+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 144 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Well, look at gas. Already back up to about $1.20 more than it fell to over the past 6 months, but not as much outcry.

It's the gradual approach that does it, and they know what they're doing. Milk and eggs are the outcry right now and in the meantime the reality will hit a lot of people in June when payments resume and loan forgiveness is forgotten about.
    I always buy the store brand when possible. Sometimes it's actually better than the big name brands. If the store has a membership card get one and use it. There is a grocery store chain in my area that also has gas stations. When you shop there you earn fuel points. I got $1.75 off per gallon my last fill up there. It saves quite a bit in the end.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I am largely unaffected by any of this.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I had been wondering where people had been seeing these crazy egg prices and then this week I looked around. The cage free eggs I normally get are like 2-3 dollars cheaper than the “cheep white carton” eggs. People just not looking at prices I swear.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I had been wondering where people had been seeing these crazy egg prices and then this week I looked around. The cage free eggs I normally get are like 2-3 dollars cheaper than the “cheep white carton” eggs. People just not looking at prices I swear.
    Can confirm. The bougie eggs are the same price as the value Walmart pack of eggs.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

The $7+ per dozen eggs were isolated to states where laws require that only cage free eggs are sold. California being the obvious one then a few others joined in last year (CO, MA, MI, NV, OR, UT, WA) such that the supply chain got screwed once the big bird flu cull occurred.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It may not be $7, but a dozen ordinary large white eggs was recently $6 and has been hovering around $4.55 at Aldi for the past few weeks.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

6.50 here in southwest VA

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    6.50 here in southwest VA
    Ordinary dozen of large? Shit son, should stop paying those terrible Wegmans prices.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A new B&B opened by me within the last few years. The service and experience has been so much better I haven't gone back to AMC despite it being closer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I stopped going to the movies post covid and I don't miss it at all. I'd get more enjoyment out of splurging for lobster or something while enjoying the experience better from my couch. I can have a beer, pause it, have a better meal, save time and money, etc. Some people can't get enough of "the experience" of going, but unless you have no audio besides the built in TV then I can't see it.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    A new B&B opened by me within the last few years. The service and experience has been so much better I haven't gone back to AMC despite it being closer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm surrounded by AMCs in my area. 4 within 8 miles of me. Then closer to 12 if I expand it to 20 miles. Then I have about 3 or 4 Laemmles family run theaters that primarily show indie flicks and host private events, 2 Regal, 5 Regency.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think that’s a poor idea unless the ticket prices are standard for the good seats and discounted for the peripheral seats. I do enjoy movie going. But I’m a harkins guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I stopped going to the movies post covid and I don't miss it at all. I'd get more enjoyment out of splurging for lobster or something while enjoying the experience better from my couch. I can have a beer, pause it, have a better meal, save time and money, etc. Some people can't get enough of "the experience" of going, but unless you have no audio besides the built in TV then I can't see it.
    You're missing how movies should be seen though according to Nolan!!! Like having people constantly whispering the most inane shit next to you. My fave of all time was going to End Game to listening to a group of 4 fucking people who had not seen any other Marvel movie loudly trying to figure out what each character's name was.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There are definitely movies that benefit from the Theater experience but it amounts to maybe a handful of films every year.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The theater as an experience died a slow death accelerated by the pandemic. Movies stopped focusing on that experience when it started costing $10 for a bag of fucking popcorn.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    You're missing how movies should be seen though according to Nolan!!! Like having people constantly whispering the most inane shit next to you. My fave of all time was going to End Game to listening to a group of 4 fucking people who had not seen any other Marvel movie loudly trying to figure out what each character's name was.
    I remember seeing the 7th Star Wars. All happy it was back, and not the shitty prequels. Only to have some tool on his phone and then rather loudly gasp to go "OH SHIT, IS THAT HIS SISTER?!"

<sigh>

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I've got one better imo..

When I saw Infinty War there was a big group of people sitting a couple rows behind me. They were all wearing Marvel shirts or caps. 'That's cool' I thought. 'They must all be in a comic book club or something.' At the very end after everyone gets dusted and you see Thanos sitting there on his porch smiling..

They booooed!! Very loudly and kept booing.

Oh man.. it made me so mad I came very close to standing up and chewing them out and call them posers.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I remember seeing the 7th Star Wars. All happy it was back, and not the shitty prequels. Only to have some tool on his phone and then rather loudly gasp to go "OH SHIT, IS THAT HIS SISTER?!"

<sigh>
    My wife and I went to see "A Quiet Place" and two seats away from us a guy took a phone call

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag