying their food anyways.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Boom. Headshot.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I think the point is moreso why are customers fronting her wages when it's the employers who should be paying her

From my pov anyways. My tip should be on too of a decent wage for my server, not the only way my server survives cause I'm subsidizing the employers wages, on top of me buying their food anyways.

This is the same thing as "Do you want to donate $1 to Cancer Away?"

No, YOU donate money. Fuck you.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The best is these places will be like "with your help, we donated X dollars to 'charity', you should feel so proud", as they take all the credit, and skim off the top for "costs"

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

And take the tax deduction

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Pacific and Arclight Theaters, two movie theater chains with a common ownership group in Southern California, have opted close permanently despite restrictions lifting. The Arclight closing is equal parts pandemic related and other larger chains like Cinepolis and AMC eating into the segment that it established years prior of having reserved seating, beer and wine service, and theater screens/sound systems that set it apart from AMC, Regal, and all the other chains back in the 2000s.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

that blows man i've been hitting up Arclight for big dick indie and foreign shit for fifteen years. some of my best ever movie going experiences at that joint.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Narrator voice: you do not see the full amount.

You now see base pay plus first $5.50 of the tip. If the order gets bounced around a bunch they'll open up a bit more of the tip you'll see, but a lot of the time you don't see it.

Took an order last month for almost three hundred worth of food, showed $16.50 as the minimum pay. Damn order had a $75 dollar tip attached.

So yeah, you'll see the full amount of it is a no tip order, but they hide the tips.

Here's an example of an order that has a higher tip then what is shown.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Unicorns are hella rare in my area. There are some restaurants that have higher tip payouts because food orders are usually $100+, but people can be stingy. I once took a $150 order to a neighborhood where the minimum home price is around $1.2 Million. Had to walk down a long ass driveway to get to their front door to drop off the food and didn’t receive a tip. Those ones I just laugh it off and figure they didn’t get rich giving handouts...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I've never even been to cali and I know how big a deal that arclight closure is. Sucks man

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Pacific and Arclight Theaters, two movie theater chains with a common ownership group in Southern California, have opted close permanently despite restrictions lifting. The Arclight closing is equal parts pandemic related and other larger chains like Cinepolis and AMC eating into the segment that it established years prior of having reserved seating, beer and wine service, and theater screens/sound systems that set it apart from AMC, Regal, and all the other chains back in the 2000s.
    What the fuck, the Arclight theaters were the best in the business. This sucks ass.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I know. I saw Thor 10 years ago at an Arclight prerelease screening. That sound system was booming and I never got that same experience until Avengers: Endgame in a Dolby Atmos AMC screen. And even then that booming Mjolnir slamming on everything from Thor1 was never matched.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag