1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79

Don't compare things to war right now, its self-healing is on another level when it comes to normal play (Seems very balanced in savage content to me).

I pld main and really love the job, but i level war up and doing raids and Roulette's is a joke on War. You don't need a healer at all. Also, one of the most forgiving jobs when it comes to rotation. You miss something or overcap/don't burn your cooldowns, your DPS takes a small hit on War.

You do the same on Pld, and you take a huge DPS loss (Like missing Confiteor because you miscounted).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

PLD is known as the spreadsheet tank as the job has about 5 different openers for different encounters, some doing weird as fuck things like popping fight or flight at 12s on the countdown timer or your first action is to go right into Requiscat so it lines up with a later mechanic or not using all of your sword oath stacks to get into requiscat sooner, I wouldn't say there is anything about PLD that is basic because of that very fact.

GNB achilles heel when playing at a high level is its weave windows, because a majority of its GCDs are followed up with an offensive oGCD it only leaves a window for 1 defensive oGCD unless you're going to clip but that's just a big nope and feels bad. GNB, like DRK ideally never has to pull the boss because whatever you're taking at the start of the fight is gonna most likely have to be answered with your invuln for your own sanity of not clipping.

PLD and DRK I'd argue are squishier tanks than GNB and WAR as well, defensively the two jobs lack something that the other two bring much better, and well nothing is really competing with nascent flash & bloodwhetting, that utility is stupid broken for what you can do when coordinated well. The removal of the 20% damage mitigation from cover really fucked PLD, that and cover still requiring gauge to use in the first place is just fucking stupid, about as stupid as inner beast stacks being consumed by literally anything other than fell cleave and decimation.

TBN is also not as great as people like to circle jerk around it like a basic bitch miqo in the quicksand of Balmung. Giving up damage potential for damage mitigation is the stupidest fucking design choice and whoever is preventing it from just being a 30s ogcd defensive should have their finger nails ripped off. Hope the living dead changes are good and dark missionary gets dropped to lv.70 so you're not griefing yourself in older content by playing with a DRK.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I only have GNB and WAR at 90 right now for tanks, I alternate running roulettes on both of them to change it up a bit and it’s honestly about the same usage GCD wise.

All of the expert roulette dungeons, first big pull is self heals + Rampart and maybe either Vengeance or Camouflage if the dps is low, pull 2 is Self heals and Reprisal + Arm’s Length, which is usually more then enough for any of the Expert dungeons :3

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Life leech being added to LD

TA is now self debuff only but Mug has a party debuff now

Namikiri and Midare autocrit but kaiten is no longer in the game

Searing light is no longer a pet action

To name a few job adjustments

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

The DRK buff seems like crap if I'm reading the card correctly since isn't Waking Dead the buff you get when you "die"?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Walking dead is the thing that needs to be healed or else you die. Giving self healing during that is good and one of the two ways I would've fixed LD

I'm still hoping blood weapon is getting changed too and they just didn't mention it

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ah. Never used it much so I didn't remember the mechanics.

Still though I wish they'd make Dark Mind reduce all damage instead of just magic.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://squareenixmangaandbooks.squa.../9781646092345

Endwalker art book is available for preorder

SQUARE ENIX® announced it will publish FINAL FANTASY™ XIV: Endwalker™ -- The Art of Resurrection -Beyond the Veil- on June 25, 2024 from the company’s Square Enix Manga & Books imprint. The Art of Resurrection -Beyond the Veil- is the second volume of a two-volume art book set, featuring roughly 800 pieces of full-color artwork created during the development of the critically acclaimed Endwalker expansion.

This deluxe, large-format volume covers content through Patch 6.5, including Myths of the Realm, Pandæmonium and Island Sanctuary. It also features detailed illustrations of characters, equipment, dungeons, trials, and more across hundreds of pages. In addition to the stunning artwork, the book includes an exclusive in-game item code for a Zodiark Idol minion.
    Spoiler: show

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag