+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Also progressives destroyed the only mechanism for sweeping change when they didnt hold their nose in 2016 thus allowing Trump to appoint three SCOTUS seats.
    Lol. After the last few posts from you. It is safe to say you are absolutely hopeless.

You really don't seem to understand how big of an ask your putting on people. Your basically saying "hey please risk your financial stability and human rights on a hail mary pass".
    If you vote nicely and hard enough then all the shit you so insincerely bitch about. Well, it still won't happen. So yes, doing what is necessary to build change is a big ask. So too is preserving the status quo, which is what you are advocating for.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You really don't seem to understand how big of an ask your putting on people. Your basically saying "hey please risk your financial stability and human rights on a hail mary pass".
    I mean, we're headed for a recession now so I don't think you can use risk of financial stability as a scare tactic

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    My one post you replied to that quote with agreed with my post. You tried to appear more intelligent than you are by pulling that out. My post was concise and to the point, the quote you used just expanded on it but the idea was exactly the same: You want people to get into positions of power where they can institute change for those that look like them or have similar backgrounds.
    I assure you, I can't appear intelligent. I'm pretty simple. To which I am sure hasn't gone unnoticed.

I get the impression that when you speak of putting people in power. Which we both know is far too simple. Means stacking AoC types, and there is no number of stacked AoCs that will ultimately matter.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You understand that even if the Dems somehow manage to get the sweeping change you advocate for the right just has to challenge it in the courts they own now to undo it. The fact that you constantly downplay how disastrous the current state of the SCOTUS is to any hope of change is really telling.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You understand that even if the Dems somehow manage to get the sweeping change you advocate for the right just has to challenge it in the courts they own now to undo it. The fact that you constantly downplay how disastrous the current state of the SCOTUS is to any hope of change is really telling.
    Let me stop you there. The Dems will never manage sweeping leftist changes. They aren't leftists, and don't have a leftist agenda.

Edit: And they aren't even a socially progressive party either. Which needs to be reminded. Even if they claim a platform that touches on it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It literally doesn't matter any progressive legislation is moot the minute it hits the SCOTUS.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It literally doesn't matter any progressive legislation is moot the minute it hits the SCOTUS.
    It matters because you are putting the cart before the horse.

"Don't do the good thing because they may do the bad thing!"

Like, part of the game is shaking people out of their biases and social programming so that they can effectively see that certain policies actually are to their benefit and not some red scare boogeyman. And even if the Dems did push leftist candidates and failed doesn't mean the policies have no chance. It just means the right-wing spin machine is that effective en lieu of the routine attacks against education since the 80s.

Nonetheless, put people in a position where they can get the meds and treatment they need without ruining them or gouging a giant hole in their wallet and you'll start winning hearts on an issue. The GOP can take the year or whatever to creep up the courts, but you still have to get the genie out of the bottle that healthcare should arguably be more of a right than being able to buy a bunch of ARs because one day maybe you could be the "good guy" in some hypothetical. And that's just one issue.

Whining about the SC when there are multiple fixes or points in history where RGB or Obama should have made different plays gets us nowhere other than making you look like a kid having a tantrum. The GOP punched. Punch back harder. I'm not arguing this from some fabricated position of privilege because I've been living their bullshit my whole life. I'm hurt and tired, too. What scares me isn't them continuing to be who they say they are. It's being left high and dry because no one else wants to try to break the cycle.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

A quick snip of the "I have a Dream" speech is the message that the US wants. The entire Letters From a Birmingham Jail" book is the messages they need.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    "Don't do the good thing because they may do the bad thing!"

Like, part of the game is shaking people out of their biases and social programming so that they can effectively see that certain policies actually are to their benefit and not some red scare boogeyman. And even if the Dems did push leftist candidates and failed doesn't mean the policies have no chance. It just means the right-wing spin machine is that effective en lieu of the routine attacks against education since the 80s.

Nonetheless, put people in a position where they can get the meds and treatment they need without ruining them or gouging a giant hole in their wallet and you'll start winning hearts on an issue. The GOP can take the year or whatever to creep up the courts, but you still have to get the genie out of the bottle that healthcare should arguably be more of a right than being able to buy a bunch of ARs because one day maybe you could be the "good guy" in some hypothetical. And that's just one issue.

Whining about the SC when there are multiple fixes or points in history where RGB or Obama should have made different plays gets us nowhere other than making you look like a kid having a tantrum. The GOP punched. Punch back harder. I'm not arguing this from some fabricated position of privilege because I've been living their bullshit my whole life. I'm hurt and tired, too. What scares me isn't them continuing to be who they say they are. It's being left high and dry because no one else wants to try to break the cycle.
    Yeah and when the GOP gets the necessary power to repel the ACA because you pushed too hard you think people like me are just going to support the progressive push again? Then again I'm sure you and Spicy would just be like "well you never deserved affordable coverage because everyone didn't have access to it".

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't think that's the argument you think it is.

Virtue signaling isn't working with the people it needs to, so unless you have a better message you aren't winning shit over in one fell swoop. What needs to happen is someone not afraid to piss off conservatives after winning their votes by passing sweeping reforms tha-

Oh. That's right. Half that shit is getting undone because folks couldn't play the long game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We cant play the long game Kuro people need help now dont you know.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah and when the GOP gets the necessary power to repel the ACA because you pushed too hard you think people like me are just going to support the progressive push again? Then again I'm sure you and Spicy would just be like "well you never deserved affordable coverage because everyone didn't have access to it".
    I won't put my response about the ACA in here because it is far too venomous.
    However, all you are concerned with is your own personal security and social sensibilities. So, no, lol. All you will ever do is cower beneath the news cycle anyway. At best you may attend a protest for the sake of catharsis.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I won't put my response about the ACA in here because it is far too venomous.
    However, all you are concerned with is your own personal security and social sensibilities. So, no, lol. All you will ever do is cower beneath the news cycle anyway. At best you may attend a protest for the sake of catharsis.
    And you know vote the only thing that matters not that you would know.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quick everyone, give us your email and contact information that we totally won't abuse.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is that how we hold them accountable? Ask for an investigation? Lolol, okay then.

Oh, pretty please Mr. Bourgeois, could you not fuck us on eggs? If you don't I'll be forced to vote you accountable!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/30-jo...073608561.html

UBS' takeover of Credit Suisse will lead to layoffs of about 30% (36k) of their worldwide workforce.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag