1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They talking about the ex versions

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Parsers = fine to talk about, but NOT fine to bash somebody over. The second you start bringing out parses in some in-game argument used to justify anything that could be construed as an insult or harassment towards another, it becomes bannable.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yoshi P interview today. Translations are a little rough.

Non spoiler stuff:
    News on the path to 7.0 will begin to come out around the end of February
    Plans to buff BLM, SAM, and MNK
    Krile was supposed to be featured in promotional key art but they forgot (lol)
    NPC follow quests have been in the works since 3.0, Yoshi says they want to continue to develop and adjust them based on fan reactions. Might go back and tweak some of the existing ones in Endwalker.
    They hope to make an announcement next week about server expansions and the resumption of new sales.

Endwalker finale spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    Emet-Selch’s involvement in EW was planned as far back as Shadowbringers, says the fan’s positive reaction did not influence their decision to bring him back. Yoshi P says they had to halt merchandise being made for Emet during Shadowbringers until his story was finished.
    Yoshi P says a lot of work was done on Hydaleyn’s primal form and it was heavily influenced by Amano’s artwork.
    The idea for Venat = Hydaleyn was not planned the entire time but they made it up along the way.
    The original story idea for the Ascians from 1.0 was scrapped and beginning with 3.0 they began writing new stories for them.
    The “In From The Cold” solo duty was originally much more difficult before release so technically they have nerfed it twice now.
    Yoshi P says it took him a long time to finish the scene where Hydaleyn dies and he cried so much that he ran out of tears.
    They had to do a lot of work for the trust trial against Hydaleyn. They programmed Y’shtola to never fail a mechanic on her own (she can still get hit if another character runs into her).
    The scene where Estinien visits you in your bedroom and jumps out of the window was surprisingly expensive to animate.
    They did not want to make Zenos the final boss, but they did want to make Zenos the final encounter, as they felt Zenos does not simply think of you as warrior of light but as an adventurer.
    Yoshi P jokes that Lalafell warriors of light are able to punch out Zenos because of the power of Dynamis.
    Yoshi P originally thought the character design for Hytholadeus was too young, Yoshi P thought he should have been much older (older than Emet), but his art team won him over with their vision for the character.
    Yoshi P comments on how Soken wove different themes through different zones. The prologue theme is mixed with ARR, Thavnair has Heavensward, Garlemald has Stormblood, and Elpis has Shadowbringers.
    The story for 7.0 has generally been decided on.
    Derplander will change jobs from PLD to something new for 7.0 but they haven’t decided yet what his new job will be.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I always wondered where the original 1.0 story was meant to go but seems like that will always remain a mystery. I get the feeling Hydaelyn was more malevolent while the Ascians were just typical bad dudes as opposed to now which is bad dudes but with tragic backstory.

Hydaelyn's death scene got me too. Not outright crying but def in my feels. Need a portrait of her and Venat to get added in-game eventually.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yoshi P interview today. Translations are a little rough.

Non spoiler stuff:
    News on the path to 7.0 will begin to come out around the end of February
    Plans to buff BLM, SAM, and MNK
    Krile was supposed to be featured in promotional key art but they forgot (lol)
    NPC follow quests have been in the works since 3.0, Yoshi says they want to continue to develop and adjust them based on fan reactions. Might go back and tweak some of the existing ones in Endwalker.
    They hope to make an announcement next week about server expansions and the resumption of new sales.

Endwalker finale spoilers:
    Emet-Selch’s involvement in EW was planned as far back as Shadowbringers, says the fan’s positive reaction did not influence their decision to bring him back. Yoshi P says they had to halt merchandise being made for Emet during Shadowbringers until his story was finished.
    Yoshi P says a lot of work was done on Hydaleyn’s primal form and it was heavily influenced by Amano’s artwork.
    The idea for Venat = Hydaleyn was not planned the entire time but they made it up along the way.
    The original story idea for the Ascians from 1.0 was scrapped and beginning with 3.0 they began writing new stories for them.
    The “In From The Cold” solo duty was originally much more difficult before release so technically they have nerfed it twice now.
    Yoshi P says it took him a long time to finish the scene where Hydaleyn dies and he cried so much that he ran out of tears.
    They had to do a lot of work for the trust trial against Hydaleyn. They programmed Y’shtola to never fail a mechanic on her own (she can still get hit if another character runs into her).
    The scene where Estinien visits you in your bedroom and jumps out of the window was surprisingly expensive to animate.
    They did not want to make Zenos the final boss, but they did want to make Zenos the final encounter, as they felt Zenos does not simply think of you as warrior of light but as an adventurer.
    Yoshi P jokes that Lalafell warriors of light are able to punch out Zenos because of the power of Dynamis.
    Yoshi P originally thought the character design for Hytholadeus was too young, Yoshi P thought he should have been much older (older than Emet), but his art team won him over with their vision for the character.
    Yoshi P comments on how Soken wove different themes through different zones. The prologue theme is mixed with ARR, Thavnair has Heavensward, Garlemald has Stormblood, and Elpis has Shadowbringers.
    The story for 7.0 has generally been decided on.
    Derplander will change jobs from PLD to something new for 7.0 but they haven’t decided yet what his new job will be.
    One more thing I saw Yoshi saying is that Reaper was designed from 0 (whatever that means) and cost a lot but is a well designed and complete job, so they don't plan to nerf it and instead want to bring other jobs closer to it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm guessing by 0 they mean from complete scratch unlike an existing FF job and trying to fit it into said mold.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finished P1S and P2S in pf over the weekend. Fun fights but probably the easiest ones in a while. Started on 3 and it ups the ante a little but so far hasn't been too bad. Wonder if they wanted to make it more approachable for all the newer players.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Finished P1S and P2S in pf over the weekend. Fun fights but probably the easiest ones in a while. Started on 3 and it ups the ante a little but so far hasn't been too bad. Wonder if they wanted to make it more approachable for all the newer players.
    God, P2S was party finder hell. I ended up clearing it late last night, but the amount of people who just don't pay attention for Sewer Cut is infuriating.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The hardest thing in P3S is having to schedule an eye exam to get new glasses from the seering orange and red burning my retina, everything else about that fight is pretty tame. I don't know how people fuck up during fountain phase but apparently moving opposite of your puddle to bait your bird and standing there is too much. These fights are all going to crumble with week 2 gear.

I've been stuck on P1 forever. There is always one person that just can't get in the right spot for chains.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm guessing by 0 they mean from complete scratch unlike an existing FF job and trying to fit it into said mold.
    Yeah, Reaper is completely new and original, they don’t even have anything to draw inspiration from other FF games, and the kit is unique too. And while Sage is “unique” is’s somewhat just copy/paste from Scholar with tweaks to make it its own.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nah Reaper is pretty much XI’s dark knight with a scythe, Yoshi P giving themselves too much credit

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Drk is a slow piece of shit compared to reaper. KC drk, maybe.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

People read the weaponskill names and scream that it's DRK from FF11 when its only sharing identity is having access to a scythe, which is terrible because if you ever came a cross a DRK with a Scythe today you'd probably kick them for griefing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Seriously. Slow, unbalanced damage-to-speed ratio, terrible weaponskills. Fuck that noise. Old and busted: the entire system. A lovely relic to observe in a museum, but nothing more.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know we joke about casuals being bad but I didn’t think it was possible to be *this* bad. Watched a streamer doing the final duty of Endwalker. It was bad.
    SHE LOST TO ZENOS. She couldn’t dodge shit. She got hit with literally every single A TEST OF YOUR REFLEXES like bro after getting hit twice at least you would pick up on it. She restarted the fight on Very Easy and I laughed because they start you with SIXTEEN extra life buffs, and she still failed the reflex hit each team time. She did clear it on very easy at least. Like bro. How are you level 90, not boosted, and still this bad at the game lol…Yoshi P is truly a saint for giving these people a way to finish the story.

Most of the content is easy enough that people can be carried. Roulette gave me P4 Normal yesterday, and one of the DPS parsed at 3%. I don't even know how that is possible.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I once had a Black Mage that did nothing but cast Blizzard I. He didn't even do it on cooldown, he cast one Blizzard I every 5 seconds. When I told him that Fire does more damage, he just responded with "I know, I just want to fit in". I have no idea what that even means. Another time I had a Bard and Dancer in the same group that did nothing but auto attacks. No abilities or anything, just auto attack.

A lot of people don't even do the bare minimum in roulettes and expect to get carried while they watch Netflix. I don't mind it as much in MSQ since there's so many cutscenes, but it pisses me off in other roulettes.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah I've noticed quite a few bads coming up in parties. Had an AST capped at 88 in the 87 dungeon with level 80 gesr that sucked so much at healing I couldn't do big pulls and their excuse was "they normally have WAR tanks"

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I know we joke about casuals being bad but I didn’t think it was possible to be *this* bad. Watched a streamer doing the final duty of Endwalker. It was bad.
    SHE LOST TO ZENOS. She couldn’t dodge shit. She got hit with literally every single A TEST OF YOUR REFLEXES like bro after getting hit twice at least you would pick up on it. She restarted the fight on Very Easy and I laughed because they start you with SIXTEEN extra life buffs, and she still failed the reflex hit each team time. She did clear it on very easy at least. Like bro. How are you level 90, not boosted, and still this bad at the game lol…Yoshi P is truly a saint for giving these people a way to finish the story.
    PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME STREAMER LINK LOL!!! I want to see.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag